Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Hyperbole is one thing, changing the portrayal and the facts of the situation to fit your mindset is another.

At this point, everyone has dug their heels in and won't even discuss the actual circumstances so it's rather pointless.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,538 times
I applaud this lady can never be too careful, especially in this day in age. At least she did give a warning, she could have just shot him.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
I applaud this lady can never be too careful, especially in this day in age. At least she did give a warning, she could have just shot him.
This is of course a fantasy tale....... So in this case there would have been no one to shoot.

If this were a true tale she would never have loaded the gun and racked a round in.. And then if she indeed had shot and killed the guy she would be heading to a trial by jury.

It is simply amazing what non gun people think...

Further more the woman would appear to have no training... Just the fact the tale claims the mag was not in the gun says that.

And with out training there is little to no chance she would have the mind set to shoot at a human, much less hit one.

Dream on

Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think we have seen different versions as to the details of the encounter.
I have only seen a couple links on this wives tale. If you have any with good hearsay better, then let me read it.

No one with any SD training carries a semi auto this way with the mag out, or would brandish this way because they would know that too was illegal.

Waving a gun around to feed a mag into it when you need it is a tad too late...

By that time an attacker with in 21 feet will already have you......

Anyone with 1 day of training finds that out real fast........

This whole story is fake and made up, a pipe dream........

Only a non gun person would think it could be remotely true.

This is no different that the woman who burned herself..... and made up it was a racial attack.

I can be wrong, but unless I see a better time line than I have so far this is just a pipe dream all made up.... total fiction.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I've had my brains blown out by women on numerous occasions during my lifetime, but none of them ever pulled a handgun.
More than we wanted too know.....

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh brother! gun's are always the answer for folks who'se pee pee's quiver when confronted with an uncomfortable situation.

Judging anyone as less than a real man because of their posting on these boards would say something about your ability to assess any worthwhile character trait I would think.

Have at it ladies I'm going for my sensitivity tune up so I'll eventually agree with the hypothesis that fear justifies differing behaviour patterns vis-a-vis male, female flashing of your weapon.
Maybe, the OP is a teacher and as we've seen in school.... boys are to be more sensitive to others and not be so boyish.....

Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
yes...requested closure of thread
gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hyperbole is one thing, changing the portrayal and the facts of the situation to fit your mindset is another.

At this point, everyone has dug their heels in and won't even discuss the actual circumstances so it's rather pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies