Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Exactly right. This kind of stuff is rape-lite. Maybe mom and kid laugh & point and get through this situation, but the perp is emboldened, and then what about the next victim? Maybe not so lucky. This woman did the right thing.

Never, ever, ever take a liberal's advice when it comes to matters of criminal violence.
So all those attendants working with advanced alzheimers patients would be entitled to shoot them for walking down narrow hallways towards them shouting "watch me, watch me" while masturbating?

Your grandad one of those who'll be the first shot?

More sales of .380's coming up- to all hospital or asylum staff.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,681 times
I think most stable women should at least consider getting some sort of handgun training (or armed self-defense training). If more women reacted like her, there would be a lot fewer victims.

That pervert probably will think twice before doing that again.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
All she did is re-act to a deliberately assumed act of violence....

Violence is an extreme form of aggression, such as assault, rape or murder.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
So all those attendants working with advanced alzheimers patients would be entitled to shoot them for walking down narrow hallways towards them shouting "watch me, watch me" while masturbating?

News accounts put this guy in his 30's. It seems unlikely that he was suffering form advanced alzheimers.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Blah, blah, blah re terminology or what she should have or should not have done. There is something some of you are missing here...

WHAT would make her react in this way??? ***FEAR***

Women and children are vulnerable and at risk!! Men cannot understand this fear, as they not the frequent victims of crimes like this...a man would not have reacted this way because he has no fear of a brutal sexual assault.

She clearly could not know his intentions... or whether he was high on crack or bath salts etc..... could have escalated to assault, kidnapping, rape of woman/child or even death. Her little boy already had to see a crazy man running around naked and demanding they watch him masterbate...that is bad enough.

She is responsible for this child, she is the protector and she is going to protect her child in whatever way she deems necessary.

[/quote]

Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Blah, blah, blah re terminology or what she should have or should not have done. There is something some of you are missing here...

WHAT would make her react in this way??? ***FEAR***

Women and children are vulnerable and at risk!! Men cannot understand this fear, as they not the frequent victims of crimes like this...a man would not have reacted this way because he has no fear of a brutal sexual assault.

She clearly could not know his intentions... or whether he was high on crack or bath salts etc..... could have escalated to assault, kidnapping, rape of woman/child or even death. Her little boy already had to see a crazy man running around naked and demanding they watch him masterbate...that is bad enough.

She is responsible for this child, she is the protector and she is going to protect her child in whatever way she deems necessary.
Must Agree!! The guy is lucky.....most people are taught if your going to pull the gun out with intent to shoot, make sure it's one bullet.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Someone posted the link
Yes, and I acknowleged it. See post #14.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Let me restate your point....

Me: A guy walking in the forest with a gun is attacked by a bear suddenly and shoots into the ground to scare the bear away.

You: Oh, I guess you think that zoo keepers should just gun down bears in their enclosures out of fear of attack because they had no idea the bears were there.

WTF dude?

You really don't see the difference between the reactions of some person caught unaware in a vulnerable position and that of a trained professional in a known position with back-up close by?

Why do I bother with this forum of mental patients?

Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Flashing may be an annoyance and embarassing but it does not, IMHO, warrent this extream response. Pulling a gun is the proper response to a violent assault and nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
OMG !! A naked Human Body!!! RUN!!! No Shoot them!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If, as you propose, the Flasher had made a grab for either the woman or the child that would be sufficient violence to justify SHOOTING him not just brandishing a gun and threatening him. You do not pull a gun on people that are annoying or embarrassing you. You pull a gun on assailants and nothing else. Guns are not threat weapons. They are for shooting and killing in self defense.
Some guy running around naked does not justify her response even if a child was present.
He shouldn't have messed with mama bear, plain and simple. Some guy simply running around naked may not justify her response, but some guy approaching her and her child and doing this:

Quote:
a man approached her aggressively while masturbating and suggested she should watch him
totally justifies what she did.

Flasher runs away after Washington woman pulls out gun - The Washington Post

It floors me that some people really think that she was wrong in pulling the gun.

Last edited by JordanJP; 11-16-2012 at 11:27 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree with you that it was an improper response to flashing.
Go say that in front of a rape surviors group.

What the f*ck! did Mr. Akins hack your account? I cannot friggin believe I'm hearing this from you.

She didn't shoot a single shot. Kid in tow, can't even run away.....

I have a friend that actually had to SHOOT a sexual predator that came after her with her kid home. Guy broke in despite the dogs and everything....rap sheet a mile long.

God, I cannot imagine what a sheltered life you must lead to throw your fellow women under the bus because you don't like guns. Please, please please dwell on this....maybe you are a martial arts expert of something and don't see the need...but most of our women are not rich, not martial arts experts and yeah....with 750,000 registered sex offenders in the US....there is some real risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies