Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 AM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
OK...I guess you think she was just supposed to let him c*m all over her and her kid. I think she handled it better than that.
I agree Toyman, I can't believe some people want to defend the pervert. This woman is a hero.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:04 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
I hate guns, am usually on the left side of arguments, etc.

But I would have done exactly what this woman did if I has a gun on me.

She had no way of knowing his intentions and she had a child with her. There's a difference between some dumb kid streaking or a drunk person peeing in the lake LOL, and some random sicko targeting you and your child. I'd do everything I could to scare him off. And if he tried to come at me and especially my kid I'd shoot him, even if it was just in the foot.

Just because I prefer to end things peacefully doesn't mean I don't recognize there are situations where you need to go there.

But maybe it's just because I'm from Brooklyn. LOL

Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Brooklyn or not: good post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

She had no way of knowing his intentions and she had a child with her. There's a difference between some dumb kid streaking or a drunk person peeing in the lake LOL, and some random sicko targeting you and your child. I'd do everything I could to scare him off. And if he tried to come at me and especially my kid I'd shoot him, even if it was just in the foot.

Just because I prefer to end things peacefully doesn't mean I don't recognize there are situations where you need to go there.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Mathguy:

Please consider starting a nationwide MEN AGAINST RAPE group, with education for males that includes understanding this crime/prevention.

You'd be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Go say that in front of a rape surviors group.

What the f*ck! did Mr. Akins hack your account? I cannot friggin believe I'm hearing this from you.

She didn't shoot a single shot. Kid in tow, can't even run away.....

I have a friend that actually had to SHOOT a sexual predator that came after her with her kid home. Guy broke in despite the dogs and everything....rap sheet a mile long.

God, I cannot imagine what a sheltered life you must lead to throw your fellow women under the bus because you don't like guns. Please, please please dwell on this....maybe you are a martial arts expert of something and don't see the need...but most of our women are not rich, not martial arts experts and yeah....with 750,000 registered sex offenders in the US....there is some real risk.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

That's understandable. I can see you pulling the heat out on him...that makes sense.

But if you actually shoot the fool, you're probably gonna get in a lot of trouble. I doubt very seriously that he'd go any further than just simply flashing you once he saw the heat in your hand. Most flashers aren't going to do physical harm to anyone anyway, they're just sick in the head.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's understandable. I can see you pulling the heat out on him...that makes sense.

But if you actually shoot the fool, you're probably gonna get in a lot of trouble. I doubt very seriously that he'd go any further than just simply flashing you once he saw the heat in your hand. Most flashers aren't going to do physical harm to anyone anyway, they're just sick in the head.
Agreed.

However in the Stand Your Ground states, we've all seen that she could have blown the guy away and VERY likely have escaped any prosecution whatsoever.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
A Washington state flasher got more than he was expecting from a woman who was walking around a lake with her little boy.

When the flasher approached, she put the clip in her Ruger .380, aimed and told him to leave or she would "blow his brains out"

he ran...

BTW guys: Women are sick of the obnoxious and/or criminal ways SOME men treat them...

*Read the article at
msnbc.com*
She should have followed through and done the world a favor. No one would miss these idiot perverts.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
A Washington state flasher got more than he was expecting from a woman who was walking around a lake with her little boy.

When the flasher approached, she put the clip in her Ruger .380, aimed and told him to leave or she would "blow his brains out"

he ran...

BTW guys: Women are sick of the obnoxious and/or criminal ways SOME men treat them...

*Read the article at
msnbc.com*
In Florida she would have landed in prison. If you pull a gun, you better shoot to kill, or you'll be in trouble.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you pull a gun, you better shoot to kill, or you'll be in trouble.
You never shoot to kill. You shoot to stay alive. And hopefully unharmed as well.

The surest way to stop an assailant is to kill him. Guns are very effective at this. It's also better in the case of a shooting that when the police arrive, there is only one version told of what happened.

I carry at times. I keep loaded guns in the house, ready to use if ever needed. My wife knows how to shoot.
My daughter is 6. When she's of the proper age, I will teach her how to shoot. When she's old enough to stay by herself, she will know where the guns are and how to use them.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
I don't really think any of this really happened either... The way it's written, seems just too foggy to me... She put the mag in the gun and cocked it ........ Oh yeah that's how i do it too

But this time i think is is someone at msnbc who was a little bored standing around the water cooler. I doubt there was a woman a child, a gun and a pervert....

Harrier i think you own this one man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies