Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,975 times

Advertisements

You're right, Kramercat. People in the U.S. are more informed these days and aren't as knee-jerk with their support for Israel when events like this occur. What you and I and many more people are thinking and feeling is how much of the world has thought and felt for many years, but because of U.S. political and media efforts reality was not seen so clearly here.

I imagine that when the U.S. unjustly (which is always) and repeatedly bombs and kills civilians, destroys infrastructure (typically the U.S. will destroy civilian electric and water/sanitation facilities early on in the bombing) as well as the environment and wildlife (such as was done in Vietnam*) the vast majority of people around the world feel as disgusted, if not more so, because they fear it could happen to them.

*Isn't it amazing how long the U.S. government maintained that war, and how much popular support it received (and still receives) in the U.S., plus the absolute vindictiveness shown toward Vietnam for decades, simply because they wanted independence? Not to mention how the U.S. then enthusiastically killed a million (not to mention those who lost their homes, etc.) more in Cambodia and Laos? Such cruel, disgusting actions could only be carried out by a freely elected government if there are many sick minded people living in the U.S. that support that government, and as you find out when voicing some concern for Palestinians - as if all or even most of them are violent or that they could have no possible reason to resort to violence - there is still no shortage of them.

Last edited by Clint.; 07-16-2014 at 09:21 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Yes I agree with you, Hamas is a sick group.
And in this case, the Israelis.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:43 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,147,873 times
This is what tribalism/nationalism does to humanity. It turns mankind into killing machines.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I would rather start by cutting off Egypt and Pakistan.

If we cutt off Egypt and Pakistan Vladimar Putin and Xi Jinping would be in there so fast ones head would spin. Americans forget what happened in 1956 when Ike and John Foster Dulles cut off aid to Gamel Abdul Nasser. Egypt became Russia's base of operations in the Mediteranean and the Middle East. An Egyptian air force outfitted with Russian or Chinese stealth fighters is not a good idea. Also the new Russian S300 and 500 SAMs (the same ones being sold to Iran) can shoot down aircraft flying over Israel from bases in Egypt on the Westank of the Suez Canal.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:04 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Looks like Israel's gunships do more damage than the Hamas rockets. Maybe they should have signed that cease fire when Israel agreed to it.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:35 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
why don't you believe? they beat this US citizen child

U.S. teen beaten by Israeli police to return home - CNN.com

oh, you don't believe they would do it to Jewish children
Well, if this "child" was a sixteen year old wearing a mask and carrying a slingshot and running around an area where there was a riottttimean, protest going down, knowingly looking and acting exactly like the people the IDF were deployed to contain, then yes, they would have most likely gotten beaten.

Some of you guys make it sound like he was an eight year old bookworm pulled kicking and screaming from his home and beaten for kicks.

No, he was like Rachael Corrie: a dumb kid coddled by suburban american life who thought they were invincible and went to a war zone, and then unfortunately got what they deserved for making a stupid decision they were too young and idealistic or brainwashed to realize was a dumb decision.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:55 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
WE can tell you see Hamas as the victims here. Since they didn't sign the cease fire, raining 1600 rockets in 8 days on Israel is perfectly fine. I suppose you'd like to see the 67' boundaries back as well. Then Israel would become likely to be erased from history again.

That is what would make you happy, yes?
I know the use of the term Apartheid is going to dusted off as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
No, I don't want the 1967 boundaries back. I want 1948 back. Aka no Zionist state. One state for all - Palestinians and Jews - with the right of return for the Palestinians displaced respected as well.

And that is how this conflict will end.
In other words, YES you want the state of Israel to not exist!

I nailed it you fkn moron! Insanity virtual... I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Looks like Israel's gunships do more damage than the Hamas rockets. Maybe they should have signed that cease fire when Israel agreed to it.
Israel will take out Russia and China according to the Bible. The PLO has been given everything they wanted in several negotiations, yet they keep pulling out.

I say let them be the benefactors of their pi$$ poor leaders!

Old 07-17-2014, 01:05 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Yes I agree with you, Hamas is a sick group.
Hamas is only as sick as any other terrorist organization. They are corrupt, and by by choice, they betray their people for cash.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
There won't be another "9-11" soon because that WOULD be the end of the Middle East. I don't know about you; but, that's 1 part of the world I don't like or respect although the Kurds seem to be taking care of business.
LMAO...the "end of the Middle East?"

Hey...those tribes were around long before there was a such thing as the United States, and when the United States ceases to exist, there will still be Arabs, Kurds, Jews, Turks, Persians, etc...they ain't going anywhere no matter what happens here.

And they don't much care about your affection or respect either. I'm sure the sentiment is reciprocal. Your best bet is to leave them alone and worry about fixing your own country.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
I would say the Assyrians have copped it worse than the other minorities there (Assyrian genocide for example).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies