Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
No, We are talking about the same people. Jews AFTER WW2 said "Never Again" and after that point Jews would no longer be Pacifists. Israel will not allow another Holocaust be done to them nor will they do a Masada to themselves. Gazans chose this path after 2005 and now they have to deal with the ramifications of it. The Muslim world knows the truth about them now and not one country has sent them a ship to leave from Gaza nor has Egypt allowed any of them into their country. That's reality no matter how you want to spin it. None of this is in the sake of the Tanakh nor the Quran.
Their hypocrisy is clear: if they didn't like being treated the way they were treated in WWII, they certainly shouldn't be treating other people the same way.

Quote:
This is not the Religion Forum, so if you want to spin this in that direction then attempt to open a thread there. Christian Theology IMO has no place in this thread.
This isn't about Christianity. It's about people being held accountable for their actions. You and I both may have to give account someday. It's something to think about, as we treat our neighbors with respect, or disrespect.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
You bet your ass disproportionate. If someone punches me agressively I'm going to hammer them to the ground and not wait to see if they get up. Why? its called eliminating the threat.

If someone comes at you with a knife do you want a knife or a gun to defend yourself.

Where in the hell does the notion of fairplay come into the equation when you are being attacked, oh that's right only in the liberal mind does that exist.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears you don't want to look at history. Those Indians you love killed each other tribes all over the place. Eh who cares though because they were beat by the evil white man so you squeal about it. Just pathetic. Go learn history and then get back instead of screaming and whining about nothing.
I am not so blind as to cheer for one side or another. I am not "pro-Indian" nor am I "pro-white" like you are. I can see both sides clearly, because I consider ALL human life to be equal and valuable. This is what I have learned from history.

And, we might be accountable someday for how we treated our neighbors. All of us.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Gaza is modern Israels Warsaw Ghetto with 2 million people living in a crowded city with no utilities or the means to support its self. If you try to leave Gaza you go right in to Israel something Israelis actually fear. Israel in in the same position as the Wartime General Government that the 3rd Reich used to administer the remains of Poland. Israel like the Nazis would just like these people in Gaza to disapear but are still conflicted over the desirability of a FINAL SOLUTION.
They are nothing alike. What a ridiculous comparison.
And yes, half my family lived in Poland during WWII.

The only ones with a "final solution" are the nations and militant groups surrounding Israel who think it shouldn't exist.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And yet, the Israeli government doesn't support a two state solution
When the Jews left Gaza in 2005 that was the litmus test and it failed within hours as rockets came flying out of Gaza. Don't be fooled by the Palestinian Authority rhetoric as they are still in wanting it ALL mode.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM

85 posts, read 103,804 times
Regardless of which side you are on or what history you subscribe to; Israel seems very serious this time. We have moved past the usual exchange of air strikes and now Israel has launched a ground offensive. Will Israel occupy the Gaza strip? That remains to be seen. It does appears that Palestine will suffer Israel's military wrath.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley slacker View Post
... Will Israel occupy the Gaza strip? That remains to be seen....
Well lets see the options: Fatah leadership failed within two years (after 2005). Egypt has closed its border with Gaza, built a more fortified wall than the fence Israel used and blew up the tunnels. Turkey is spouting off tons of rhetoric and has not sent one ship to evacuate any of them. Furthermore no country has sent any ships to aid or evacuate them. Gaza blew up the Erez crossing thus causing all Humanitarian aid to now have to travel to the other crossing near the border with Egypt (from the most Northern crossing to the most Southern crossing). There were two more, but the Gazans blew them up years ago and places IED's near them now. So now Gazans have to make a choice. Put down their weapons and live or have their own version of Masada.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:15 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
There are times when it is better to use few words or a short clip to get the point across.
Israel’s Disproportionate Response by Varda Epstein | Israellycool
When attacked there is no such thing as a "disproportionate response." The only appropriate response is to completely wipe out those who attacked.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Where in the hell does the notion of fairplay come into the equation when you are being attacked, oh that's right only in the liberal mind does that exist.
Don't ask me. I'm USMC.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:25 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I can't believe the logic of the liberal progressives here that are defending Hamas.
Really? so if someone approached your family with a baseball bat and threatened to kill them
you would do nothing?

Palistine has been sending bombs into Israel for years now and is hell bent on its destruction and all you can say is "oh well"?
Why are you so surprised? It has been no secret since the Clinton administration that Democrats openly support international terrorism. Now we have Obama openly supporting the terrorist organization the Muslim Brotherhood, and financing and arming al Qaeda in Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies