Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
This, more or less.

We in no way should require the President to release his school records, birth certificate, or anything like that to the public.
Just take his word that he is a natural born citizen and has never said he was anything else? With all the lies he has told in the last 5 years maybe we do need some proof of citizenship.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
why can't we see and have access to his records?
Did you want to see Ronald Reagan's school transcripts or George H.W. Bush, or Bill Clintons, or George W. Bush Jr's.

So what's so different about Barack Obama that you want to see his?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't know anybody who gives a damn about his transcripts but many of us want to see his enrollment records from Occidental. Why is that a bad thing?
Because feeding the trolls just gets them more agitated. Like the release of the long form BC.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well Obama's employer, the electorate, didn't make that a requirement when he was rehired a month ago nor did the founders of our company(the nation) put that requirement in the personel policy(the Constitution).
At least half of that electorate is made up of uninformed Democrat voters, as Rush calls them, and they don't know about his citizenship and most of them don't know anything about what is required by the Constitution.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
first its birther nonsense, than its bengazi, now its college transcripts,......
the college transcripts are an extension of the birther lunacy. the quest began when the birthers took an april fool's day prank seriously that stated obama attended occidental as an indonesian citizen under the fulbright scholarship.

snopes.com: Barack Obama Was a Foreign College Student?

a few problems with this:

A: obama has never been eligible for indonesian citizenship

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B: obama couldn't renounce his US citizenship as a minor

Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

C: obama didn't qualify for the fulbright

Fulbright scholarships for Indonesian undergrads - Obama Conspiracy Theories

and finally the demand for obama's application records is completely in vain. occidental, like most colleges, only maintain those records for a few (5) years.

College Policies | Occidental College | The Liberal Arts College in Los Angeles

Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Actually tax returns going back are far more useful than school records (which nobody has ever asked me for). So, where were you when people were demanding the Presidential candidates to release their tax returns for a few years?
Tax returns mean nothing to do with Presidential requirements but proof of citizenship surely does seem to be needed this time.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Do you really think the leader of our country should be required to do less than the people he governs? I think politicians should have to disclose more than the average person not less. We should know who we are voting for even if it is after the fact.

Did you vote for Mitt Romney?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
At least half of that electorate is made up of uninformed Democrat voters, as Rush calls them, and they don't know about his citizenship and most of them don't know anything about what is required by the Constitution.
So? The public doesn't determine whether a person is a citizen. The matter is closed. But please, continue to diminish the GOP by entertaining the whackjobs and Froot Loops and Orly Taitz of the country. That three-ring circus will continue to shrink the party to a marginal fringe player.

Speaking of uninformed voters, I saw a poll where a majority of Republicans blamed ACORN for Obama's win. The same ACORN that dissolved in 2010.

LMAO.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Just take his word that he is a natural born citizen and has never said he was anything else? With all the lies he has told in the last 5 years maybe we do need some proof of citizenship.
we're not relying on his word old boy. none of the evidence proving obama was born in hawaii is dependent upon "his word".

Barackryphal: Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii

Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If politicians are forced to disclose more than they already do, I don't know who in their right mind would run for public office.

As an average person, how many photographers follow you around on a daily basis for over a year. How many teams of reporters are picking over every aspect of not only your life but the life of your children, your parents, your parents parents, your friends and damn near anyone you've ever come in contact. How often are your every utterance held up to light and parsed to the last coma? No, I think that there is more than enough disclosure and if there is something that you would like to know but can't find out, just like in the private sector, you don't have to hire/vote for the individual.
How many reporters have ever studied Obama that exhaustively up to now? I guess you don't see much from the MSM about I Won. I sure don't. They did a much bigger job on Sarah Palin in a couple of months than they ever have on Obama since he delivered that speech in 2004. I see now, you are talking about Fox and all those bloggers who really did dig into his past but were pushed back by the MSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.