Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Might as well get accustomed to it.. Unions are dying and have been for decades.. They no longer serve the needs of their membership and instead serve themselves and now it's time to pay the piper.. Unions are on their way out, across the country.. It won't be too long before there isn't a state left that isn't a right to work state..
If labor unions want to gain favor with the corporate world, then they should offer to take over the burden of administering all worker benefits, and so saving companies the expense of doing that. As a result, corporate support for right to work would vanish! But then plenty of conservatives would whine that no one should be forced to work where the benefits are forced, most of all by labor unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you saying that the attack on the AFP tent took place because Crowder was there? How about the destruction of the business place, his hot dog stand, of Clinton Tarver? Oh, I forgot, they destroyed that thing because Tarver went to the aid of the women buried in the tent.
Your post was pure union Pelosi and I would say that you are one of those who was at Lansing yesterday from the sound of it.
All you know about it is what Fox told you, and what you want to believe. You know nothing else about that situation. It's just easy and rewarding for you to parrot the right-wing media. I myself might believe Fox media if it hadn't lost its credibility long ago. I certainly would like some real news.
You know what they say about assumptions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Remember ---A) it was Bill Clinton that pushed through and signed the NAFTA deal -- and that was certainly about cheap wages and putting Americans out of work.
B) Obama only expanded NAFTA and is just as avid as GW Bush about bringing in millions of cheap illegal workers. You seriously cannot blame only the Republicans for cheap labor. They can have their fair share of blame, C) but exactly why do you think Obama just took that trip to SE Asia? More cheap labor of course. I don't see how you can be so fooled.
A) You just make statements without bothering to read previous posts? The discussion about Clinton and NAFTA has been worn out around here.
B) Obama can do nothing about NAFTA with repubs in congress, and nobody, including you, knows how he feels about it.
C) He has spoken only vaguely about this - so what info do you have? I heard him speak about "cooperation" but that could mean anything. Why do you assume one thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
What barrage of crap, your unemploymnent #s are BS comparing Texas or Alabama to Nevada is apples oranges
You got something against people working
These are not my figures.
Yeah *hyuk* I hate people who work and succeed in life! I myself am a leech living off your tax dollars. That do it for ya?

Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Choice...

The ultimate civil right.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
The latest chapter in the Republican power grab here in MI is they've introduced legislation to make in much harder to recall politicians.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post

A) You just make statements without bothering to read previous posts? The discussion about Clinton and NAFTA has been worn out around here.
B) Obama can do nothing about NAFTA with repubs in congress, and nobody, including you, knows how he feels about it.
C) He has spoken only vaguely about this - so what info do you have? I heard him speak about "cooperation" but that could mean anything. Why do you assume one thing?
Obama expanded NAFTA considerably by allowing Mexican truckdrivers to take over the US highways and take jobs from American truckdrivers --- so I think we can all safely assume Obama is very much in favor of NAFTA and all that dirt cheap labor.

Plus of course he plans to bring in many millions of new cheap labor by offering a huge amnesty. It really is all for the purpose of bringing wages down. No matter what he pretends when it comes to jobs for Americans, his actions are for the opposite.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Only if Crowder dresses in drag and demands free birth control pills.
You are Crowder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Kind of like Bill Maher? So if Bill Maher were to show up at a Tea Party rally and "annoy" the people there by asking them "Do you believe Sarah Palin is a c***?" and a Tea Party member clobbered him and fellow Tea Party members tore down a tent that a bunch of humping hippies were fornicating in, that would be okay with you? Violence is "okay" if anyone has the audacity to "annoy" a Liberal? I just want equal rights when it comes to punching out anyone who is annoying, I'm sure you understand.
You can't tell the difference? Maher is raunchy, witty, funny, and creative. No right-wing "comic" like Crowder or Dennis Miller can match him. Show me a right-wing comic or fan who does not equate humor with crassness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
They should have gone further and killed all manning the tent and everyone associated with that horrible group. Finish off with a public beheading of the Koch brothers and their families on live TV. Time to get all French Revolution up in this place.
Or American revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What is AFP? I hear so much left leaning crap about it and it seems that until unions get involved I never hear much lefty noise about the Koch brothers or the AFP. Do you really know what it is other than what leaners say about it?
AFP is just another corporate fascist organization basically promoting "prosperity" for a ruling elite. An oil billionaires' front group.
http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ns-prosperity/
http://www.politicususa.com/american...ork-rally.html
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...for_Prosperity

Last edited by detwahDJ; 12-12-2012 at 09:37 PM..

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama expanded NAFTA considerably by allowing Mexican truckdrivers to take over the US highways and take jobs from American truckdrivers --- so I think we can all safely assume Obama is very much in favor of NAFTA and all that dirt cheap labor.

Plus of course he plans to bring in many millions of new cheap labor by offering a huge amnesty. It really is all for the purpose of bringing wages down. No matter what he pretends when it comes to jobs for Americans, his actions are for the opposite.

Allow it and then play one against the other, or create a false narrative, to blame the innocent.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
AFP stands for Americans For Prosperity. The people behind it stand for what is in the best interest for the corporate world and its profits. Having a union in a workplace certainly isn't it.
AFP does not disclose its donors but it has been discovered that they receive major funding from the Koch brothers.

Kevin Grandia | The Big Money behind Americans for Prosperity

Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
AFP stands for Americans For Prosperity. The people behind it stand for what is in the best interest for the corporate world and its profits. Having a union in a workplace certainly isn't it.
The company I work for has both Union and non union plants. Oddly enough the non-union plants out perform our Union counter parts in both delivery and case cost. When we go to a Union plant I am always amazed at how little they care. Run 80% or 50% efficency it all pays the same.
Our line goes down it's like ants on a grasshopper to get it running again.
Theirs goes down its break time.
Your right having a Union in a factory certainly isn't good for profits.
What amazes me most is the trade Unions are very good and do superior work, yet those Union workers in factories act like going to work is going to their own hanging.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like you will have to negotiate your own salary. I don't know how the 90% of the workforce not in unions survives. LOL

Yep, the 93% somehow get along fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies