Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 PM

172 posts, read 298,437 times

Advertisements

Maybe next we can we psychoanalyze the people that go to online forums and pretend to be psychologists to fulfill their need to compensate for "other" inadequacies.

This game is fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'll bet you are right. I just bought a handgun Tuesday and haven't fallen in love with it. yet. I wonder if I will.
Roy, you start dressin it up in little skirts, we will start questioning..

Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Please define your meaning of love in this context. Is it different that the love some people have for their car, or their boat or dining room set? If not, are these people nuts too? Are you suggesting being passionate about things is wrong in some way? Or only wrong to be passionate about something you cannot share the passion for?
The primary difference is that your car or dining set are not designed to kill. But I do get your point and it is important to note that you should never let any one thing become the sole focus of your life, whether it is guns, cars, sports or other things.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepalmhc View Post
Maybe next we can we psychoanalyze the people that go to online forums and pretend to be psychologists to fulfill their need to compensate for "other" inadequacies.

This game is fun.
Or, better yet, the people who fret over the people who go online to pretend to be psychologists to fulfill their need to compensate for other inadequacies. What's up with that? Discuss.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The only logical reason why anyone would "love" a piece of metal that is designed to kill or maim is the sense of power and self esteem it gives the owner.

This discussion isn't about whether the 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms. It's about people who are passionate about their guns. Gun nuts.

It's one thing to own a gun, it's another to be in love with it.
You post is a delusion pile of mindless, sophistic Bull Crap. Give it up.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If you are married and passionate about your wife or are a parent and passionate about you children I guess you're now a nut. Who knew?
How far below your firearms do your kids and wife rate?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would say that anyone who is willing to accept mass slaying of our children as the new normal to justify guns, is a "gun nut."
Then I would say, according to YOUR definition that we have no gun nuts on this board... No-one that I know of is accepting this mass slaying.. We all just have different ideas of how to deal with the issue.. Quit with the superior attitude already.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
How far below your firearms do your kids and wife rate?
My guns are not below my wife... That's why I divorced her..

Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 PM

172 posts, read 298,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Or, better yet, the people who fret over the people who go online to pretend to be psychologists to fulfill their need to compensate for other inadequacies. What's up with that? Discuss.
You get it, at least I hope you do.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepalmhc View Post

This game is fun.
This is not psychoanalyzing. People really believe these things.

Here is an elected congressman explaining why we can't ban these weapons

Louie Gohmert:

Pressed by host Chris Wallace on why ordinary citizens need semi automatic weapons that shoot 5 bullets per second, Gohmert said that any restrictions on fire arms could lead to the slippery slope of full prohibition and said that American amass weapons to protect themselves from the government.
“For the reason George Washington said a free people should be an armed people,” Gohmert explained. “It ensures against the tyranny of the government, if they know the biggest army is the American people, then you don’t have the tyranny that came from King George.

And the idea that the ebt will end and they will be forced to defend themselves against roaming bands of urban minority youths, that is a real belief amongst many conservative gun nuts.
Read it for yourself

Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence | Western Rifle Shooters Association

Here is a small excerpt.

It’s estimated that the average American home has less than two weeks of food on hand. In poor minority areas, it may be much less. What if a cascading economic crisis, even a temporary one, leads to millions of EBT (electronic benefit transfer) cards flashing nothing but ERROR? This could also be the result of deliberate sabotage by hackers, or other technical system failures. Alternatively, the government might pump endless digits into the cards in a hopeless attempt to outpace future hyperinflation. The government can order the supermarkets to honor the cards, and it can even set price controls, but history’s verdict is clear: If suppliers are paid only with worthless scrip or blinking digits, the food will stop.
STEP ONE: FLASH MOB LOOTING
In my scenario, the initial riots begin spontaneously across affected urban areas, as SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistance program) and other government welfare recipients learn that their EBT cards no longer function. This sudden revelation will cause widespread anger, which will quickly lead to the flash-mob looting of local

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies