Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The only logical reason why anyone would "love" a piece of metal that is designed to kill or maim is the sense of power and self esteem it gives the owner.

This discussion isn't about whether the 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms. It's about people who are passionate about their guns. Gun nuts.

It's one thing to own a gun, it's another to be in love with it.
I love riding motorcycles, surfing, skiing, sports, and shooting.

I am not IN LOVE with these things. I reserve being IN LOVE for my wife and family. My weapons, as most of the 55 million other gun owners will tell you, are used to protect the people I am IN LOVE with.

You are (once again) wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I love my dog.

Fords suck, Mopar Rules.
No wonder I don't like you... as I gaze out at my 6.7 Dual-Turbo Powerstroke F-350 Dually... <grin>

You've obviously never driven a 69 Boss 302

I do wax nostalgic when thinking about a 70 440 Roadrunner, or a 426 Barracuda.

At least you didn't say GM, so there may be hope for you.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You "machine tool nut"!!!! You should be ashamed.. You are using machine tools as an extension of your manhood..
Only someone with feelings of sexual inadequacy would own a lathe or drill press....The perversion of it all, making all of those freudian holes in innocent pieces of metal and wood. Be a real man and get teddy bear with a maple leaf on it.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No wonder I don't like you... as I gaze out at my 6.7 Dual-Turbo Powerstroke F-350 Dually... <grin>

You've obviously never driven a 69 Boss 302

I do wax nostalgic when thinking about a 70 440 Roadrunner, or a 426 Barracuda.

At least you didn't say GM, so there may be hope for you.

Mr. Norm's GSS Hemi Dart Build - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times
Quote:
The only logical reason why anyone would "love" a piece of metal that is designed to kill or maim is the sense of power and self esteem it gives the owner.

This discussion isn't about whether the 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms. It's about people who are passionate about their guns. Gun nuts.

Exactly. It's their little portable penis enlargement tool.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times
Quote:

This is where liberals get it all wrong. Most liberals base their beliefs on emotion. I doubt any conservative 'loves' his/her piece of metal any more than you 'love' your car. You are wrong about the reasons behind why people own a gun. Not every person has the same reason, but we have the same right to own one in this country and this is what brings the passionate defense of owning guns. Lots of people own guns for hunting, and lots of people own for target practice as a hobby. I would say where I came from that most people had a gun legally or illegally for their own protection though just as many inner city citizens/criminals do. The gun is like the knife, it just sits there unless someone makes a decision to use it. The gun can be regulated or banned, but there will always be people who don't care about the laws.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:

Thank you for the blanketing statement.

I am in love with the idea of a free society and our constitution.

You lefties live by "feelings" and "utopian ideas", we don't.

There's nothing that I enjoy more than going to the shooting range and firing off a few hundred rounds.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Quote:

I am a man. I feel wonderful when I accomplish anything in life. Be it related to work, sex, recreation, function,etc.

That is what makes a man a man. I always thought it was the natural order of things.

Let us also not forget- honor, integrity, loyalty, maturity, patience,etc.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Exactly. It's their little portable penis enlargement tool.
Hmmmmm, I have a S&W snubbie (2'' barrel). Does that mean
I am hung better than I thought?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:

You maybe right even hunters are coming out against these weapons. You don't need semi automatic weapons to kill deer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies