Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times

Advertisements

The NRA has put out a statement tonight. Not clear what it said other than a major policy Chang is being prepaired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough?
Simple, because thugs own illegal semi-automatic weapons. What are law abiding citizens supposed to do when 4 guys wearing masks kick in your front door and one or more of those thugs has an AR or AK on them? Am I supposed to use my little 38 and hope that I can hit him as multiple rounds are coming my way?

Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?

you know, for the life of me I do not know why anyone living in the city would actually need a vehicle or public transportation. after all, with all those buildings in the way, they should be happy and just walk everywhere they need to go.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
Because it is a natural and legal right...period.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
I'm glad I have an SKS, and an AR15 would be even better, when I consider things like this which happen: Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides the fact riots happen in larger cities too.

A semi-auto is also very comforting when you're dealing with a pack of a dozen eastern coyotes (which are part wolf and can be dangerous).

Old 12-19-2012, 04:28 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Actually, to be honest, I am for being armed to the teeth, because god forbid something like the Nazis or Communists happen again.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually, to be honest, I am for being armed to the teeth, because god forbid something like the Nazis or Communists happen again.
That could never happen here...lol

Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Just look at the amount of home invasions just in 2012 alone in the Miami area on one of their broadcasting affiliates (http://www.wsvn.com/search?q=home+in...2&location=%2F) and then look at all the other urban areas' news and tell me guns are of no use. Just because a mass shooting takes place doesn't mean we should ban or control guns because other crimes happen everyday and banning guns or controlling the kinds of weapons we can buy legally will only leave people like the people in these home invasions defensless.

Search wsvn.com

Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
That could never happen here...lol

You're a funny one aren't ya?

It could happen anywhere, all it takes is one power hungry person, armed people willing to support them, and an unarmed society ready to be victims.

I used to think a gun ban would be the answer, but then I looked at history. Weapons are a fact of life. Sure some countries may get away with banning guns during peace time, but that's just it.

What is important is our culture. Clean up our culture and the gun problem will be solved.

...However that indeed is a gigantic task, but then again, so is taking away the guns from the gun nuts.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You're a funny one aren't ya?

It could happen anywhere, all it takes is one power hungry person, armed people willing to support them, and an unarmed society ready to be victims.

I used to think a gun ban would be the answer, but then I looked at history. Weapons are a fact of life. Sure some countries may get away with banning guns during peace time, but that's just it.

What is important is our culture. Clean up our culture and the gun problem will be solved.

...However that indeed is a gigantic task, but then again, so is taking away the guns from the gun nuts.
I was agreeing and being sarcastic...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies