Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times

Advertisements

How about we do this instead..... Force you whiners to own a semi auto battle rifle, ammo for it and you get to pay for the training on top out of pocket. Doesn't cost the tax payers a dime.

You get to qualify 4 times a year too, and pay for that and the ammo too boot.

You should be required to carry this rifle at work, shopping and on vacation every single waking hour every single place .

Not having your rifle in plain sight, you should be arrested and fined $50,000, and held with no bail until you pay up!

Further more should you refuse the buy out option is all the costs of all the above times 10 per year. This should cover ages 18 to 62 for males and females.

And Teachers should be armed with pistols in all working hours on their bodies in open carry mode.

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:00 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Our hobby will be more regulated that much is clear. If not now it will be, because it has to be. I am not going to quit shooting either, I load and shoot on a regular basis. But if a bit more restriction or regulation is going to stop a bit of this its worth it. Our right is not absolute as are the others in the bill of rights, non are absolute. They are regulated. You have the right to free speech but you can't say your going to kill the president. Get used to it.
How exactly do you propose we do? Test all the people to see if any of them are criminally insane, or have the potential to be one day, and then what, just not sell them a gun?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Fallacious argument. Even before 1986 there were very few crimes committed with legal fully auto weapons in fact there are exactly three The St. Valentines Day Massacre and one around 1980 where a cop shot his wife in bed with another guy with a Mac-10, and SWAT officer Edward Lutes who went postal on his supervisor and neighbors with his police issued MP5. There have been no other recorded crimes committed with legal full auto firearms. So for instance the North Hollywood shootout there were full auto weapons used, however they were not legal, but illegally modified.

You completly missed my point. The NFA was not when Reagan limited the pool to what was already in, it was 1934 and was created because of all the gang land shootings, since very few legal full atuos have been used in crimes so you make my point for me. LOL

I'll point out of the three cases only in one of those cases (the St. Valentines Day Massacre which precededed the 1934 GCA) has full auto been restricted to the perpetrators of these crimes the other 67% of crimes were by police officers who still have easy access to fully automatic firearms even after the 1986 Hughes Amendment. See above.

However it will not. It would not have stopped that event in CT, the guns used by the shooter were all legally obtained by the shooters mother who was then robbed and murdered by that same shooter, how could it have stopped that event? His Mother bought the two handguns, and the rifle, he tried to buy some firearms from a gun store and was denied, this shows that even the current mechanisms in place worked, but didn't stop the event.
As I said in other posts, no one law or attempt can stop it all,but its a start.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
When do we finally admit as a nation that 20 angels is the price of "freedom?" That is the question at the heart of this issue.
See, I have a different view. When do we as a nation finally admit that undertreating the mentally ill and not forcing institutionalization on the dangerous of our mentally ill will force us to reverse the street 'em and treat 'em method of psychiatry?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
See, I have a different view. When do we as a nation finally admit that undertreating the mentally ill and not forcing institutionalization on the dangerous of our mentally ill will force us to reverse the street 'em and treat 'em method of psychiatry?
Your idea seems to focus on one issue. This will no more fix the problem then just a few more regulations on guns. Its an all of the above. There is even more to your issue than just putting people in an padded room. The three main types of mental issue is the person who is crazy and thinks they are doing a good thing and not to be held responsible for their actions, the second who is a sociopath that does not feel any empathy for others pain, and the more common the depressed who act out. We would have to create a national health system where its mandatory to see a Dr at least once a year. If you saw all the idiots yelling I want my country back over the anemic AHCA how would you think these buck tooth idiots would act over that?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Your idea seems to focus on one issue. This will no more fix the problem then just a few more regulations on guns. Its an all of the above. There is even more to your issue than just putting people in an padded room. The three main types of mental issue is the person who is crazy and thinks they are doing a good thing and not to be held responsible for their actions, the second who is a sociopath that does not feel any empathy for others pain, and the more common the depressed who act out. We would have to create a national health system where its mandatory to see a Dr at least once a year. If you saw all the idiots yelling I want my country back over the anemic AHCA how would you think these buck tooth idiots would act over that?
Yet we managed to see very little of these mass shootings without a national health system back when crazy people were actively treated as crazy and put into institutions so they couldn't harm people. My point is that we've tried gun control, let's try something else. I would even be open to spending money on the issue and as a conservative, that's actually something significant. Would save more money and more lives than even more ineffective gun control laws.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
I would even be open to spending money on the issue and as a conservative, that's actually something significant.

Well bless your heart.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:33 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
How about we do this instead..... Force you whiners to own a semi auto battle rifle, ammo for it and you get to pay for the training on top out of pocket. Doesn't cost the tax payers a dime.

You get to qualify 4 times a year too, and pay for that and the ammo too boot.

You should be required to carry this rifle at work, shopping and on vacation every single waking hour every single place .

Not having your rifle in plain sight, you should be arrested and fined $50,000, and held with no bail until you pay up!

Further more should you refuse the buy out option is all the costs of all the above times 10 per year. This should cover ages 18 to 62 for males and females.

And Teachers should be armed with pistols in all working hours on their bodies in open carry mode.

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings
You are really a poor fellow. Hijacking those victims for your political propaganda is a bit of an insult, frankly.
Plus, do you really think people in the Middle East want to live like that? It is basically a war zone. Accepting such a poor state of society is stupid, lazy, and cowardly.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
As I said in other posts, no one law or attempt can stop it all,but its a start.

That's what many of us fear... It's only the start.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
You are really a poor fellow. Hijacking those victims for your political propaganda is a bit of an insult, frankly.
Plus, do you really think people in the Middle East want to live like that? It is basically a war zone. Accepting such a poor state of society is stupid, lazy, and cowardly.
Because of these bleeding heart liberals this country is becoming a Nazi police state too, but here instead we have the right to fire arms and to take the govt back is we must. Perhaps you never read the Declaration of Independence. Perhaps you are just brain washed.

The victims are because of the artificial life style pressed upon the people by the far left Elite.

Mind numbing liberal rabid dog rant is going to end and we will get back to Liberty and the Freedoms which are out Rights!

Poor me? I don't think so Bub. I drink the finest mountain water in the world, and i breath the best mountain air in the world to, and I am not very hungry as of late either.

Once more these children victims are directly related to the rabid far left. The far left created the Gun Free Zone, combined with the Drug Free Zone and you can see just how well this has worked since Columbine.

It is high time to set aside the far left and their ideas NOW!

ALL Public Servants should be Armed and protect the public! pretty simple.

BTW 'do you KNOW 'To Serve and Protect" does not mean the Police are NOT your personal body guards?

Let US Ban GUN FREE ZONES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies