Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Who cares why they are stubborn? They're wrong. Just as most were wrong this past election. Just like more people than not want common sense gun control. Nobody has to pander to these stubborn fools.

New poll shows support for gun control at a five-year high | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog
Is there a chance that you will tell us what common sense gun control is? At least you know what it is in your mind. I am sure you can't explain it in the words of I Won but go ahead and take a try.

I keep seeing you progs suggesting that stuff but never tell us what it is you are suggesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Odd, on this forum it is the anti gunners who say give a teacher a gun and they will turn on students, give a college person the right to carry and they will go to a keg party and shoot it up. Seems to me that is being afraid and paranoid not to mention stereotyping.

So is it that is afraid and untrusting of their fellow people?
Using your logic then why don't we just allow people to have any weapon they can afford without restriction period. Again using your illogical logic as long as they are a law abiding citizen we are made safer by them having whatever weapon without restriction they want to possess.

If you can't see how radical and insane that idea is surrounding controlling weapons, I can't help you.

See conservatives and gun nuts aren't deep thinkers, they just believe stuff.

Every sane person recognizes that some weapons are so dangerous that you don't care about if someone is a good person or a law abiding citizen we don't want you or anyone to have that weapon because of the damage it can do.

This is where the discussion to control weapons are at for rational people.

What level of dangerous weaponry do we as a nation want to unleash on ourselves.

I think a sane nation has the duty to ensure public safety and control and limit those dangerous weapons.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
So it's only compromise if you get your way 100%.

Hell. No.
That compromise is a word that leaners don't understand. Their glorious leader thinks it is "My way or the highway" and that seems to be what they think it means, also.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I have one quote to say in response, which one day you may utter hopefully not...."never thought it would happen to me".
The paranoid always believe with conviction.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The problem is you can't have a serious discussion with the mentally insane. gun nuts are crazy. They have crazy views about the world.
Based upon the type and quantity of firearms owned by me and many of my friends, you'd probably call us "gun nuts". But we're really normal, everyday people. I'm a salesman. One of my friends owns a photography business. Another is a nurse. Another is an insurance adjuster. We're every day, normal people, and our views about the world, other than perhaps gun control issues, are probably not that different.

Quote:
Here is my solution, people can have guns but high powered guns should no longer be sold.
Define "high powered" please. Until I know what you mean, I can't form an opinion or continue the conversation.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
If you can't see how radical and insane that idea is surrounding controlling weapons, I can't help you.

See conservatives and gun nuts aren't deep thinkers, they just believe stuff.

And you don't see to contemplate you won't be able to control weapons in any meaningful way unless you are willing forcefully confiscate weapons.

There are bad guys out there armed, they want you to be vulnerable. Pleae on your part, do some deeper thinking.

Or is it liberals aren't deep thinkers, they just deny reality?

And really it isn't a liberal/conservative thing, this debate, it is more pro self defense vs trusting government to defend you. The cops did their best, but they were 20 minutes away......

Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,976 times
Quote:
I have one quote to say in response, which one day you may utter hopefully not...."never thought it would happen to me".
It can and does happen to you...often when you least expect it.

I have another responce...you better PRAY...guys like us hear you!

Halloween (1978) - ending - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Based upon the type and quantity of firearms owned by me and many of my friends, you'd probably call us "gun nuts". But we're really normal, everyday people. I'm a salesman. One of my friends owns a photography business. Another is a nurse. Another is an insurance adjuster. We're every day, normal people, and our views about the world, other than perhaps gun control issues, are probably not that different.

Define "high powered" please. Until I know what you mean, I can't form an opinion or continue the conversation.
I don't know you. So I don't know if you are a gun nut. You may be you may not be.

The definition of a what constitutes a high powered weapon is irrelevant.

The only question is do you recognize that there are certain weapons that people cannot own that the government should not allow to be owned legally by any citizen because of the destructive level of the weapon.

The goal is to acknowledge the existence of such weapons and start banning them and surely some guns fit in that category.

If you do then we agree. If you don't then you might be a gun nut.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Odd, on this forum it is the anti gunners who say give a teacher a gun and they will turn on students, give a college person the right to carry and they will go to a keg party and shoot it up. Seems to me that is being afraid and paranoid not to mention stereotyping.

So is it that is afraid and untrusting of their fellow people?
You are so right about THEM and paranoia. Also, very right about them being so untrusting of their fellows.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
And you don't see to contemplate you won't be able to control weapons in any meaningful way unless you are willing forcefully confiscate weapons.

There are bad guys out there armed, they want you to be vulnerable. Pleae on your part, do some deeper thinking.

Or is it liberals aren't deep thinkers, they just deny reality?

And really it isn't a liberal/conservative thing, this debate, it is more pro self defense vs trusting government to defend you. The cops did their best, but they were 20 minutes away......
You do not have to confiscate weapons to control them. I listed how you do it. It will be expensive and it will take years to do it, but it will can get done.

irrational fear of being a victim of crime is a hallmark of gun nut land.

Look my safety is not based on my owning a gun. Since I have never owned a gun. I have never been robbed. Never been assaulted. Never been anything.

I have been alive for 39yrs lived in what many would consider dangerous neighborhoods and never not once have I needed a gun. So I already know that my safety does not come from gun ownership.

I don't walk around terrified or even thinking I'll be a victim of a violent crime. I am not afraid like gun nuts.

gun nuts are terrified of crime even though statistically their family is more endangered by having a gun in the home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies