Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Nice try...I suppose the estimated 3.4 million job loss's advised by the CBO out of decisions by corporations effected by Obama care is next. Things won't go well for them, is that it, because thats the root suggestion.
What's a nice try? A for-profit corporation is not the same thing as a non-profit religious group....why is that so difficult for some of you to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Mr. Hobby Lobby is free to close his business down. He is not free to dictate his religious practices onto his employees or customers.
Where in hell have you found anything about the Green family, the sole owners of this company that appears to be dictation of religious practices on his employees or customers other than the fact that they don't allow any of their stores to be open for business on Sunday?

I think that anyone who thinks he is trying to force his religious thinking on his employees is just a far left leaner who is afraid that Obamacare really was unconstitutionally written and passed. You don't know about that, at all, do you?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, money is all they see. They do the Jesus thing you mentioned in that they do not allow one store to be open on Sunday. They do so many things that are Christian and that is what you don't like, and you know it.

You did notice that the man who said those words was an assistant to our Attorney General, didn't you? Did you read any more of the link than these words that work so well for you?
Oh well in that case, I guess that gives them the right to trample all over the laws in the name of Jesus. They could give every employee four day work weeks, they are still a for-profit corporation not a non-profit religious group, therefore they are not covered by RFRA, why is this difficult for you to understand? Is there something I am saying that is too hard for you to understand?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look. If the owner of Hobby Lobby doesn't want to use birth control, he is free not to. However, he has no right to impose his Taliban religious practices onto others!

He is neither prohibiting or hindering his employees from obtaining and using contraceptives.

Perhaps he should simply have part-time employees and offer them no healthcare plan at all?

Quote:
Where in hell have you found anything about the Green family, the sole owners of this company that appears to be dictation of religious practices on his employees or customers other than the fact that they don't allow any of their stores to be open for business on Sunday?

I think that anyone who thinks he is trying to force his religious thinking on his employees is just a far left leaner who is afraid that Obamacare really was unconstitutionally written and passed. You don't know about that, at all, do you?
Actually denying his employees healthcare that is suppose to be covered is called forcing their religion onto their employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No one closse a profitable corp, and 1.3 mill a day is far far less than the cash flow generated by Hobby Lobby.

BTW, government can delay any business closure..the WARN ACT would pertain to Hobby Lobby due to its size. 60 day notice required, or far larger fines than 1.3 million.

I can tell you do not understand how bank covenents work. For any corp bigger than a mom and pop, they are critical factors in business decisions.
How about how our so great administration begged those aircraft manufacturers not to stay away from the WARN ACT by telling their employees that they may well be without jobs if the government actions made it through. Hey, that blade cuts both ways, I think.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
He is neither prohibiting or hindering his employees from obtaining and using contraceptives.

Perhaps he should simply have part-time employees and offer them no healthcare plan at all?
Yes, they could do that, and then they could watch every one of those employees be tempted by their competition with full-time jobs and full benefits....I am sure they would see their profits soar right into the toilet after that.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
How about how our so great administration begged those aircraft manufacturers not to stay away from the WARN ACT by telling their employees that they may well be without jobs if the government actions made it through. Hey, that blade cuts both ways, I think.

Delaying the notices is what the WH wanted in anticipation of a deal voiding sequestration.

Most likely, that deal will be in place within 2 weeks.

Another roysoldboy Red herring.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
It's interesting ,
you'd think in the light of a few kids getting killed and all the focus against guns, you'd think there would be the same up roar against murder in the womb which happens by the thousands .
Hipocrits

Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No they provide squat. Hobby Lobby, Inc provides insurance. It is a legally separate entity, files taxes as an entity, not as individual income for the Greens.
Who owns the whole company? Since they provide the insurance from company funds it appears to me that they are providing it completely. Yes, I understand what you want me to see but how many of the real leaners here understand? I will guess none. They want only to provide cover for that unconstitutional law to cover up for Obama. You are talking business and maybe you could get onto the topic of the link like why did the Greens sue Kathleen Sebelius, TurboTax Timmy and other of the Obama people. I wonder why that would be.

Hey, I don't think they would turn all those people out on the streets but I do think they should. Just seeing what the Dept, of Labor does with 13,000 newly unemployed people would be worth seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies