Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,194,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Weren't you implying that journalists and the public could have just walked up to the school when they arrived?
They could walk up to the school. I'm sure the police set up a perimeter at that point but reporters would still be able to take pictures (have you seen how awesome zoom lenses are these days?) and allowed to have been in the general area.

15,172 posts, read 8,687,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Then why are mass shootings on the rise? Why have we seen a sudden and drastic increase in random mass shootings?
Because, all the world is a stage, and the men and women are but actors, playing many roles.

8,560 posts, read 6,423,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Methinks one can take nothing for granted. Assumption is no longer available to the consciously aware, at this point in time. That said, I don't believe Billionaires would be in need of my assistance.
I do think Donald Trump would be interested. Seriously. You should get paid for your investigative work.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,194,449 times
Quote:
It's easy to get you and Kathryn confused; your writing style and positions are so alike.

This case does NOT have endless unanswered questions, holes, inconsistencies. In fact, I have not even seen one list inconsistencies posted here by the people who are complaining. Certainly if the inaccuracies and inconsistencies in reporting were "endless" you could come up with just a few examples.

I didn't notice ray saying that "mainstream media" was her only source of news. Did you see her say that?
Well, considering I posted two very long lists of questions, I don't know what to tell ya.

Regarding Ray's comment, the whole conversation about the MSM was twisted from the begining and taken out of context. Ray has made some bizzare accusation (gun nut, RWNJ) directed at me that were based on nothing but his or her imagination so I'm not too concerned.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
They could walk up to the school. I'm sure the police set up a perimeter at that point but reporters would still be able to take pictures (have you seen how awesome zoom lenses are these days?) and allowed ot have been in the general area.
Really? They were all allowed to walk up to the school when they got there? So all reporters carry around expensive cameras super zoom lenses? Wow. I thought it was photo journalists who did that.

Did it ever occur to you all that maybe even "reporters" thought twice about photographing kids that age and plastering their pictures all over the place?

I think what is most offensive about this thread is that the whole story is about tiny little kids who were slaughtered, yet, some are trying to use this horrific event to attack the White House and the many, many various members of the media for their reaction to the violence inflicted by a gun. It's like trying to throw up a smoke screen to confuse people. It's all smoke and mirrors, and that's what makes it really offensive to most people at a gut level.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,371,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And I happen to disagree that "reasonable questions" are being asked.

So you have the right to question the Sandy Hook massacre but I don't have the right the question your questioning? Why would that bother you?
You have the right to question my questions. You also have the right to answer my questions. Furthermore, you have the right to say anything you absolutely desire to say to me - no matter how off topic or baseless. The question is why would you.

It bothers me that, instead of engaging in any type of civil dialogue, you & others have chosen to belittle and attack. It has been my experience that those who do the latter often lack anything of substance in regards to contributions to a conversation.

IOW, if the premises of statements put forth are so easy to debunk/answer, why not just do it and dispense with the nastiness?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Well, considering I posted two very long lists of questions, I don't know what to tell ya.

Regarding Ray's comment, the whole conversation about the MSM was twisted from the begining and taken out of context. Ray has made some bizzare accusation (gun nut, RWNJ) directed at me that were based on nothing but his or her imagination so I'm not too concerned.
How about a link to your two very long lists of questions? Did you cite the inconsistencies in reporting, or were these just questions you felt were not answered by the reporting?

I've seen no "bizzare" accusations from Ray toward you.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,138,695 times

The SANDY HOOK Shooting - Exposed & Investiged _Mike Powers - YouTube Former Military investigating expert now with a team looking into this, also they refer to colorado .....checked and found below at 11:30 on clip...posters are correct there is quite a bit on line and now there is expert investigation from a military guy.

See 11:30 of this...
Sandy hook and the Batman connection - The Truth - YouTube

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,351,493 times
Quote:
Dude, Kathryn is the OP, not me. The whole reason why this thread exists is because the mainstream media dropped the ball leaving and endless list of unanswered questions, holes, inconsistencies, etc. If after all of this you still turn to them as your only news source, that's your choice but you do realize every source is going to have conflicts of interest and biases. It is my opinion that it's best to gather news from multiple sources (including the mainstream media) if accuracy matters to you at all.
Firstly, I am not a "Dude." Secondly, YOU were the OP of the post in question. Thirdly, you have verbally sneered at the "mainstream media" and those who read/watch/listen to it in multiple posts. We, the sneerees, are curious about your sources of information. You discredit the veracity of the MM, so please tell us of these "multiple sources" from which you gather your more credible information.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM

15,172 posts, read 8,687,397 times
Quote:
I do think Donald Trump would be interested. Seriously. You should get paid for your investigative work.
I consider it a duty of citizenship, and I think we would all be in much better stead were more people to take that obligation more seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.