Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I know, its amazing. He/she equates equal opportunity with mandating everyone is, err, the same

This is an example of out-of-touch black person that does not relate to American Blacks because he feels better than them. Hey a black (notso) Supremist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Duh, because it still happens and you supposely being of direct African lineage will look alot like someone else from the same part of Africa and therefore have a greater chance of being mistaken for someone else.
LOL I pity you. I'm 35 years old and I don't live my life worrying about being mistaken by somebody as someone else. Live your life and stop whining. You're Black get over it and get on with life. The White man does not control your destiny, really he doesn't.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM

724 posts, read 593,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a stupid pipe dream of a goal since human beings will always rank themselves socially, and class is a main way to do it. You can't force people to associate with other people or is that a new goal of liberals too?

All we can do is ensure that our public institutions are free of such biases as much as possible.
And I'll infer that you think our public institutions are free of of racism and provide no more opportunity to the rich than the poor.

Stupid pipe dream or not, it has been and still is the goal of our USA, no matter what pessimistic naysayers have to say about it.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
Quote:
Women tend to work at roles that command on average lower pay than men.

Human beings are allowed to married. It's just that since time immemorial across all human societies whatever passed for marriage was between a man and a woman. Gays aren't being denied anything. No one is born a gay they maybe inclined to homosexual relations but being gay is not an immutable characteristic.
Women tend to sometimes hit this thing called "the glass ceiling", maybe you've heard of it?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
LOL I pity you. I'm 35 years old and I don't live my life worrying about being mistaken by somebody as someone else. Live your life and stop whining. You're Black get over it and get on with life. The White man does not control your destiny, really he doesn't.
No ones telling you to change your "world outlook", but to be aware. Empathy isn't a bad trait, you know? Or maybe you don't know, and think empathy is a trait only possessed by the weak.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
No but I have been around long enough to know how important equality is for everyone in this country. Oh btw being aware and fearing something is something people with any sense of survival knows.

I grew up in the hood and lived in the suburbs and have met people of all walks of life, but I have never heard of such a brainwashed black in denial in my life. I'm sure even whites are reading what you write with questions marks floating over their heads

I mean what sane REAL AMERICAN does not want equality for everyone?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No but I have been around long enough to know how important equality is for everyone in this country. Oh btw being aware and fearing something is something people with any sense of survival knows.

I grew up in the hood and lived in the suburbs and have met people of all walks of life, but I have never heard of such a brainwashed black in denial in my life. I'm sure even whites are reading what you write with questions marks floating over their heads

I mean what sane REAL AMERICAN does not want equality for everyone?
You just said it - sane REAL AMERICANs realize equality of outcome cannot be guaranteed even with authoritarian social controls.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
people are not equal in ability or ambition.
very unequal.
what is wanted by the non working is equal benefits without equal contribution to society.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
You just said it - sane REAL AMERICANs realize equality of outcome cannot be guaranteed even with authoritarian social controls.

So do you agree that equal work should result in equal pay? There is no excuse for any disparities it that. I put my 40 hours in and I expect to be paid the same as the person next to me who put theirs in as well.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people are not equal in ability or ambition.
very unequal.
what is wanted by the non working is equal benefits without equal contribution to society.
Well it does talk about how "all men are created equal" and then there's that whole "promote the general welfare of the people" thingy. I dunno. That sounds like they wanted at least a baseline of equality to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies