Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I've been a member of CD for over 10 years. in any post have I seemed "under siege"? that is a ridiculous assertion.

you don't know me. you. do. not. know. me. yet, you arrogantly assume you know me. my thoughts. my values.

you project your ugly prejudices and bigotry on people you don't know because they voted for trump in 2016, including me.

done.
You are correct about one thing.

We’re done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
I think it's a fair suggestion that there's a real chance for a preferential swing to the left. My worry is that this preference will disproportionately arise out of bad or faulty reasoning. Such is at least in theory a comparatively easy fix for Republicans anywhere that far-left microcosms aren't well-established, but my worry with the R's is that they're predictably as blind as their counterparts to their own inconsistencies and shortcomings.
I guess I’m watching a different movie than you. If you couldn’t take the WH in 16 with the chosen one after 8 years of your savior, which according to dems is loved by everyone, I’m not sure why you think it will happen now.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:37 PM

3,331 posts, read 2,136,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
I guess I’m watching a different movie than you.
That's entirely possible. I'm watching the movie in which social culture is shifting dangerously fast (and far) to the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
If you couldn’t take the WH in 16 with the chosen one after 8 years of your savior, which according to dems is loved by everyone, I’m not sure why you think it will happen now.
I didn't vote for Obama in 12' and didn't vote for Clinton in 16'. I'm unsure how the former could be construed as being my savior (unless you're pretending to read minds), and the 'chosen one' was clearly the worst candidate in modern history if she couldn't win against a guy that even by honest conservative accounts was entirely unappealing prior to his having established a 3-year policy record in the White House.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I am an Independent and have been since 2002. What the last 3 years means to me? Well the Democrats have just about made me reconsider being an Independent. I wouldn't vote for a Democrat today unless you put a gun to my head. The ones that are at least semi reasonable much like the Reasonable Republicans are outcasts for not being party hardliners.

How can anyone look at Pelosi, Waters, Warren or others of their ilk and say, that the democrat party is for the blue collar American? How can they say that those politicians believe in putting Americans first?

Old 01-29-2020, 02:37 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,426,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
What an ignorant post...... they are not anti women or anti minorities or anti poor

They are against free contraception and unlimited abortions..... in other words, anti irresponsible behavior

They are against freeloaders who milk welfare, NOT against those who work who are poor

They are not anti minorites..... the major cities in Texas and Atlanta (in the South.... gasp!) are the best cites for blacks as any black publication will tell you. Not to mention, the least segregated cities are in the South. If they hated minorites, don't you think they would stay away from them?

Anti gay, I will give you that one as well as pro military

Otherwise, you have been told what to think by some of the most ignorant progressive tools the world has to offer
- They are against easily available contraception. They have also been against insurance covering contraception. They are against all abortions.

- They somehow are not against corporate freeloaders who get more money from gov't handouts than all the individuals.

- The mayor of Houston is a Democrat, the mayor of Dallas is a Democrat, the mayor of Austin is a Democrat, the mayor of San Antonio is an Independent, and the mayor of Atlanta is a Democrat. All those cities you used as examples of being the best cities for blacks are all run by people who are not Repubican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies