Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,076,747 times

Advertisements

Abortion stops a learning brain, and is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,563,303 times
It's God's word in the Ten Commandants. You have to agree if people would save sex for it's purpose---to have children and not for entertainment then families would be stronger for it. Why do you think God wanted his children to follow this commandant? It's for our own good and our children's.

We would not have 55 million plus abortions, all the STDs and AIDS, etc, if this commandant was followed and for people not to be so selfish. All of this makes our children the victims and the ones who suffer the most.

The Church upholds God's commandants. They have been around for 2,000 years and have gone through many upheavals I am sure they will still be here for the next 2,000 years plus.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,893,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Anti choicer eh? Well I don't mind being called that when the choice is murder or birth....oh and if you had read it correctly,the LAWYERS for the hospital claimed this not the hospital its self.Nice try though.
Do not the LAWYERS represent the Catholic hospital? Cannot the Catholic hospital correct the LAWEYERS whom they pay?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,476,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What is the Catholic church's stance on when life begins? According to a St. Thomas More Hospital in Cañon City, Colorado, a fetus does not count as human life, as long as it's convenient for them in a lawsuit.

Fetus Isn't Human Life, Catholic Hospital Says - YouTube

Catholic Hospital Chain Kills Wrongful Death Lawsuit by Arguing that a Fetus is Not a Person

So much for that. But don't use birth control ladies.
So you and your sources are trying to imply hypocrisy on the part of the Church here but you have no point. The law is the law. We don't judge lawsuits based on the doctrines of Catholicism. That means abortion is legal, but it also means you can't slam the church for wrongful death of a person at the same time as you're claiming a fetus isn't a person. You liberals are the ones who set up the rules, don't complain when your opponents follow them. The Catholic Church is simply following the law as it exists today. The hypocrisy here is yours, not the Church's.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,849,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's God's word in the Ten Commandants. You have to agree if people would save sex for it's purpose---to have children and not for entertainment then families would be stronger for it. Why do you think God wanted his children to follow this commandant? It's for our own good and our children's.
how about for those people who don't want families or are sterile?

Your opinion about 'entertainment' is all it is.
Quote:
We would not have 55 million plus abortions, all the STDs and AIDS, etc, if this commandant was followed and for people not to be so selfish. All of this makes our children the victims and the ones who suffer the most.
you mean the Aids virus was stopped in it's tracks by Catholic propaganda in Africa (you know, the part where people were told not to use condoms)

Quote:
The Church upholds God's commandants. They have been around for 2,000 years and have gone through many upheavals I am sure they will still be here for the next 2,000 years plus.
dream on!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,228,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So you and your sources are trying to imply hypocrisy on the part of the Church here but you have no point. The law is the law. We don't judge lawsuits based on the doctrines of Catholicism. That means abortion is legal, but it also means you can't slam the church for wrongful death of a person at the same time as you're claiming a fetus isn't a person. You liberals are the ones who set up the rules, don't complain when your opponents follow them. The Catholic Church is simply following the law as it exists today. The hypocrisy here is yours, not the Church's.
The hypocrisy here is that you have a Catholic hospital that is not Catholic.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM

511 posts, read 493,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The Catholics are bunch of hypocritical bigots.

they want to ban condoms, and ban abortions.

seems like you want it both ways

I say we should ban Catholics.
Why do you care what Catholics think?
How are they stopping YOU from doing anything.
Ban Catholics...how enlightened, progressive and humanistic.
You sound like a Catholic.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
err, no - because the Catholics believe that pre-marital sex is a sin.

Hence, they will be evolved out by nature.
Haha...a real cerebral giant here!!!! LMFAO

Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I will spell it out for you.

1. Catholics teach the people that using BC, condoms, is a sin.....and they will burn in hell if they use them.

2. Along come more enlightened people, healthcare providers, who have to try to undo what the Catholics have done.....try to convince the people that using BC, using condoms, is not a sin and they will not burn in hell if they use them.

Or vice versa.

Healthcare providers have told the people why they should use condoms, then the Catholics show up and tell them using condoms is a sin and they will burn in hell if they use them.

Catholics.....please keep your dogma to yourselves..... get out of the way....... and allow these healthcare providers to save lives and stop unnecessary suffering.

So angry...maybe yoga would help.

So Africa is full of Catholics?
That's a new one.
So you've used your gifts and talents to spread healthcare (i.e. condoms) to Africa?...and those darn Catholics convinced all the Africans to not use them?
Hmm...maybe they're better at convincing then you.
I think it's all your pent up anger...makes you come across kind of b i t c h y.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,098,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
So angry...maybe yoga would help.

So Africa is full of Catholics?
That's a new one.
So you've used your gifts and talents to spread healthcare (i.e. condoms) to Africa?...and those darn Catholics convinced all the Africans to not use them?
Hmm...maybe they're better at convincing then you.
I think it's all your pent up anger...makes you come across kind of b i t c h y.
For your sake.......I sincerely hope you are being deliberately obtuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies