Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I wonder if Republicans will ever stop trying to control a woman's uterus?
Will democrats ever stop saying abortions are just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Of course, but not until a better alternative comes along.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Actually I think an abortion is anything but fine, I think it is one of the hardest choices a woman has to make in her life and I don't think it is the government who should be telling her what to do.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
When I look at the number of abortions performed since Roe v. Wade, I see it as 55 million lives saved.

Although I did want to mention the best argument against abortion I've ever heard had to do with the idea of declassifying certain groups as non-human in order to justify murdering them (or mistreating them, or buying & selling them) and that it is only a matter of time before government defines ME & YOU as non-human... Much more convincing argument than trying to explain why the world really needs 55 million additional people right now. I also have wondered how fetus defenders would feel if indeed these 55 million babies had been forced into this pitiful world and half decided as adults that they would have rather been aborted, that they would have chosen "death" over life if they'd been given that option. Retroactive abortion in the form of suicide is common enough that I'd guess plenty of people would say they wish they'd been aborted and spared the pain of this world. I guess I don't understand why anti-abortion activists think this world is so much better than wherever aborted babies go!

Sometimes I picture pro-lifers all pissed that they have to have kids and they're like "if I have to have 'em you all should have to too!" Maybe that extends to "if I have to live in this crappy world so do you un-borns!"

Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Until all the fetal alcohol syndrome babies, crack babies, and other sick and mentally/physically abused kids are adopted in to good, wholesome, happy pro-life families, pro-life zealotism is phony, disingenuous feel-good lip service.
Put your money where your mouth is, or find a new obsession
Ignorant post. Why are there any of these babies in existence since abortion is legal? Using your logic, one would assume that abortion is actually illegal and you're fighting to make it legal by using "crack babies" etc. as your exhibit. Newsflash.....abortion is legal and therefore your attempt to place the burden of making it illegal on "happy pro-life families" is not only disingenuous, it's just downright stupid on your part. Congratulations. Sadly, there are other ignorant people on this forum who actually agree with you. That's how truly stupid it gets.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
That's disgusting way to think.
Yet it is the truth. And it is disgusting.
Love the fetus, hate the child.

Quote:
When are republicans going to stop lying about everything.
It's against your catholic commandments, isn't it?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
When I look at the number of abortions performed since Roe v. Wade, I see it as 55 million lives saved.

Although I did want to mention the best argument against abortion I've ever heard had to do with the idea of declassifying certain groups as non-human in order to justify murdering them (or mistreating them, or buying & selling them) and that it is only a matter of time before government defines ME & YOU as non-human... Much more convincing argument than trying to explain why the world really needs 55 million additional people right now. I also have wondered how fetus defenders would feel if indeed these 55 million babies had been forced into this pitiful world and half decided as adults that they would have rather been aborted, that they would have chosen "death" over life if they'd been given that option. Retroactive abortion in the form of suicide is common enough that I'd guess plenty of people would say they wish they'd been aborted and spared the pain of this world. I guess I don't understand why anti-abortion activists think this world is so much better than wherever aborted babies go!

Sometimes I picture pro-lifers all pissed that they have to have kids and they're like "if I have to have 'em you all should have to too!" Maybe that extends to "if I have to live in this crappy world so do you un-borns!"
That's something I have often wondered, specifically of religious pro-lifers......since they believe those fetuses go straight to heaven into the arms of their loving "God".

Straight to the promised land without having to suffer this "hell on earth". Sounds pretty good to me, if that is what you truly believe.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Good wholesome pro-life nu Xtians selfishly and irresponsibly "go forth and multiply" like its a contest with octo-mom or the duggers . . . no concern over the strain or non-sustainability effect this chronic hyper-overbreeding has on our planet. "Pro Life" to me means a lot more than forcing women to have babies. How about the life of the earth and the animal species we are killing off for our McMansions and WALMARTS ? That is life, too, even if you are too selfish to acknowledge it and understand the ramifications that unrestrained feral cat style breeding by humans has on the other life forces that surround us.
Sounds like you want people to move over and leave the planet to the animals. LOL

Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Well that's just disgusting.

Where is the sex education and the freely available contraception and the morning after pill? Don't people know that having sex carries the risk of pregnancy?

What are you teaching your teenagers about safe sex?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM

860 posts, read 2,205,207 times
Did we really need those 55 million to add to the 7 billion and growing already on this planet? What's next, coming up with some other number to account for the trillions of sperm that are lost due to masturbation? Oh all those little spermies that could have fertilized an egg to become a human one day, lost to guys who could not resist rubbing one out while flipping through Playboy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies