Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you don't want to get pregnant, then you take the proper precautions. If that means condoms and birth control and the pull-out method combined, so be it. Either that, or take care of the offspring that you produced. Not wanting a child is no excuse to have an abortion when in fact there are ways to prevent pregnancy in the first place.
Of course not wanting a child is an excuse to have an abortion. Why not? Because you say so and think it's "no fair"? Sorry Charlie, we know how to prevent it, and we know what to do if the prevention doesn't work. All of which is done outside the scope of YOU. True, there are lot's of ways to prevent pregnancy much of the time, and trust that nobody is actually using abortion as their primary bc as it's hard on the body, comes with some risk, and is no fun. But even though women and men know about these methods there are still tons of unwanted pregnancies, and this isn't just something you can place on the woman. Men have much control of this stuff too but only women bear the burden of pregnancy and childbirth. Fortunately, nobody has to go through with an unwanted pregnancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Well, let's put it this way. Would you like to give up your life? Was it/is it worth living? Most people would say yes. The end doesn't justify the means. Saying that an aborted baby would be better off? Good grief.
best,
toodie
It's not your call.
You now determine how people feel?
That's a bit on the arrogant side, donchathink!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What do you mean "if I were to get pregnant?" You don't know how to take the proper precautions? Further, if you know that you don't want to "put my body through pregnancy," then wouldn't that mean that you're a very irresponsible person for getting pregnant in the first place?

To me, this is the crux of the argument. The absolute easiest thing to do is NOT get pregnant, but yet 28,000 abortions occur every single month! Personal responsibility on the front end is non-existent apparently......and abortion is the crutch. Just awesome!
My aunt got pregnant after having a tubal. Yes, she was sterilized and still got pregnant. My Mother got pregnant with me while using birth control pills and condoms. I have never in my life had unprotected or unsafe sex but I do know it's ALWAYS a possibility, no matter how many precautions you take. You may not see abortion as a last resort choice, but I do. Please, feel free not to have an abortion, but do NOT tell me what I can and cannot do with my body.

I would be taking personal responsibility by getting an abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you having so called "safe" sex? If not then get ready for an abortion. "I will not put my body through a pregnancy" is the biggest reason for abortions, not the mother's health will be harmed or even the fetus. Yes, pregnancy will change your body, that's just life.
Always. I have never NOT had unsafe sex. Pregnancy would change my body, and I don't want children period. I will get a tubal as soon as I can, but I haven't yet found a doctor that is willing to perform one on a woman as young as I am.

Even so, my aunt still got pregnant after being sterilized. Have you ever had sex without the sole purpose of getting pregnant? Ever?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I wonder if Republicans will ever stop trying to control a woman's uterus?
I wonder I'd dems every try to stop a genocide

Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not your call.
You now determine how people feel?
That's a bit on the arrogant side, donchathink!
Yet in every abortion there is a determination that a innocent is denied the right to live. That's arrogant of pro abortionist to say the last 55 million wanted their life denied. You are aborting girls who are not given the right to choose what they do with their bodies

Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Always. I have never NOT had unsafe sex. Pregnancy would change my body, and I don't want children period. I will get a tubal as soon as I can, but I haven't yet found a doctor that is willing to perform one on a woman as young as I am.
Sorry, but this is so puzzling to me. I've followed your posts for a couple of years, and you seem to be an intelligent and accomplished young woman. Why in the world would you not want to have a child? Try thinking of what the world needs (hint: good babies with good genes), instead of what you need. (That sounds kind of weird; sorry; what I mean is, give some thought to how the world depends on what you decide to do. I guess.)

Duty calls. Or am I way off base?

I just can't help thinking of my kids and grandkids. They are such beautiful souls, and they make the world a more beautiful place. They have redeemed me. You could produce some lovely people for the world's benefit. Seriously, haven't you ever thought of it that way?

I mean, we men run around looking for places to explode and ways to make our mark. Women though are of the earth. They hold the keys to the future. They can make it a better one. Say yes yes yes to hope and love and possibilities. Say no to being overcome by hassles and fears...

After all, before you know it, that problem has become a shortstop. Or a dancer. Or a City-Data Poster. KnowwhatImean?

Last edited by Yeledaf; 01-25-2013 at 04:47 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I wonder I'd dems every try to stop a genocide
If I can translate that into English, I think the question was: I wonder if Dems ever tried to stop a genocide?
Bosnia

Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Is a fetus a person? In a lawsuit in Colorado, a Catholic Hospital is arguing, no, it is not and won the case.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
It has to be human to be a holocaust. Since a zygote is not human but a bunch of cells its not a holocaust. Nope you lose.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You do know there are times of the month that you won't have much of a chance to get pregnant? Look into Natural Family Planning. You can google it if you are interested. NFP would be especially important for you since abortion is against your morals.
You know, I hear you can't get pregnant on Tuesdays between the hours of 11a-6p.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies