Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Old catholic joke:

What do you call people who use the rhythm method? Parents.

You can get pregnant at any time of the month.
Can, but not likely. Study up on NFP. You might actually learn that abortion is not the only option to not having a baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Hey i'm not a crappy person.
All people are crappy. The bible tells me so

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
We're not talking about rape. We're talking about responsible sex. A condom breaking and the pull-out method not working are still forms of irresponsible sex.
People everywhere have irresponsible sex, and they are none of my business. I'm not gonna say "hey you can't have an abortion because i don't think its right." It's her choice, not mine.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Who says they would have to suffer hell on earth? I don't get some people. They see the world as a crappy place to live and they have nothing wrong with them. Sad really.
Is there any type of life on this earth that can even begin to compare to the bliss of being in heaven with your loving "God"?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can, but not likely. Study up on NFP. You might actually learn that abortion is not the only option to not having a baby.
I would actually be really interested in learning more about natural family planning because I don't want to be on birth control pills for decades. My husband is open to having a vasectomy but I'd want to be absolutely certain that's what we want to do before he goes ahead so NFP might be useful to fill in the gap between me going off the pill and him getting the operation. If I got pregnant I'd be thrilled (but terrified!) so it wouldn't be the end of the world or anything. It's just at this point I feel more called to adopt than reproduce if I become a parent at all.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Default Anti Abortion people, Riddle me this...

If you are against abortion are you also against social programs? Do you think it's a bad idea to have a kid without the father around? If so, how do you explain your reasoning?

Poverty sucks. The social class you are born into determines the school quality you get and the safety of your neighborhood, so if someone is poor why would you want them to have more kids (or any)?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you having so called "safe" sex? If not then get ready for an abortion. "I will not put my body through a pregnancy" is the biggest reason for abortions, not the mother's health will be harmed or even the fetus. Yes, pregnancy will change your body, that's just life.
Ummm, no, that is NOT just life. Women now have choices in life. Women no longer have to live like they did in the "good old days".

"Changes?".....why don't you spell them all out in detail? Too gruesome?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Until all the fetal alcohol syndrome babies, crack babies, and other sick and mentally/physically abused kids are adopted in to good, wholesome, happy pro-life families, pro-life zealotism is phony, disingenuous feel-good lip service.
Put your money where your mouth is, or find a new obsession

If this is the kind of offspring that American women would have produced in total, then you've just described a state of moral decay in this country as at its lowest.

There could have been plenty of healthy happy babies that could have been adopted. Your statement is a typical excuse heard over and over, and it's really old news, and quite frankly pretty lame.

Abortion was never intended to be used as a birth control method.

best,
toodie

Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I would not personally have an abortion but yes I think it can be more merciful to spare someone the agonies of this world full of people - largely because I can't fathom that aborted babies go to any worse a place once aborted. Do you think they go somewhere worse than this world? I'm honestly asking. I actually have a somewhat open mind on the subject as you may have picked up on from my first post in the thread.

Well, let's put it this way. Would you like to give up your life? Was it/is it worth living? Most people would say yes. The end doesn't justify the means. Saying that an aborted baby would be better off? Good grief.
best,
toodie

Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If you are against abortion are you also against social programs? Do you think it's a bad idea to have a kid without the father around? If so, how do you explain your reasoning?

Poverty sucks. The social class you are born into determines the school quality you get and the safety of your neighborhood, so if someone is poor why would you want them to have more kids (or any)?
The same people that want to deny abortions, seem to not want the social programs that support poor families and single Moms, 55 million more plus their children would surely impact social welfare programs by a large amount. More kids mean more young adults seekiing affordable education, then jobs and homes. We already have major problems as it is, we should not be thinking of adding to it, just look at India and their astounding 1 billion people and Chinas over 1 billion. All forms of birth control and abortion too are a womans business with "her" body and her body alone. I as a man surely would not want someone telling me what I can do with my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies