Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not at all. Here's the SECOND AMENDMENT:

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see anything about individual gun owners. I DO see an amendment about regulated militias, and about how militias are vital to the security of a free state, and need guns.
"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In other words, a gun owner shooting a criminal intending to do him/his family harm is in fact protected by the 2nd Amendment allowing people to keep and bear arms...and through State laws that give people legal rights to defend themselves with those arms.

What part of that do you not understand? Should I even ask?

(I'm a bit skittish of liberal logic these days. I don't like being nauseated)

Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
LaPierre is funded by the gun manufacturers. The majority of NRA owners don't even agree with the NRA's stand on not supporting universal background checks. If he was representing gun owners he would lobby according to their principles, but he is not. He is lobbying for the gun manufacturers.
A lobbyist is a lobbyist. There's no flavors of good lobbyists vs bad or are you trying to say that Gifford's super PAC is a good lobby ?

Lobbyists are jobs. Someone pays them and they dance to that agenda.
Giffords runs her super-PAC just like LaPierre runs his NRA lobbying group.

I see no difference. Both have backers with $$$ that are pushing agendas.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It was going fine until you and your buddies chimed in with your fake outrage. What a shock.
I'm not the one who's classless & tasteless.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Whether you support or oppose gun-control the way you people talk about Gabby is pretty sh*tty. You can espouse a political opinion without being a d*ckhead which some of you have a little difficulty comprehending.
I prefer to be a ****head. Gabby Giffords' opinion is no more important than mine or yours. But that sure didn't stop your side from trotting her out like circus clown seeking political gain did it?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Gabby Giffords is a victim of gun violence--it's completely changed her life and she may never fully recover--but she's just supposed to "put up and shut up," right? If anyone has the right to speak out on this issue, she's earned it. The rest of you are completely full of crap.

You know--the mean, just NASTINESS that you people spout is hurting your cause more than anything else. You're turning off CONSERVATIVES with common sense--it's getting to the point where sane people won't come near some factions of the R party, and the party as a whole is branded as a bunch of meanspirited nuts. Do you get that? If you don't care, that's great, but don't whine when you keep losing elections.
^^^This!

I'd rep you a million times if I could. This painful truth is something the Repubs refuse to admit.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm not the one who's classless & tasteless.
Coming from you that must mean I'm spot on.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Coming from you that must mean I'm spot on.
Thank god you peckerwoods keep losing elections.

Enjoy your self-deemed victories in city-data world...which FYI...doesn't mean sh*t.

Thats another thing you and the Chiefs have in common....perpetual losing and perpetual nastiness.
I'm noticing a theme.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If anything, Blabby Giffords should be an advocate of the healthcare system that treated her injury and recovery. I think she went to the wrong hearing.
Seriously? "Blabby Giffords"??? Do you point at Down's Syndrome kids on the street and called them "retards" too? What kind of soul-less neanderthal thinks it's ever okay to call a victim names?

Who raised you to be an adult? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Go kick a puppy, it's just as noble as what you're doing.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Thank god you peckerwoods keep losing elections.

Enjoy your self-deemed victories in city-data world...which FYI...doesn't mean sh*t.

Thats another thing you and the Chiefs have in common....perpetual losing and perpetual nastiness.
I'm noticing a theme.
Haha. Ah, don't mind them. Like I said, they're classless & tasteless. To take a tragedy like this & turn it into something ugly is truly only what a sorry sort of being would do.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
LaPierre is funded by the gun manufacturers. The majority of NRA owners don't even agree with the NRA's stand on not supporting universal background checks. If he was representing gun owners he would lobby according to their principles, but he is not. He is lobbying for the gun manufacturers.

Daily Kos: 74% of NRA Members support the Universal Background Check
So you are quite informed about the NRA and who funds it.

How's about Gifford's super-PAC ? Are you just as informed ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies