Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't hate the woman, I just don't buy the current push by Democrats to use her and her being shot as a political token in order to push gun control. Let's be honest here, she was shot with a handgun and they're using her as a physical example of how big bad evil rifles kill women and children. It's pathetic to see her used as a pawn.
Well, those comments were about her personally. They called he 'retard', 'braindead', 'bumbling idiot', 'someone trying to play the retard card' etc, etc..... It was ugly.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She's not speaking as a victim, but as the head of a super pac with a political agenda out to go up against the NRA.
If that is not more biased then I don't know what is.
I think a bullet through the brain is justification for a little bias, and gives one a good perspective in re having a total stranger target you in a crowd. When the NRA has a lobbyist who has also had a bullet through his/her brain, then and only then might they be considered equal. NRA is lobbying for gun manufacturers and doing it for MONEY. As a matter of fact, has LaPierre ever had to use a gun to save his life from someone trying to shoot and kill him?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
no honest mistake at all. you did it
Whatever. I just put it back. It is twitter, so it is public information.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The big lobbies, financial investment, real estate, energy are the lobbies we should be worried about, not the minor not-for-profits.
Lobbyists are not the issue right now, parading out victims to force a vote driven purely by emotional reasons, that is the issue. We will always have lobbyists, just about anyone visiting their congressman is a lobbyist of sorts.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't hate the woman, I just don't buy the current push by Democrats to use her and her being shot as a political token in order to push gun control. Let's be honest here, she was shot with a handgun and they're using her as a physical example of how big bad evil rifles kill women and children. It's pathetic to see her used as a pawn.
I am disgusted by the Democrats use of children and Gabby Giffords in this ridiculous attempt to destroy the 2nd Amendment, in defiance of ALL evidence that the gun bans and more gun control laws only lead to MORE illegal guns in the hands of criminals and a defenseless public.

Sure, everyone feels bad that Gabby got shot in the head by a lunatic. But I'm sorry, and I can be a very empathetic person, but I had couldn't hold back a giggle as I watched the poor lady struggle to read the words her therapist wrote for her. It almost seemed like an SNL skit.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think they have all learned their lessons well.

Can anyone forget the disgusting performance by Rush Limbaugh after Michael J. Fox spoke out in favor of stem cell research?

I'm sure Daddy Rush would be proud of what has been posted here. Very, very proud.

"Soul-less" is a perfect word for it.
I'm thinking "Daddy Rush" is the sociopath or psychopath. At the very least he seems to be sadistic.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:13 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever. I just put it back. It is twitter, so it is public information.
That is the most annoying .gif I have ever seen .......downright creepy.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I had couldn't hold back a giggle as I watched the poor lady struggle to read the words her therapist wrote for her. It almost seemed like an SNL skit.
Really................

Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Reminds me a lot of how lefttards talked about Sarah's baby.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,947,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
You don't think she might have a useful POV about gun control at all?
Isn't it truly amazing how gun-fondlers can't see the most obvious things in the world? It's like a willful blind spot. Makes me wonder if they're any good at the target range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies