Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yes, I agree on the corruption part. A woman was shot in the head, lost one half of her faculties, can't walk or talk like a normal, and the NRA is a proud standing lobbyist organization that should be kicked right the heck out of DC. Then making fun or light of a person who is now permanently damaged for a lifetime.

You people make me absolutely sick, playing this garbage of Gabby and her sympathy ploy, absolutely sick. You are the one's {starting this rhetoric and continuing it} that are mentally ill. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You make me want to throw up.
Absolutely damn right.

Think about it: In January 2011 this poor woman wants to connect with her constituents (unlike SO many other members of congress who won't even give you the time of day unless you're a paid contributor) so she sets up "Congress on your Corner" in Tucson which is a casual forum to interact with absolutely anybody who wants to talk to their representative whether they voted for her or not.

What does she get for being a concerned representative? She gets shot in the head, is forced to give up her seat, goes through slow/painful recovery, gets skewered by the NRA and right-wing media, and then gets mocked by people here who think she is out of line for speaking up against the very gun violence that ruined her life as if she doesn't know what she's talking about. The gall of some of you is staggering! There is pure evil represented on this board. Pure evil. Shame on you. Shame!

Last edited by logline; 02-01-2013 at 03:43 AM..

Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Gabby Gifford is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Watching the Gabby Gifford testimony I thought of John Travolta pushing in his client in a wheel chair and wiping the drool from his chin in fained disgust in the movie A Civil Action. LOL You don't trot out people like Mrs. Gifford unless you are going for the sympathy ploy.
Only clueless Regressives would look at this as a "ploy."

What Gabby Gifford stands for is greater than the entire republican ideology.

She stands on the superior side.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yes, I agree on the corruption part. A woman was shot in the head, lost one half of her faculties, can't walk or talk like a normal, and the NRA is a proud standing lobbyist organization that should be kicked right the heck out of DC. Then making fun or light of a person who is now permanently damaged for a lifetime.

You people make me absolutely sick, playing this garbage of Gabby and her sympathy ploy, absolutely sick. You are the one's {starting this rhetoric and continuing it} that are mentally ill. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You make me want to throw up.
These are the same knuckleheads that never understood why Ted Kennedy favored tougher gun laws.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
These are the same knuckleheads that never understood why Ted Kennedy favored tougher gun laws.
He was also a champion for "women's rights".

Once you murder a woman by drunk driving then fleeing the scene, you have zero credibility to anyone but lefties.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Absolutely damn right.

Think about it: In January 2011 this poor woman wants to connect with her constituents (unlike SO many other members of congress who won't even give you the time of day unless you're a paid contributor) so she sets up "Congress on your Corner" in Tucson which is a casual forum to interact with absolutely anybody who wants to talk to their representative whether they voted for her or not.

What does she get for being a concerned representative? She gets shot in the head, is forced to give up her seat, goes through slow/painful recovery, gets skewered by the NRA and right-wing media, and then gets mocked by people here who think she is out of line for speaking up against the very gun violence that ruined her life as if she doesn't know what she's talking about. The gall of some of you is staggering! There is pure evil represented on this board. Pure evil. Shame on you. Shame!
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Reminds me a lot of how lefttards talked about Sarah's baby.
Got links for comparison?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I am disgusted by the Democrats use of children and Gabby Giffords in this ridiculous attempt to destroy the 2nd Amendment, in defiance of ALL evidence that the gun bans and more gun control laws only lead to MORE illegal guns in the hands of criminals and a defenseless public.

Sure, everyone feels bad that Gabby got shot in the head by a lunatic. But I'm sorry, and I can be a very empathetic person, but I had couldn't hold back a giggle as I watched the poor lady struggle to read the words her therapist wrote for her. It almost seemed like an SNL skit.
WTFFFF?

This is the level of maturity we are dealing with here. Vile.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 AM

Here is some more commentary from the Twittering RW nuts. So classy.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Yhis is not gun saftey legislation This is gun banning.
Please! The NRA's darling, LaPierre, (a) won't even entertain the idea that guns have any part in shootings and (b) won't support background checks on gun owners, but wants a database kept of those with mental illness. Did you read that? He won't even support a flippin' background check!! Part of this legislation includes background checks and you guys won't compromise one inch on it.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Please! The NRA's darling, LaPierre, (a) won't even entertain the idea that guns have any part in shootings and (b) won't support background checks on gun owners, but wants a database kept of those with mental illness. Did you read that? He won't even support a flippin' background check!! Part of this legislation includes background checks and you guys won't compromise one inch on it.
The backgroud checkes is the only gun control measure I support, and I am not the only gun owner who supports it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies