Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times

Advertisements

The Democrats' shameless politicizing of the Newtown tragedy- and Gabby Giffords' pandering for the "feel sorry for because me I'm a victim" vote -is so tasteless and offensive that I guess I'm not surprised the liberal media gives them a free pass on it.

But if this were done by the Republicans, well, you know the headlines drill- "Cold, heartless Republicans exploit tragedy for their own benefit..."

Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

But if this were done by the Republicans, well, you know the headlines drill- "Cold, heartless Republicans exploit tragedy for their own benefit..."
The republicans never would, they love their guns. They are however using this to their advantage to get out their progun agenda. The NRA are peeing in their pants at how much money is coming in because all the paranoids are upping their gun intake. Hey, a murder of a child is a great thing to use to show how more guns are needed. Too bad the republican brain is just so...dumb.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think everyone serves in the military in Israel because they are a very small country population
wise surrounded by countries that despise them.
There is no reason to compare the US to Israel - our demographics are totally different.
So is our Constitution

Frankly, if your citizens don't want to voluntarily fight, I'd question the war...
Yes, true. But the reason I mentioned it at all, is because the NRA constantly mentions Israel as a country free of gun control, when in fact, they have the sort of rigorous gun control that would make NRA supporters have soiled diapers.

In fact, recently, Yigar Palmor, spokesperson for the Israeli Foreign Ministry practically told the NRA to stop lying. lol In a more elegant way, of course.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Watching the Gabby Gifford testimony I thought of John Travolta pushing in his client in a wheel chair and wiping the drool from his chin in fained disgust in the movie A Civil Action. LOL You don't trot out people like Mrs. Gifford unless you are going for the sympathy ploy.
Yah. What does she know about gun violence anyways?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not you are off topic which is to be expected. When not name calling you insult a sports team. I bet you were tough to debate on the playground in third grade. Too bad you never grew up.
THE CHIEFS ARE TERRIBLE BUT DON'T INSULT THEM BY TYING THIS MOPE TO THEM.

Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
If you could read your would notice that I just said that I am not a fan of Gabby anyway...and I'm very much against gun control........However she is entitled to her opinion about the matter and her experience as a former congresswoman puts her in a unique position. Just as a survived abortion at a pro-life rally has a unique perspective on abortion issues.

And by the way....The Chiefs suck.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
The republicans never would, they love their guns. They are however using this to their advantage to get out their progun agenda. The NRA are peeing in their pants at how much money is coming in because all the paranoids are upping their gun intake. Hey, a murder of a child is a great thing to use to show how more guns are needed. Too bad the republican brain is just so...dumb.
What's a "gun lover"? I own a gun as has my family for generations but we don't "love" guns.

Most conservatives I know support the Second Amendment and Americans' right to bear arms, not the NRA. These are two different things which the Dummycrats can't understand.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,461,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Watching the Gabby Gifford testimony I thought of John Travolta pushing in his client in a wheel chair and wiping the drool from his chin in fained disgust in the movie A Civil Action. LOL You don't trot out people like Mrs. Gifford unless you are going for the sympathy ploy.
Geez, so now the only folks allowed to talk about guns are the ones who haven't been shot yet...?!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:32 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Dumb?

Dumb, is the sheeple of libs who are lead around by the nose, by politicians setting the agenda, and are too dumb to see the real problems behind gun violence.

How many of the people over the past few years who went on these mass shootings, were mentally unbalanced? How about all of them. And government thinks banning 150 types of guns, limiting magazines, and a national gun registry will bring this to an end?

Dumb, is a lib who thinks sociopaths will choose not to kill people just because government is limiting the selection of guns and magazines they can choose from.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
This is the most idiotic thing I've read all month. I can't even fathom how many brain cells had to be lost to come to a conclusion like this.
Obviously you do not know that she is head of a super-PAC and is now a DC lobbyist.
$1 million donation from an Obama mega donor to set up her super-PAC and he's the Treasurer.
All happened right after the Newtown shooting. Her super-PAC got formed 1/10/2013.

Just follow the money.

2 lobbyists going head to head in Congress. That's what it was.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Geez, so now the only folks allowed to talk about guns are the ones who haven't been shot yet...?!
They are too close to the issue to offer any objective advice for national policy on the writing of laws. But then, that is exactly what the dems are doing, using emotionally distraught people to inflame an already emotionally charged issue. Justice is not readily served or decided upon, when the judge and jury are carrying torches, pitchforks and rope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies