Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:35 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
White supremacy? How convenient for you to ignore all the "brown" supremacy in this forum. There is no white supremacy involved in wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. There is no white supremacy involved in not wanting our national identity, culture and language lost or diluted by illegal immigration. Put your race card back in your wallet and look in the mirror.
So you are in favor of preferring immigration from European nations, then?

Old 08-01-2013, 07:40 AM

63,028 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You don't think we should've let all those Irish in?
When the bulk of the Irish came we were a wide open frontier in need of nation builders and most came here legally not illegally. Today we have immigration laws and quotas because we are now a nation of over 315 million with shortages of jobs and resources. We still allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and the bulk of them are from Mexico and other Latin American countries . So where is the discrimination against them if that is what you are implying. The objection is to illegal immigration. Got that now?

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-01-2013 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't see it happening anytime soon as immigration from Mexico has started to drop. The group growing is Hispanics and Asian. Many Hispanics look white and are no different from other Americans, and Asians tend to do very well.

I don't see it as a huge problem.
No, it hasn't dropped. Since Obama has promised amnesty for sure this time around and a a bill got through the Senate recently illegal immigration from south of our border has increased. Once again, who cares about skin color or race? My concern is for our identifying culture and not losing it via illegal immigration and another stupid amnesty.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When the bulk of the Irish came we were a wide open frontier in need of nation builders. Not so today and that is why we have immigration laws and quotas. We still allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and the bulk of them are from Mexico and other Latin American countries. So where is the discrimination against them if that is what you are implying. The objection is to illegal immigration. Got that now?
Problem for you is 75%-90% of even legal white immigration from all of Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand are potential new Democrats when they become citizens, considering that the conservative parties in their respective countries are almost always to the left of the GOP on just about everything

Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezkiln View Post
There is nothing "natural" about borders in the first place so I don't know what you're harping on about. As for culture, you either adapt or you get left behind. Deal with it.
Borders aren't natural? Tell that to all the governments of the world then. No, I will not adapt to a changing culture via illegal immigration nor should any country's citizens. It is not natural nor lawful. Bet you wouldn't say that to the Mexicans in Mexico to just deal with it from a massive influx of illegal Chinese thereby changing their country to an Asian one rather than a Hispanic one, would you hypocrite?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I know that Hispanics are WHITE people that came from Spain! I don't need some xenophobic person telling me how my culture is! lol. And so now there were no native americans? Omg, what crack are you smoking, put down the crack pipe and read a history book. Yes the native americans migrated here, but they were here FIRST.

Wow, anti american, ethnocentric? You know, I don't think that I come off that way, but I do, it is only because I have to DEFEND myself against white supremacists such as yourself who fear change and want nothing more to do than to instill fear in others because you fear change and think that your race is so much better than mine, I mean after all, can't let anyone else get a leg up can we? I knew you were going to say something about the language thing which is why I put what I did, I don't care if it's rude, you are talking about my posts, isn't there something that is called the first amendment that protects my right as an American for me to say what I want within reason? And just so you know, I actually get paid a pretty good salary to speak Spanish all day, thanks.

As for why the spanish came over here, you should know this, they came for glory, power, honor and conquest, not because they were ran out of their country because they couldn't hack it. I never said that people from those countries were country bumpkins, but any of the puritans and religious zealots that ran away and criminals that were exiled from those countries are. Say what you want, but your posts sound just the same, anti hispanic, xenophobic and fearful.
None of that stuff would work in 2013.

Too; NO LatAm country has it together in 2013. 1 HUGE problem with the US are the mostly "Hispanic" ILLEGAL aliens here.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I would pose this question:
What will America look like when Whites are the Minority? What changes would you expect to see given the fact that a very large portion of the National infrastructure, busniess , Military, Industry, is dominated by Whites ?
The US would be like LatAm: the "white" people would really be on top with mostly dark skin people being on the bottom.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You don't think we should've let all those Irish in?
Please DON'T go there. Most of us "Irish" people came here LEGALLY. Too; we were treated real bad till WE stepped up and stopped being drunkards and brawlers. Sheesh!

Old 08-01-2013, 08:35 AM

313 posts, read 329,978 times
If the Hispanics don't get their heads together this country will be flushed down the toilet.

Hispanic run cities are not too bad, San Antonio, El Paso, Albuquerque various California and Texas cities etc.

The thing is they are not good enough, too many Hispanics work low waged jobs because they don't have the proper education that Whites have.

When important fields need to be filled those jobs will be outsourced to other countries. Making those countries stronger.

America can't run on low tax based minimum waged jobs. It's going to turn into what the Mexicans are fleeing from..MEXICO...

Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
If the Hispanics don't get their heads together this country will be flushed down the toilet.

Hispanic run cities are not too bad, San Antonio, El Paso, Albuquerque various California and Texas cities etc.

The thing is they are not good enough, too many Hispanics work low waged jobs because they don't have the proper education that Whites have.

When important fields need to be filled those jobs will be outsourced to other countries. Making those countries stronger.

America can't run on low tax based minimum waged jobs. It's going to turn into what the Mexicans are fleeing from..MEXICO...
Yet that is exactly what the right-wing want. They say we can't afford to have high paying jobs because that is "uncompetitive" to the rest of the world causing the offshoring of our jobs. It's called the race to the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies