Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't just right-wingers living in fear. You have some independents living in fear as well. And everything I had to say wasn't even about Left-wing vs right-wing. This was about power and control.
Yup. You're right. But by and large, independents are not liberal. At least that's been my experience. Yours too?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Okay, let's assume you are correct, and there's multiculturalism on one end of the spectrum, and national identity on the other. Could you describe that cultural identity you are fighting tooth and nail to protect? Give me some examples of what you're desperately trying to hang on to.
I am thinking the same question.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Yup. You're right. But by and large, independents are not liberal. At least that's been my experience. Yours too?
I've even seen a liberal on this forum live in fear. It was on another forum of the same title. I'm not here to argue left vs right, liberal vs conservative. I'm just saying there are some people who fear the loss of control and power.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
I've even seen a liberal on this forum live in fear. It was on another forum of the same title. I'm not here to argue left vs right, liberal vs conservative. I'm just saying there are some people who fear the loss of control and power.
green, the problem is that it is left vs. right/liberal vs. conservative, no matter how hard you might try to make it not seem so. The ideologies are very cut-and-dried. That wasn't always so. My father-in-law (who passed on) was Republican, and a wonderful man. This was a man who was well-to-do but kind. For example, he was never, ever ostentatious, never fired anyone, did a tremendous amount for his employees, and when one of his employees developed heart disease and couldn't work for over a year, he kept him on the payroll all that time. He never had a bad word to say about the poor. Ever. When he became ill, his employees offered to help, brought food to his home, and offered to do free services around the house for him. They wept when he died. No right winger today can measure up to him.

I'm not so much afraid as I'm repulsed by the right wing attitude toward the poor, by the right wing attitude toward women's rights to their bodies, by what right wing ideology has done to further enrich the rich at the expense of impoverishing our economic system, and so much more. I grew up believing that you help the weakest members of society, don't insult and ridicule them, or hurt them, so my attitude toward modern-day right wingers (whose ideology is vicious toward the weaker members of society) is never very good and is unlikely to improve.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
This is how I feel about the situation. Judging by some of the posts on this thread, there are many people who are afraid. Some of the posts border on pure hatred. Maybe it's because I'm used to be out-numbered, but I'm not afraid.

I've mentioned this before. My understanding about this situation is more or less about power and control. Some people are not worried because they aren't worried about "power" and "control". Some people, however, are afraid. I feel like some people are afraid of losing power.

I feel like many issues as far as race is concerned, stem from the love of power and control. Jim Crow laws, voter disenfranchisement, "separate but equal", "restrictive covenants", alot of it does come from racial hatred. However, the part that many people miss is that alot of this has to do with having power and control over others. Those who have power and want to keep it for themselves will find ways to keep it from those in some way,shape or form. During slavery, Black were looked down on, of course. However, they were counted as property, and therefore, seen as valuable. They were not seen as human beings, and Blacks in general were not liked. They were seen as only useful for slave labor. After the end of slavery/Reconstruction, this is when the Jim Crow laws were passed. Racial animosity was one part of this. The other part was about establishing a racial hierarchy. It was about control over others.
And this has what to do with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION? That is neither lawful nor natural. Why would any country in the world embrace a demographic change due to that? It has nothing to do with racism!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And this has what to do with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION? That is neither lawful nor natural. Why would any country in the world embrace a demographic change due to that? It has nothing to do with racism!
I wasn't talking about illegal immigration in this case.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So long as white Hispanics exist, the U.S. will never be a white minority republic.
Most of the Hispanics coming here illegally are only partially white. They are mestizos mostly which means they are also indio. This has nothing to do with race however, it is an objection to a cultural and identity change to our country via illegal immigration which is neither natural nor lawful. Does one really think that Mexicans in Mexico would embrace an illegal invasion by the Chinese for example that changes their country from a Hispanic identity to an Asian one? Of course they wouldn't and rightly so!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
green, the problem is that it is left vs. right/liberal vs. conservative, no matter how hard you might try to make it not seem so. The ideologies are very cut-and-dried. That wasn't always so. My father-in-law (who passed on) was Republican, and a wonderful man. This was a man who was well-to-do but kind. For example, he was never, ever ostentatious, never fired anyone, did a tremendous amount for his employees, and when one of his employees developed heart disease and couldn't work for over a year, he kept him on the payroll all that time. He never had a bad word to say about the poor. Ever. When he became ill, his employees offered to help, brought food to his home, and offered to do free services around the house for him. They wept when he died. No right winger today can measure up to him.

I'm not so much afraid as I'm repulsed by the right wing attitude toward the poor, by the right wing attitude toward women's rights to their bodies, by what right wing ideology has done to further enrich the rich at the expense of impoverishing our economic system, and so much more. I grew up believing that you help the weakest members of society, don't insult and ridicule them, or hurt them, so my attitude toward modern-day right wingers (whose ideology is vicious toward the weaker members of society) is never very good and is unlikely to improve.
I would understand that many Republicans have a very disturbing attitude towards the poor. And I've met some Republicans similar to your father. The point I was trying to convey, the point that is being lost on many, is that alot of race issues boil down to a thirst for power and control over others.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about illegal immigration in this case.
But that is what is changing the demographics and culture of this country not legal immigrants in diversified quotas.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But that is what is changing the demographics and culture of this country not legal immigrants in diversified quotas.
Illegal immigration has been dropping over the past few years. I'm not saying that illegal immigration isn't going on. The question is what percentage of people who are coming here came illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies