Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Does the fact that you don't mean that nobody does?
Not to mention since when does doing construction work, restaurant work, landscaping, factory work equate to filthy, horrendous conditions? We have always had a large blue collared workforce in our country and it was mostly Americans who did them until the arrival of cheap, illegal foreign workers only to fatten the wallets of the greedy employers. Some people will make up some pretty stupid stuff to defend these lawbreakers.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
In the future when you ask for hot sauce you'll get Tapatio or Sriracha instead of Tabasco. This will be a big change for a lot of Americans...

Luckily I'm already used to all three...
You're clueless if you think something as frivilous as that is the only change we will see.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Well if I recall correctly Italians and other European ethnicities weren't considered white in America before now they've been assimilating into that, I'm thinking the same might try to happen with "Hispanics" I mean Spanish culture is European and except for the brown and proud crowd and those trying to reclaim their indigenous heritage they can probably be assimilated into being white, I mean the census had that change with not putting Hispanic or Latino as a race and most of them put that they were Hispanic whites so it could happen concievably

I hardly see white people being outnumbered in the Unites States as a big deal though, then again I grew up in LA where they are outnumbered so it just be more of what I'm used to nationwide
Yeah, it's going to be great having a majority group here that is so ethnocentric and racist that they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and those would be the Mestizo Mexicans and other Latinos south of our border. When did the Italians and other European groups here ever advocate for that? When did they demand that everything be in their native languages for them and have an adversity towards learning and speaking the English language?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Bilingual teachers.
That isn't the only job that requires Spanish these days. Most government jobs do and many businesses do also. Someone on my ignore list is in deep denial.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're clueless if you think something as frivilous as that is the only change we will see.
Sorry, that was what was known as a "joke"...

It's a concept occasionally used on here, perhaps you'd like a tutorial?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Bilingual teachers.
Lol

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Does the fact that you don't mean that nobody does?
Really? Whom do you know that applies to sharecropper and underpaid jobs in unsupervised factories? I know no one.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Is preferential treatment for minorities in hiring legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in education legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in government contracts legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in small business loans legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for white men legal in any situation whatsoever? No

Has this situation been the case for decades? Yes

Sorry but the white privilege stuff is kind of old school. It isn't 1963 anymore.
My nephews studied in part thanks to a scholarship provided for Latins - by a very profitable Latin company started by Latin immigrants.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, it's going to be great having a majority group here that is so ethnocentric and racist that they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and those would be the Mestizo Mexicans and other Latinos south of our border. When did the Italians and other European groups here ever advocate for that? When did they demand that everything be in their native languages for them and have an adversity towards learning and speaking the English language?
As somebody who grew up going to schools in which the majority was "Hispanic" 85% Elementary, 88% Middle School, about 60% High School I don't know where you're getting this generalization from, I haven't seen any adversity towards learning English, as for Spanish materials well that just makes it easier when the parents don't speak the language well. Also I find it hypocritical when Americans talk about illegal immigration looking at the history of the United States which was built on illegal immigration, and then some of these people have the gull to go up to an Apache or a Navajo and accuse them of being here "illegally" because they look Mexican and immigration going around killing US citizens of Mexican descent because of the way they look just because illegal immigrants from Mexico have been used as a scapegoat for the problems that are caused by the politicians and the rich.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:
Is preferential treatment for minorities in hiring legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in education legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in government contracts legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in small business loans legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for white men legal in any situation whatsoever? No

Has this situation been the case for decades? Yes

Sorry but the white privilege stuff is kind of old school. It isn't 1963 anymore.
*Sigh*

Explaining White Privilege to the Deniers and the Haters | Tim Wise | Blog Post | Red Room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies