Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:54 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
You know what if the stupid Ilegals would get out of this country we won't have that problem.every Hispanic country has such strict laws on Americans coming over but Mexicans over here no problem. Give me a break!
Really! Which Latin countries have limits such as those you spew about?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
"Sigh"? Before you take that "do I really have to explain this yet again to some ignorant person?" attitude, you should make sure you are actually being relevant.

I never claimed that white privilege doesn't exist. What I asserted was that using it to guilt trip white people is no longer relevant in the 21st century because we are already addressing the issue.

We offer formal aid to minority groups to help them get a leg up, so the person I was responding to saying that white men are going to have to face up to some competition for a change and get used to not having their white privilege in the context of competing for illegal immigrant type jobs is pathetic.

Society is actively working to eliminate privilege and the person being discussed, someone whose job is threatened by illegal immigration - ie, the lowest of the lower class, isn't exactly getting a lot of bang for the buck out of his light skin.
"Already addressing the issue" does not cut it, America has been "addressing the issue" since minorities nominally were recognized as citizens it never made white privilege any less relevant, fact is it still very much pervades this society and although strides have been made it is still relevant and still worth talking about. This is not about guilt tripping white people, it's about facts it's about trying to make positive change.

And throwing some money at a few organizations does not denote "actively working to eliminate privilege" white or otherwise. Furthermore it's not about light skin with "illegal immigration" it's about immigration status, it's about "illegal immigrants" working for less to catch a break, not about skin color, plenty of "illegal immigrants" have light skin, plenty are of mostly or pure European blood.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Btw,this is stupid.

Mexicans are white,sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

If it does happen,I see chaos.

Blacks against whites,whites against hispanics,Asians against blacks,Asians against whites,etc....

Its not really looking bright for blacks either....
In fact much worse than it is for whites,because everyone respects whites,esp Asians.
No one really respects blacks.
No, most Mexicans are mestizos, there are also white people, black people, Indios, and other mixed people

Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 AM

281 posts, read 750,769 times
Default Most Mexicans are Indians and Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Another uninformed person.

A majority of hispanics are white.
No the typical Mexican is a comes from an Indian background and is brown not white. Here is a typical Mexican Man:

http://vice.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341...2b61970b-450wi

Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
The United States were doing it, have you not heard of the Indian wars? And certain tribes were engaged in warfare prior to 1492 but not the kind of genocide perpetrated by the settlers and not all of them were engaging in warfare, the Panamint Shoshone were peaceful yet we too were genocided and enslaved primarily by the United States in the Gold Rush era.
Does it matter in 2013? NONE of us were alive back then AND Hispanics were real "good" about raping Indian women in what is now Mexico but I DON'T hear the anger against that, it's just directed against the US. Sheesh!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Really! Which Latin countries have limits such as those you spew about?
Mexico has the rep of treating Guatemalan illegal aliens REAL bad but whines when the US deports illegal alien Mexicans.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Between Africans and Asians white people.... Will they truly be needed? Lol

Just joking it will never happen, I'm sure the closer they get to that point the more restrictions will be taken into place.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
"Already addressing the issue" does not cut it, America has been "addressing the issue" since minorities nominally were recognized as citizens it never made white privilege any less relevant, fact is it still very much pervades this society and although strides have been made it is still relevant and still worth talking about. This is not about guilt tripping white people, it's about facts it's about trying to make positive change.

And throwing some money at a few organizations does not denote "actively working to eliminate privilege" white or otherwise. Furthermore it's not about light skin with "illegal immigration" it's about immigration status, it's about "illegal immigrants" working for less to catch a break, not about skin color, plenty of "illegal immigrants" have light skin, plenty are of mostly or pure European blood.
Catch and deport ANY illegal alien in the US, not just the "brown" Mexican people.

The "white privilege thing is NO excuse for dark skin people to fail: the MOST successful group of people in the US are BLACK people who came here from Africa as free people. IF THEY can do it; why not other "minorities"? Sheesh!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
No the typical Mexican is a comes from an Indian background and is brown not white. Here is a typical Mexican Man:

http://vice.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341...2b61970b-450wi
Here's a Mexican man.

Anthony Quinn - IMDb

Here's a Mexican woman.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000161/

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Default Blending of races

If the eventual blending of races results in people that look like Jessie Alba, among many others, I support the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies