Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have never noticed that the quality of a person's work correlated with the color of their skin.

The problem with a multi race is it will become a place where having a white skin face will no longer guarantee privilege. That is a big problem for the white supremacists not to mention the anti-feminists.

Get ready white guys. You are getting some competition for a change.
Yep competition for food stamps will be fierce

Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The US has reached a demographic tipping point, with most babies born now belonging to minority groups.
According to the US Census bureau, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed-race births made up 50.4% of new arrivals in the year ending in July 2011.
The official notice foreshadows the day, expected in the 2040s, when non-Hispanic whites - like the group that founded America - will be in the minority.BBC News - What will a white-minority US look like?

So could it mean the Spanish speaking minority would assimilate and would much more commonly use English rather than Spanish? In addition would there soon be a Hispanic president?

Plus would the culture of the US be similiar today as in 50 years time?

PS: No racist comments here please.
This thread reminded me of a cartoon in print from about 150 years ago.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
It is already that way here in Orlando, Florida, the city proper's white population is about 41% while Orange County, FL overall is about 46%

As a white guy living in a major metro area thats less than 50% non Hispanic white, this demographic change doesn't bother me. I live in a suburb on the south side of Orlando called Hunter's Creek, it's more than 50% Hispanic and it was rated as the 21st best place to live in the United States
Best Places to Live 2011 - Top 100: Town details: Hunter's Creek, FL - from MONEY Magazine

If that link doesn't work, google it...

America as a whole will probably look like Metro Orlando does now, which is fine by me.

I generally don't care what race somebody is if they're an immigrant, as long as they are willing to learn english (if they do not know it already?) and work hard and abide by the law, then what's the problem?
Define "immigant" and then we'll talk.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I have never noticed that the quality of a person's work correlated with the color of their skin.

The problem with a multi race is it will become a place where having a white skin face will no longer guarantee privilege. That is a big problem for the white supremacists not to mention the anti-feminists.

It isn't about skin color so put your race card back in your wallet. It is about an unnatural transformation of our country via illegal immigration. Having white skin is no longer a priviledge in this country anyway with AA and jobs requiring Spanish nowadays. Leave it to the lefty liberals to bring up white supremists who are a minority in this country to make their invald points.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Default Illegal immigration

Illegal immigration serves our corporate masters by providing an endless source of frightened underpaid workers to pick their crops and clean the corporate toilets. Don't expect it to be controlled anytime soon. If something is making money for the connected it is effectively untouchable.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM

281 posts, read 750,769 times
Ethnic Diversity is a negative in most communities but it today's politically correct world few people will admit it.

I find it interesting how when someone who is from- lets say Korea- comes on this board and asks what is a great neighborhood for them to move to with LOTS of other Koreans, people will suggest a neighborhood or town with lots of Koreans without batting an eye. It seems to be perfectly alright for someone who is from an ethnic minority today to want to live mostly with "their people." It also find it interesting that people are proud of the fact that their town went from a white majority to a United Nations of colors, creeds, cultures and religions. This assumes that the white people who use to live in that town were bad and they are happy they moved out. And the culture of the community before was terrible. Doesn't that sound racist?

Now that White People are going to be a minority will it be all right for a white man to come on this board and ask about a neighborhood that is full of white people just like the Korean man did before? Is it all right for a now minority group white man to live in a town dominated by white people just like the Korean wanted to be with his people.

In the end all the diversity is just going to balkanize America by race, culture and religion. The Koreans will isolate themselves with other Koreans and people from Mexico will isolate themselves with other Mexicans. I can't see how this works out well. Things just seemed simpler back in the good old days in America where most people spoke English and shared and respected a common culture.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
Ethnic Diversity is a negative in most communities but it today's politically correct world few people will admit it.
Why? Let me see your personal thoughts on the subject.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
It will start to look a lot more like the hood. Blacks ruin their neck of the woods then don't like what they have done to their neighborhood and want to move out to where people have actually taken care of their homes and made it nice only to export their same old crap.

This is what you can expect

Teens In Chicago Start Melee Outside Of Ford City Mall (Breaking Car Windows & Stopping Traffic) - YouTube
Hookah, do you have anything better to do than race bait?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Whites, blacks and other minorities are already having to compete with illegal immigrants for jobs but your'e ok with that? So what's with the "get ready white guys" BS?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Whites, blacks and other minorities are already having to compete with illegal immigrants for jobs but your'e ok with that? So what's with the "get ready white guys" BS?
I have never competed with illegal immigrants for jobs.

1) I've never been a sharecropper
2) I've never done highly underpaid cleaning
3) I've never worked in any filthy, underpaid job at an unsupervised factory.

I'm pretty surprised you should mention that, because I thought perhaps you held jobs better than those which illegal immigrants generally take. Was I right or wrong?

Do you work at (and compete for) jobs at unlivable wages, which involve horrendous living conditions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies