Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Here is a picture of Miami Heat's only white guy. His name is Anderson:

Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
There is no such thing as "white privileged", as I explained in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-white-28.html

This guy is using anecdotal evidence and claiming that a bunch of other nonsense about how being white helped him get a job because of his white connections, despite not being wealthy (which I explained is not white privilege, but generational wealth privilege, despite how he tries to deny it).

Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM

26 posts, read 20,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I have never competed with illegal immigrants for jobs.

1) I've never been a sharecropper
2) I've never done highly underpaid cleaning
3) I've never worked in any filthy, underpaid job at an unsupervised factory.

I'm pretty surprised you should mention that, because I thought perhaps you held jobs better than those which illegal immigrants generally take. Was I right or wrong?

Do you work at (and compete for) jobs at unlivable wages, which involve horrendous living conditions?
How low do you go? I mean what kind of job do you have that you do not have to compete with anyone and say that us WHITE American men have terrible jobs. I am guessing your job is something you get to take lightly because you had rich parents who laid for every bill of yours. Ilegals are taking American jobs illegally for dirt cheap work.the u.s. needs to start by deporting them back to their own worthless country where they could never find a job. The feds really need to start taking advice from the okies.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
How low do you go? I mean what kind of job do you have that you do not have to compete with anyone and say that us WHITE American men have terrible jobs. I am guessing your job is something you get to take lightly because you had rich parents who laid for every bill of yours. Ilegals are taking American jobs illegally for dirt cheap work.the u.s. needs to start by deporting them back to their own worthless country where they could never find a job. The feds really need to start taking advice from the okies.
Oh BS. Employers are hiring them. Why don't you mention them? I'll answer that question for you if you don't.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
My nephews studied in part thanks to a scholarship provided for Latins - by a very profitable Latin company started by Latin immigrants.
Uh; do pasty white Argentines or Spaniards count or just "brown" Indian Hispanics? I ask because a white "Latina" of pure European family from LatAm tried to get into a college here in the US but was tuned down since she wasn't a Mestizo Chicana. No link handy tho.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
As somebody who grew up going to schools in which the majority was "Hispanic" 85% Elementary, 88% Middle School, about 60% High School I don't know where you're getting this generalization from, I haven't seen any adversity towards learning English, as for Spanish materials well that just makes it easier when the parents don't speak the language well. Also I find it hypocritical when Americans talk about illegal immigration looking at the history of the United States which was built on illegal immigration, and then some of these people have the gull to go up to an Apache or a Navajo and accuse them of being here "illegally" because they look Mexican and immigration going around killing US citizens of Mexican descent because of the way they look just because illegal immigrants from Mexico have been used as a scapegoat for the problems that are caused by the politicians and the rich.
Many countries were built on illegal immigration but you need to talk to Spain, England, Portugal and so on because Mexico, the US, and Brazil broke free and became their own countries. Too; if the white man REALLY wanted to do things "Indian" way back in the day, there'd be NO Indians in 2013. Many Indian tribes fought over land, water, and so on and the losers were killed except maybe the young women and kids were left living like when stronger tribes defeated weaker tribes before 1492.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; do pasty white Argentines or Spaniards count or just "brown" Indian Hispanics? I ask because a white "Latina" of pure European family from LatAm tried to get into a college here in the US but was tuned down since she wasn't a Mestizo Chicana. No link handy tho.
Any Latin. My family is "pasty white," as you call it. We're Latin to the core.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Illegal immigration serves our corporate masters by providing an endless source of frightened underpaid workers to pick their crops and clean the corporate toilets. Don't expect it to be controlled anytime soon. If something is making money for the connected it is effectively untouchable.
The WORST thing for those greedy "employers" would be any sort of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Well, given that the white American man has been f'g with Latin countries for oh, just about forever...
No excuse for LatAm to be such a mess. The Russians treated Poland and so on MUCH worse but Poland and friends are doing pretty well in 2013.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
"Sigh"? Before you take that "do I really have to explain this yet again to some ignorant person?" attitude, you should make sure you are actually being relevant.

I never claimed that white privilege doesn't exist. What I asserted was that using it to guilt trip white people is no longer relevant in the 21st century because we are already addressing the issue.

We offer formal aid to minority groups to help them get a leg up, so the person I was responding to saying that white men are going to have to face up to some competition for a change and get used to not having their white privilege in the context of competing for illegal immigrant type jobs is pathetic.

Society is actively working to eliminate privilege and the person being discussed, someone whose job is threatened by illegal immigration - ie, the lowest of the lower class, isn't exactly getting a lot of bang for the buck out of his light skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies