Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The US has reached a demographic tipping point, with most babies born now belonging to minority groups.
According to the US Census bureau, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed-race births made up 50.4% of new arrivals in the year ending in July 2011.
The official notice foreshadows the day, expected in the 2040s, when non-Hispanic whites - like the group that founded America - will be in the minority.BBC News - What will a white-minority US look like?

So could it mean the Spanish speaking minority would assimilate and would much more commonly use English rather than Spanish? In addition would there soon be a Hispanic president?

Plus would the culture of the US be similiar today as in 50 years time?

PS: No racist comments here please.
//www.city-data.com/city/Hatch-New-Mexico.html

Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Really! Which Latin countries have limits such as those you spew about?

Mexico is one of the hypocritical nations when it comes to immigration. Ironic, really.

The president of Guatemala last decade called Mexico's president out on it once. As Mexico criticized the US for not taking in and naturalizing Mexican immigrants, Mexico treats Guatemalans the way the US treats Mexicans: as nusiance border hopping illegals.

See also: Activists blast Mexico's immigration law - USATODAY.com

Fun fact: In the 1800s, when Texas belonged to Mexico, they BANNED Anglo immigration but it didn't work. They eased up at a point, and then BANNED Anglos again.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
How clear it is you've never read a history book in all your life.
You mean a book that teaches that history is the story of how white people got rich by exploiting people of color? Yes, I've read them.

Had an interesting experience in college. It happened that I was reading a biography of Sitting Bull on my own right when an American history class I was taking got to that point. So I was doing my assigned work, reading a state university approved history detailing the peaceful, environmentally conscious people of a surprisingly highly developed culture. And then on my own time I was reading about the savage raiding and pillaging primitive tribes who mutilated the corpses of their enemies and counted status based on how many people you'd killed. And the funny thing was, both books were about the same people.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
As somebody who grew up going to schools in which the majority was "Hispanic" 85% Elementary, 88% Middle School, about 60% High School I don't know where you're getting this generalization from, I haven't seen any adversity towards learning English, as for Spanish materials well that just makes it easier when the parents don't speak the language well. Also I find it hypocritical when Americans talk about illegal immigration looking at the history of the United States which was built on illegal immigration, and then some of these people have the gull to go up to an Apache or a Navajo and accuse them of being here "illegally" because they look Mexican and immigration going around killing US citizens of Mexican descent because of the way they look just because illegal immigrants from Mexico have been used as a scapegoat for the problems that are caused by the politicians and the rich.
That is only in the southwest where Hispanics have high numbers. With continued illegal immigration those numbers will spread throughout our country. Hispanic citizens generally are bi-lingual but many of them refuse to speak English unless they have to. Many if not most Hispanic illegals don't want to learn English.

The U.S. was bulit on illegal immigration? What are you talking about? Who cares that a few idiots approach U.S. citizens of native indian ancestry and accuses them of being here illegally? They don't repesent the majority. Who is going around killing American citizens of Mexican descent? We don't need a scapegoat for what ails this country. Is pointing out the negative impact of illegal immigration on our country a scapegoat? No, it is just a fact. And no one is claiming that all that ails our country is due to just illegal immigration either!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg7854 View Post
The U.S. was built actually on the blood of the Native Americans and the sweat and tears of black African slaves. Most of those illegal Mexican immigrants are unable to learn English because they're illiterate in their own tongue. If they can't even read in Spanish, they damn sure can't learn English. This I know because we had a housekeeper who we brought a Rosetta-Stone packet to learn English one year, and we found out she couldn't because she was illiterate.

Who cares what a few people approach of Native American industry is? Really? What negative impact are the Mexican immigrants causing on this country? Now you sound like Joe Arpaio? Are you willing to go out there and dig ditches, pave roads, and pick lettuce in the sweltering heat for less than minimum wage from sunrise to sunset? They don't get social security or workers compensation for it, either. Why I do believe your true colors are starting to show. Would you like our new national anthem to be Horst Wessel Lied or Deutschland Uber Alles?
What a crock! Do you think that whites just sat on their porches drinking tea while minorities did all the work? It doesn't only take brawn but brains to built a great country anyway. If Mexican illegals are so illiterate then we sure don't need them in our country.

You really need to educate yourself on the loss of jobs and reduced wages for Americans with the high influx of Mexican and other ILLEGALS ( not immigants). Not only that but we are covering their social costs while the greedy employers pocket the profits from them. Our taxes are going through the roof because they are a net tax burden to our society.

I am retired but I know many Americans who have dug ditches, paved roads and done other manual labor jobs for a decent pay at one time before the influx of cheap, illegal labor. As for crop picking only 3% of illegals are working in the ag industry. What do you think the other 97% are doing? We have unlimited visas for LEGAL ag workers anyway. No exuse to hire illegals to pick crops except for pure greed.

WTH has Joe Arpaio have to do with me other than desiring the enforcement of our immigration laws? Your Nazi implications are ridiculous also. Speaking of showing their true colors you certainly have shown yours by spitting on the American worker and taxpayer in favor of illegal foreingers and then you dare to demonize those of us who merely want our immigration and labor laws enforced? People like you make me sick. Are you really an American citizen? Heaven help us.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg7854 View Post
And I know this may come as a shock to you, but most Muslims aren't terrorists. You painted them all as terrorists, so don't give me the rundown about stereotyping scenarios.
Where did I say that most Muslims are terrorists? I said the Taliban is pure evil. Reading comprehension problem or is it on purpose?

Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a crock! Do you think that whites just sat on their porches drinking tea while minorities did all the work? It doesn't only take brawn but brains to built a great country anyway. If Mexican illegals are so illiterate then we sure don't need them in our country.

You really need to educate yourself on the loss of jobs and reduced wages for Americans with the high influx of Mexican and other ILLEGALS ( not immigants). Not only that but we are covering their social costs while the greedy employers pocket the profits from them. Our taxes are going through the roof because they are a net tax burden to our society.

I am retired but I know many Americans who have dug ditches, paved roads and done other manual labor jobs for a decent pay at one time before the influx of cheap, illegal labor. As for crop picking only 3% of illegals are working in the ag industry. What do you think the other 97% are doing? We have unlimited visas for LEGAL ag workers anyway. No exuse to hire illegals to pick crops except for pure greed.

WTH has Joe Arpaio have to do with me other than desiring the enforcement of our immigration laws? Your Nazi implications are ridiculous also. Speaking of showing their true colors you certainly have shown yours by spitting on the American worker and taxpayer in favor of illegal foreingers and then you dare to demonize those of us who merely want our immigration and labor laws enforced? People like you make me sick. Are you really an American citizen? Heaven help us.
It's really tough to know whether illegals are net drains on the economy or not. I've seen persuasive stats on both sides. The problem is that the stats are generally given by someone to support a particular position, so you don't know if they are actually trustworthy or not. It seems anyone who cares to research the isue has a position on it so it's tough to get nonpartisan information.

Do they take American jobs, or are they doing jobs Americans don't want to do? Does the contribution to the economy that they make outweigh them being paid under the table and avoiding taxes? How much social service do they really consume? Are anchor babies just propaganda or are people really abusing the citizenship laws? Are illegal aliens really trying to vote in US elections? What specifically does giving them citizenship but "going to the back of the line" mean - is it really fair or is it just free amnesty?

I tend to oppose illegal immigration for a few reasons - ust on principle since it is in fact breaking the law, I find it hard to believe liberals really support it because it's good for the country and not just good for Democrat vote numbers, and it seems unfair to people who want to immigrate legally and have valuable skills to offer. But those are all just opinions. I don't have any numbers I can confidently point to and say "yes, illegal immigration is definitely harmful to America" or "illegal immigration is actually good for society"

Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Does it matter in 2013? NONE of us were alive back then AND Hispanics were real "good" about raping Indian women in what is now Mexico but I DON'T hear the anger against that, it's just directed against the US. Sheesh!
I can't point out actual history without settlers getting butthurt over FACTS? It's important to look at the historical context of things and the hypocrisy of illegal immigration in the US.

In this context it's directed against the US

As for Mexico unfortunately upon independence Mexico has internalized colonialism and propagated this Mestizo myth of all the Indian women getting raped by the Spaniards creating "la raza cosmica" but fact is Mexico seems to be mostly of Indio blood, Mestizo is not about being mixed race you can be fully Indio but be mestizo once you identify as such, which most Mexicans are, not identifying with their Indio heritage or not really knowing about it or outright rejecting it seeing Indios as inferior. Indios not only in Mexico but throughout Latin America are also getting screwed by a different type of colonialism but we're not talking about that, we're talking about the US.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
I have thought about one thing. There is discussion about illegal immigration. I'm not arguing for or against illegal immigration. I'm just telling you the way things work. Getting rid of people who came here illegally won't really work. Think about this. Prison has become a business. Some farmers can just hire prison labor to pick the crops. It is about power and control. Those who control the money have the most power. If we got rid of the H1B visa program, or at least limited it, it still would solve the problems of jobs. In the IT industry, one can just outsource jobs to other countries and have the work done there. Same with manufacturing. Think about Nike. From what I've read, Nike doesn't even own the factories where the shoes are made, and none of the shoes are made in the USA.

It is about power and control.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's really tough to know whether illegals are net drains on the economy or not. I've seen persuasive stats on both sides. The problem is that the stats are generally given by someone to support a particular position, so you don't know if they are actually trustworthy or not. It seems anyone who cares to research the isue has a position on it so it's tough to get nonpartisan information.

Do they take American jobs, or are they doing jobs Americans don't want to do? Does the contribution to the economy that they make outweigh them being paid under the table and avoiding taxes? How much social service do they really consume? Are anchor babies just propaganda or are people really abusing the citizenship laws? Are illegal aliens really trying to vote in US elections? What specifically does giving them citizenship but "going to the back of the line" mean - is it really fair or is it just free amnesty?

I tend to oppose illegal immigration for a few reasons - ust on principle since it is in fact breaking the law, I find it hard to believe liberals really support it because it's good for the country and not just good for Democrat vote numbers, and it seems unfair to people who want to immigrate legally and have valuable skills to offer. But those are all just opinions. I don't have any numbers I can confidently point to and say "yes, illegal immigration is definitely harmful to America" or "illegal immigration is actually good for society"
Just one thing. If illegal immigration were truly a net benefit to our country we wouldn't have immigration laws and annual quotas for legal immigration then, would we? Think man! Not all the stats about illegal immigration out there are from biased sources. For example, where hospitals are closing due to non-paying patients much of it is due to illegal immigrants using their services. I could go on and on about the monetary negative affects they have on our country. Who do you think pays for the birthing of their numerous babies and the ensuing welfare they are entitled to through these anchor babies? Do your research.

Won't Americans do construction, landscaping jobs, restaurant work,etc.? You know damned well they will yet they have been replaced by illegal immigrants who work cheaper. That is just a fact, not an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies