Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM

26 posts, read 20,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Really! Which Latin countries have limits such as those you spew about?
Ohh how about Mexico? Do you remember John hammer former marine who was arested for months after taking over the boarder a antique rifle which was cleared by u.s. customs but Mexico nope he was wrested. Chained to his bed unproper living conditions. That's just not one case their are many more and many other countries who treat Americans like dirt

Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Mexico is one of the hypocritical nations when it comes to immigration. Ironic, really.

The president of Guatemala last decade called Mexico's president out on it once. As Mexico criticized the US for not taking in and naturalizing Mexican immigrants, Mexico treats Guatemalans the way the US treats Mexicans: as nusiance border hopping illegals.

See also: Activists blast Mexico's immigration law - USATODAY.com

Fun fact: In the 1800s, when Texas belonged to Mexico, they BANNED Anglo immigration but it didn't work. They eased up at a point, and then BANNED Anglos again.
Hmmm... there are lots of expatriate (people who left their country to live abroad) American communities in Mexico. Lots of Americans who like living abroad, and lots of retirees. For example, here's one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/21/gr...anted=all&_r=0

Old 02-28-2013, 02:43 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
This is how I feel about the situation. Judging by some of the posts on this thread, there are many people who are afraid. Some of the posts border on pure hatred. Maybe it's because I'm used to be out-numbered, but I'm not afraid.

I've mentioned this before. My understanding about this situation is more or less about power and control. Some people are not worried because they aren't worried about "power" and "control". Some people, however, are afraid. I feel like some people are afraid of losing power.

I feel like many issues as far as race is concerned, stem from the love of power and control. Jim Crow laws, voter disenfranchisement, "separate but equal", "restrictive covenants", alot of it does come from racial hatred. However, the part that many people miss is that alot of this has to do with having power and control over others. Those who have power and want to keep it for themselves will find ways to keep it from those in some way,shape or form. During slavery, Black were looked down on, of course. However, they were counted as property, and therefore, seen as valuable. They were not seen as human beings, and Blacks in general were not liked. They were seen as only useful for slave labor. After the end of slavery/Reconstruction, this is when the Jim Crow laws were passed. Racial animosity was one part of this. The other part was about establishing a racial hierarchy. It was about control over others.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
So long as white Hispanics exist, the U.S. will never be a white minority republic.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
Ohh how about Mexico? Do you remember John hammer former marine who was arested for months after taking over the boarder a antique rifle which was cleared by u.s. customs but Mexico nope he was wrested. Chained to his bed unproper living conditions. That's just not one case their are many more and many other countries who treat Americans like dirt
One would have to be one crazy-_ss puppy to go over any border or travel with guns. Only Americans!! Sheesh!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I feel about the situation. Judging by some of the posts on this thread, there are many people who are afraid. Some of the posts border on pure hatred. Maybe it's because I'm used to be out-numbered, but I'm not afraid.

I've mentioned this before. My understanding about this situation is more or less about power and control. Some people are not worried because they aren't worried about "power" and "control". Some people, however, are afraid. I feel like some people are afraid of losing power.

I feel like many issues as far as race is concerned, stem from the love of power and control. Jim Crow laws, voter disenfranchisement, "separate but equal", "restrictive covenants", alot of it does come from racial hatred. However, the part that many people miss is that alot of this has to do with having power and control over others. Those who have power and want to keep it for themselves will find ways to keep it from those in some way,shape or form. During slavery, Black were looked down on, of course. However, they were counted as property, and therefore, seen as valuable. They were not seen as human beings, and Blacks in general were not liked. They were seen as only useful for slave labor. After the end of slavery/Reconstruction, this is when the Jim Crow laws were passed. Racial animosity was one part of this. The other part was about establishing a racial hierarchy. It was about control over others.
Right wingers live in fear. That's their normal psychological state - fear.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're a liberal. Of course you aren't afraid.

Yes, someone that supports the party that promotes multiculturalism isn't afraid of multiculturalism.

Not exactly any big shocker there.

Quote:

Yes, and defining things in terms of control, then ascribing a pathological need to control to others is extremely common amongst liberals. Doesn't matter if it is foreign policy, or abortion, or gun rights, or immigration. It's the same theory applied to each new situation. "The conservative is inherently a fearful and controlling person, and whenever is confronted by X reacts with an instinctual fear that X threatens him and becomes bigotted and fascist towards it" Heard it a hundred times about a dozen different things.

No need to actually support any given position you hold, no need for a counterargument for any conservative position, no need for evidence or supporting data. This one theory fits all, and by deligitimizing the conservative himself automatically lets you invalidate every position he takes which leaves your ideas being correct by default as it also invalidates any arguments that conservative might make against you.

Yes, it's very convenient.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

Yes, someone that supports the party that promotes multiculturalism isn't afraid of multiculturalism.

Yes, and defining things in terms of control, then ascribing a pathological need to control to others is extremely common amongst liberals. Doesn't matter if it is foreign policy, or abortion, or gun rights, or immigration. It's the same theory applied to each new situation. "The conservative is inherently a fearful and controlling person, and whenever is confronted by X reacts with an instinctual fear that X threatens him and becomes bigotted and fascist towards it" Heard it a hundred times about a dozen different things.

No need to actually support any given position you hold, no need for a counterargument for any conservative position, no need for evidence or supporting data. This one theory fits all, and by deligitimizing the conservative himself automatically lets you invalidate every position he takes which leaves your ideas being correct by default as it also invalidates any arguments that conservative might make against you.

Yes, it's very convenient.
Kidkaos, first of all, you don't know if I'm a liberal or a conservative. In fact, I've recently said that neither party is doing much good and politics has all become a game regarding getting numbers.

There are certain things I'm not for. I don't like abortion, I'm very pro-gun rights. In fact, if you have read some of my posts, you would know some of this. But of course, you jumped to alot of conclusions, which might lead me to believe that this isn't really about my political views.

Now, I have a question for you. What does being a liberal have to do with "White minority"? What does that have to do with me not being afraid? I've even said I'm used to being outnumbered.

And I was not talking about liberal vs conservative. I was talking about how some people thirst for power and control over others and would do dirty things to get that power. Rather that complain about my political views, why not try to read and understand what I'm trying to say.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

Okay, let's assume you are correct, and there's multiculturalism on one end of the spectrum, and national identity on the other. Could you describe that cultural identity you are fighting tooth and nail to protect? Give me some examples of what you're desperately trying to hang on to.

Quote:
Oh? Am I forcing women to abort? Yes___ No____

You betcha I don't want some lunatic next door to me collecting implements to off me. I don't want them to own guns to kill me, cannons to kill me, bombs to kill me.

As for foreign policy, how am I, a woman in Florida, controlling that?

Yes, it's very convenient.[/quote]

Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Right wingers live in fear. That's their normal psychological state - fear.
It isn't just right-wingers living in fear. You have some independents living in fear as well. And everything I had to say wasn't even about Left-wing vs right-wing. This was about power and control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies