Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I will make 3 predictions:

1)Next president is Hispanic
2)Next president is Republican
3)Next president is George P Bush

Who wants to BET
Someday maybe, 2016 unlikely. He hasn't held any office, not even local yet that I can see George P. Bush enters political arena with Hispanic outreach, possible run for Texas land commissioner | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News.

I'm not supporting anyone yet, but why would you put GPB ahead of Rubio for example?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
"AVerage Mexican is 50% European" isn't really true, more of a consequence of the myth perpetrated by Mestizaje, while Northern Mexico has a lot more people primarily of European descent the more south you go the more indio blood you get

The statistic is an AVERAGE, several studies bear it out.

Just liek saying, "the average African American is 14% white (or whatever it is)." CLEARLY some are more, some are less or none.

In Northern Mexico the percentages can be much higher than 50%, in Southern Mexico, must lower.

Most studies have shown a European contribution of somewhere between 40-60% and an Amerindian contribution of 40-60%, and an African contribution of 1-5%. Basing an average from admixture levels found in many studies, the European contribution is ~50% and the Amerindian contribution is ~50% in a dual (European-Amerindian) model. A tri-racial (European-Amerindian-African) model yields an African contribution of ~2.5%, with average European and Amerindian contributions a small amount lower than 50% each.

According to a paper presented by the American Society of Human Genetics Mexicans were found to be 58.96% European, 36.05% Asian (Amerindian), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%). In Guerrero one also observes the highest Asian (Amerindian) contribution (37.17%). African contribution ranges from 2.8% in Sonora to 11.13% in Veracruz.[30] Sixty percent of the Mexican population was classed as mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish), 30% as mainly Amerindian ancestry and 10% as white.[31]

Mexican people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by TriMT7; 03-03-2013 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Someday maybe, 2016 unlikely. He hasn't held any office, not even local yet that I can see George P. Bush enters political arena with Hispanic outreach, possible run for Texas land commissioner | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News.

I'm not supporting anyone yet, but why would you put GPB ahead of Rubio for example?

And what would be significant about Marco Rubio being a "Hispanic" president vs.... say, an Italian descent president (which I'm not sure we've had one that identified as Italian).... or one whose ancestors came from Spain?

He's a white Hispanic dude. Because he roasts a pig at Christmas instead of baking a ham it's earth shattering?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Liberals have tossed aside everything regarding the environment. Their goal now is very massive and unlimited immigration.
Hhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha! Wow man, this made my week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Assimilation is very fast - most come here because they idolize the American way.
Uh, no. Most come here for economic reasons or are refugees.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The statistic is an AVERAGE, several studies bear it out.

Just liek saying, "the average African American is 14% white (or whatever it is)." CLEARLY some are more, some are less or none.

In Northern Mexico the percentages can be much higher than 50%, in Southern Mexico, must lower.

Most studies have shown a European contribution of somewhere between 40-60% and an Amerindian contribution of 40-60%, and an African contribution of 1-5%. Basing an average from admixture levels found in many studies, the European contribution is ~50% and the Amerindian contribution is ~50% in a dual (European-Amerindian) model. A tri-racial (European-Amerindian-African) model yields an African contribution of ~2.5%, with average European and Amerindian contributions a small amount lower than 50% each.

According to a paper presented by the American Society of Human Genetics Mexicans were found to be 58.96% European, 36.05% Asian (Amerindian), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%). In Guerrero one also observes the highest Asian (Amerindian) contribution (37.17%). African contribution ranges from 2.8% in Sonora to 11.13% in Veracruz.[30] Sixty percent of the Mexican population was classed as mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish), 30% as mainly Amerindian ancestry and 10% as white.[31]

Mexican people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't know about that data, did they do all the states?Because it seems to me that there are plenty of states thta are more Indio than Guerrero, Chiapas, Oaxaca, the states of the Yucatan

Also being classed as mestizo in Mexico isn't about race but cultural affiliation

Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Sure. Every one of those 43 white guys before 2008 did just a boffo job!
Well, they led one of the younger nations in the world to be the most influential, most productive, most innovative, and most powerful force the planet has ever seen. Sorry, but you kinda fail on that one.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why do you hate men so much?
If I hated men, I wouldn't be with one.

However, I worked in Family Law for a bit, and what I saw there, I'll never be able to delete from my brain. Trust me, I've seen it in action. No raising of the kids while they're married, but yet the moment they're getting a divorce: DING! They're FATHER OF THE YEAR!! LOL!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She does not hate, she's bitter.
You're angry that I saw the pic on your profile.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
If I hated men, I wouldn't be with one.

However, I worked in Family Law for a bit, and what I saw there, I'll never be able to delete from my brain. Trust me, I've seen it in action. No raising of the kids while they're married, but yet the moment they're getting a divorce: DING! They're FATHER OF THE YEAR!! LOL!
The words "family" and "law" shouldn't even be in proximity.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well, they led one of the younger nations in the world to be the most influential, most productive, most innovative, and most powerful force the planet has ever seen. Sorry, but you kinda fail on that one.
Powerful force is right.....not necessarily always for the benefit of humanity. And not all Presidents were great leaders. Some were colossal failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies