Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 PM

361 posts, read 272,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact that this person actually created a thread about "Ben Carson being the left's nightmare" tells me what he/she is thinking. No need for assumptions on my part. But nice of you to try though.
Ill tell you exactly what im thinking. He extremely smart, strong faith in god, believes in personal responsibility and putting an end to politically correct speech. These are all thing the far left are against. I think it will be hard to put him out as stupid because of his medical credentials, a true rags to riches story to no making him into some privileged kid, as religious as he is because of his medical credentials you can't say he does't know science, his extreme well known charity makes it so you can't say he hates the poor. The far left will see this as a threat, but regular democrats won't I don't see how they can paint him to be evil. Moderates will flock to him as they should he is breath of fresh air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Nor do we want him to.

FYI, Black people have been fans of Ben Carson's for YEARS! You are late to the party. Do you actually even know his inspirational story or are you simply cherry picking this non-issue?

(Sorry to ruin your diatribe )
Did you hear the speech that leaners are making all the noise about? I don't think you did but if you had you would have heard him talk about why he became what he is and his brother went into aerospace work. I guess none of his talk about his mother who had a 3rd education took he and his brother when she couldn't even read. Are you trying to marginalize him with your left handed crap talk?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
is this a new speech, or the one that the other thread posted a couple of days ago is talking about ?
The one he delivered last Thursday was his 4th one of the week so I imagine we are still talking about that one. You did hear it, didn't you?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Ill tell you exactly what im thinking. He extremely smart, strong faith in god, believes in personal responsibility and putting an end to politically correct speech. These are all thing the far left are against. I think it will be hard to put him out as stupid because of his medical credentials, a true rags to riches story to no making him into some privileged kid, as religious as he is because of his medical credentials you can't say he does't know science, his extreme well known charity makes it so you can't say he hates the poor. The far left will see this as a threat, but regular democrats won't I don't see how they can paint him to be evil. Moderates will flock to him as they should he is breath of fresh air
The people that you are referring to as "the far left" have been supporters of Dr. Carson's LONG before you even knew that the man existed. Its so sad that the "far right" have willfully decided to display their ignorance but championing a man who has been an inspirational figure for MANY years to people whom the "far right" despises (ie Black people)

The RWNJs are so simpleminded.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you hear the speech that leaners are making all the noise about? I don't think you did but if you had you would have heard him talk about why he became what he is and his brother went into aerospace work. I guess none of his talk about his mother who had a 3rd education took he and his brother when she couldn't even read. Are you trying to marginalize him with your left handed crap talk?
Have you read his book? Have you heard him speak in-person? Have you met him?

Yes to all 3 for me. How about you?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Why are you all wetting yourselves over this guy? You think he's the only black man who doesn't agree with Obama on everything, or was it the "PC" comment that got you so excited? I certainly don't fear him, as I know nothing of him beyond that one speech - and while it made a few good points, it was hardly right-wing in nature and also not a bid for presidency. Whatevs, nothing to see here really.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
You have to stop bringing up things i havent said(fox and black people). But since you want to talk about Fox he seems to not mind doing the Hannity show. The left should love him. He is a very likeable well spoken brilliant man who does amazing charity work. I can't imagine anybody disliking that man or disagreeing with what he said(unless your some sort of marxist). Thats why i think he would be the left's nightmare because it will be hard to turn him into some evil person. The left will have a very difficult time making the average democrat dislike him the way they do to other republicans. There are already people on the left speaking negatively about him.
I didn't know he was a Republican. He didn't say anything about politics in that speech. He talked about government but not politics.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
I may not speak for "the left," since I'm really more of an independent - but the "left" doesn't hate those things at all, and the fact you would think so tells us how little you know about half our country.

He seems like a smart man, but beyond that I don't see how he's qualified to be our next POTUS.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM

361 posts, read 272,911 times
Quote:
The people that you are referring to as "the far left" have been supporters of Dr. Carson's LONG before you even knew that the man existed. Its so sad that the "far right" have willfully decided to display their ignorance but championing a man who has been an inspirational figure for MANY years to people whom the "far right" despises (ie Black people)

The RWNJs are so simpleminded.
Why am I far right? Im sure many people have liked Ben Carson for a long time, there doesn't seem to be anything not to like. Am I not allowed to like him because you knew him first? The far right would be ignorant to like him? Right winger wouldn't like him because he inspires black people? Why do you keep bringing the black thing up anyway i think thats the 3rd time. I really don't get you. You claim the left has liked him for years as do you. You claim right wingers ignorantly love him. If anything isn't this a good thing. Sound's like a unifying figure if I ever heard of one. Would you vote for him? Why shouldnt those on the right like him? I think you hate me and my politics more than you love your own leaders and politicis

Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Ben Carson will be moving on with his life and not in the direction of politics. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
I happen to know Ben Carson personally. And I know of him. I can guarantee you he won't be running for anything.
He sure won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies