Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,690 times

Advertisements

[quote=Dale Cooper;28267107]Am I the only person watching him on Hannity?

Nope. Smart guy, must be a brain surgeon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 PM

918 posts, read 817,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I think you meant...He supports a scholar web site.

Doc Carson is about much more than that though. The guy found his own motivation in the inspiration of others. No need for government to show the way. Creative minds empowered by an inner motivation borne, in part, by the realization of the gift he was given by a Higher Power. His sex, ethnicity, race, and all those irrelevant markers we still use to define folks don't blind him and lead him astray. He never wasted time and effort searching for his roots. That was of no import to him. He found himself in the here and now and accepted a personal challenge and never looked back. In a relatively short life he's already accomplished much and in relative anonymity and not seeking public adulation. Read his book and learn. When he saw his oportunity to communicate INSPIRATION..., he jumped on it like stink on you-know-what! With a dozen like him this country can remake itself. He knows the secret that few realize. All change comes with the young. Each succeeding generation of those who grow old, prepare the road for the journey of that next generation that truly can end or deliver a nation. Our manifest destiny is within us, not any government. We're having a hard time learning to accept that as individuals, so how can we accept that as a nation!.

ALL AHEAD FLANK Doc and never look back.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
I think you meant...He supports a scholar web site.

Doc Carson is about much more than that though. The guy found his own motivation in the inspiration of others. No need for government to show the way. Creative minds empowered by an inner motivation borne, in part, by the realization of the gift he was given by a Higher Power. His sex, ethnicity, race, and all those irrelevant markers we still use to define folks don't blind him and lead him astray. He never wasted time and effort searching for his roots. That was of no import to him. He found himself in the here and now and accepted a personal challenge and never looked back. In a relatively short life he's already accomplished much and in relative anonymity and not seeking public adulation. Read his book and learn. When he saw his oportunity to communicate INSPIRATION..., he jumped on it like stink on you-know-what! With a dozen like him this country can remake itself. He knows the secret that few realize. All change comes with the young. Each succeeding generation of those who grow old, prepare the road for the journey of that next generation that truly can end or deliver a nation. Our manifest destiny is within us, not any government. We're having a hard time learning to accept that as individuals, so how can we accept that as a nation!.

ALL AHEAD FLANK Doc and never look back.

What a great post the best wonderful wording. I applaud you. It is thru motivation, that empowers and inspires others. This man is very creative in thinking and it is thru his creativitiy, that so inspires others to find their gift and work hard.

How many people in life take the easy way out, and make excuses why?

It is those people who see that no obstacle get in their way. And no excuses given for hard work.

He inspired many friends of mine from both party's who found inspiration in his words.

I really liked that Man, whether you like him or not, he made more sense then most people.
How true manifest destiny is within us, not any government. When you have a Country that truly is divided, it is hard to learn and accept and respect all others.

He is wonderful at communicating, and people listen, when someone has inspiring words, and for everyone, not just a chosen few.

I always respect those people who face challenges head on, no excuses given, none madeup, just going after a dream. That is a Man who has a wonderful essence, wish he were our President!

He in no way, seems to be the type of man that bullys others, intimidates them, if they disagree with him, he is a mature adult! which is very refreshing and adult like.

So has the other side dug into his personal lifestory yet, how much you want to bet it's coming. So many of us know the antics of this administration.

Last edited by california-jewel; 02-15-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
After watching him on Hannity tonight I continue to be impressed with this man. I thought last week that the talk about him running for office was premature, but after listening to him tonight (to me) it sounds like he may be considering it. What level of office I'm not sure.

Although I am very impressed with him I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. Time will tell where he goes and what role and contribution he can have re: the remaking and rebuilding of the country, if any. Time will also demonstrate whether or not he is the "real deal". We'll see.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Thomas Sowell would make a great President. And he's 100% African-American; one who actually grew up in the ghetto, and achieved prominence and experience based on his own merit.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think the points being made are about you, but the over all scope of things.

The whole "many people voted for Obama because he was black" is a fraudulent argument. Barack won the black vote with the same percentage that Kerry did in 2004. Even the small percentage who did vote for Barack because he was black would have voted for him anyways simply because he was a Democrat.

so No, democrats are not equally guilty.
I'm white and I voted for Obama because I thought it would be good for the country to have a black president. The premise is still good it's just that I messed up on who the person I was voting for.....I was blinded by the oratory. Maybe it was my penance for the 25 black slaves one of my gggrandfathers owned. I wish I had had a better choice in hindsight though.

I know of a lot of white people who voted for O because he was black, because they thought it would be good for the country.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I would seriously consider voting for him...

The Wall Street Journal: Ben Carson for President - WSJ.com
Instead of thinking about who black folk should be proud of think about what white conservatives should be proud of...

Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I'm white and I voted for Obama because I thought it would be good for the country to have a black president. The premise is still good it's just that I messed up on who the person I was voting for.....I was blinded by the oratory. Maybe it was my penance for the 25 black slaves one of my gggrandfathers owned. I wish I had had a better choice in hindsight though.

I know of a lot of white people who voted for O because he was black, because they thought it would be good for the country.
Oh geeze. No the premise was not good then and is not good now. Really really dumb reasons for voting someone in for president. You don't have to make penance for what one of your grandfathers many times removed did. You don't have to vote for a black man because a black man would be good for the country. Just EDUCATE yourself about the candidates and vote for the PERSON (regardless of race or gender) who you believe is the best candidate to represent the ENTIRE country.

Don't vote out of guilt or pie-in-the-sky concepts. Vote with logic, reason and research. Vote for the future. Not the past.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
dont worry youll hear about him plenty in due time
Psychic?

Inside track?

Zombies told you so?

Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM

361 posts, read 272,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Instead of thinking about who black folk should be proud of think about what white conservatives should be proud of...
white conservaties can be proud of Dr Ben Carson!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies