Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
First of all I hate lupe Fiasco. Even it it is true democrats are equally guilty. Many people voted for Obama based on race and admitted to doing so. Politics is politics nobody is innocent. I hope we can at least meet on that middle ground/
I dont think the points being made are about you, but the over all scope of things.

The whole "many people voted for Obama because he was black" is a fraudulent argument. Barack won the black vote with the same percentage that Kerry did in 2004. Even the small percentage who did vote for Barack because he was black would have voted for him anyways simply because he was a Democrat.

so No, democrats are not equally guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM

361 posts, read 272,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think the points being made are about you, but the over all scope of things.

The whole "many people voted for Obama because he was black" is a fraudulent argument. Barack won the black vote with the same percentage that Kerry did in 2004. Even the small percentage who did vote for Barack because he was black would have voted for him anyways simply because he was a Democrat.

so No, democrats are not equally guilty.
yea they are Obama's race had a lot to do with the hype behind him. It made him all historic and what not. He got the same percentage of the black vote but i think the voter turnout amongst blacks was much higher. Its not only black people many Americans felt good about voting for a black guy. I tried to meet you half way but i feel like you don't even want to do that so I don't think i have much more to say to you. I guess you just feel everything anybody on the right ever does is wrong, and i'm sorry you feel that way. I'm truly losing all hope in this country and his speech gave me a little bit of hope. Hopefully Ben Carson can be someone who unites people of all political persuasion. I truly think he could with the exception of the far left.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
yea they are Obama's race had a lot to do with the hype behind him. It made him all historic and what not. He got the same percentage of the black vote but i think the voter turnout amongst blacks was much higher. Its not only black people many Americans felt good about voting for a black guy. I tried to meet you half way but i feel like you don't even want to do that so I don't think i have much more to say to you. I guess you just feel everything anybody on the right ever does is wrong, and i'm sorry you feel that way. I'm truly losing all hope in this country and his speech gave me a little bit of hope. Hopefully Ben Carson can be someone who unites people of all political persuasion. I truly think he could with the exception of the far left.
your comment said that many people voted for Barack because of race, they didnt, they voted for him because he was a democrat. could him being black be a plus, sure, but if it was simply because he was black then Herman Cain would have been the GOP nominee.

look at Artur Davis,he was the sitting Democratic congressman in Alabama's 7th congressional district, he ran for Governor of Alabama and lost the black vote in his own district in the Democratic primary to a white man.

Micheal Steele ran for Senate in Maryland in 2006, he only got 25% of the Black vote, Ben Cardin( agai, a white man) got 74% of the black vote.

contrary to Republican belief, Democrats do not vote based on race. And yes, i realize your argument was that alot of people (of all colors) voted for Obama because he was black, but as i said, the percentages were about equal to previous elections. you pointed out that the turnout was higher, but since the percentage was the same, that means turnout was also higher on the Right's side.

So no, you did not meet me halfway. You tried to introduce a republican stereotypical talking point about the election of Barack Obama.

meeting me half way would have been admitting that some of the other conservatives on this site had ulterior motives in propping this man up .

Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
very mature of you
Hey, you're the one who made the spelling error! (did you even get the joke?)

Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
so basicly i should not like Ben Carson can someone please explain why?
You can like whoever you want, we're just pointing out the fallacy of assuming liberals fear or hate this person (who most of us couldn't care less about). On that note, maybe the conservatives could stop bashing everyone who likes Obama? Yeah, I know it's asking a lot to request two-way respect for other opinions.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:51 PM

361 posts, read 272,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
your comment said that many people voted for Barack because of race, they didnt, they voted for him because he was a democrat. could him being black be a plus, sure, but if it was simply because he was black then Herman Cain would have been the GOP nominee.

look at Artur Davis,he was the sitting Democratic congressman in Alabama's 7th congressional district, he ran for Governor of Alabama and lost the black vote in his own district in the Democratic primary to a white man.

Micheal Steele ran for Senate in Maryland in 2006, he only got 25% of the Black vote, Ben Cardin( agai, a white man) got 74% of the black vote.

contrary to Republican belief, Democrats do not vote based on race. And yes, i realize your argument was that alot of people (of all colors) voted for Obama because he was black, but as i said, the percentages were about equal to previous elections. you pointed out that the turnout was higher, but since the percentage was the same, that means turnout was also higher on the Right's side.

So no, you did not meet me halfway. You tried to introduce a republican stereotypical talking point about the election of Barack Obama.

meeting me half way would have been admitting that some of the other conservatives on this site had ulterior motives in propping this man up .
i wish i knew you personally so i could give you a trophy for morally superiority

Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Default Reminder: Dr. Benjamin Carson will be on Hannity tonight, Feb 15

Will be a very good show.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM

918 posts, read 817,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
You would consider voting for him but only African Americans should be proud of him, why would you vote for somebody YOU wouldn't, or couldn't be proud of?
wytrvn, you've just revealed yourself as a racist.

Quote:
...but only African Americans should be proud of him, why would you vote for somebody YOU wouldn't, or couldn't be proud of?
Shame on you! Did he say the word "only" and then add African Americans. NO!
You also changed his reference of "could be proud" to your altered "should be proud of" allowing you to insert your subliminal suggestion of racism, didn't you? YES you did!
YOU set the qualifier PRESUMPTION that he..."wouldn't, or couldn't be proud of" him seeding the subtle suggestion it was because HE, the OP maker, wasn't black, didn't you? YOU BET YOU DID!

Understanding that, it becomes obvious that YOU stepped up, calculatingly and with malicious intent, to inject a presumed AND contrived notion of a racist attitude upon the OP maker.

Why was it so obvious to me (after I read the OP and prior to reading your post) that he was making a 'fair and reasonable' comparison, a stark one at that, between Obozo and Dr. Carson and that he meant that black people "could be proud" of him..., especially IN COMPARISON to Obozo. All the news stories covered the reality fact of how Dr. Carson's honest and frank comments created a sharp dichotomy of character perception between he and the President, seated only a few seats away and must have made Obozo feel quite uncomfortable. Everyone posting here knows that much unless they live in a cave!

YOU owe the OP maker an apology and could be faulted for "trolling", by injecting unwarranted racism for the sole purposes of agitating other posters here.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Am I the only person watching him on Hannity?

It's not riveting, but worth the watch.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Carson Scholars Fund | Discovering Promise ... Rewarding Excellence

His support a scholar web site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies