Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Why not? How was Obama more qualified?
Never said he was, although I'm pretty sure Dr. Carson hasn't been a Senator. But Obama's qualifications (or lack thereof) are irrelevant to the fact that this guy's made no mention of running for office. He made a speech, which apparently got the Republicans a bit moist, and that is all for now. What leads you to believe he is interested in being POTUS?

Btw, I knew somebody would have this "comeback." Very predictable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I never said it was far right or anti Obama. I did feel the speech went against ideas that are popular on the left. Stop with the race
I don't agree, as it didn't say anything that seemed anti-leftist to me. And no, I will not "stop with the race" as long as I think it's relevant to my comments... you don't get to tell me what not to mention, as Dr. Carson would probably say too. I thought his fans were anti-PC?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Actually, the only people who have mentioned anything about Ben Carson's skin color in this thread have been black leftist like yourself. Why does everything have to be about race? Can't people appreciate the fact that he gave an amazing speech while our President sat there dumbfounded and confused at the bold statements he was listening to?

Of course you want to instantly make it about race, that's the easy way out. It's always the easy way out.
Oh, spare us the BS... within MINUTES of his speech airing, there were like three conservative-started threads yammering on about his race (see the one titled "here's a BLACK man you can be proud of," for one). I can't speak for anyone else here, but that's how I immediately got the feeling you're all trying to come up with a new Black candidate - not just a candidate who is qualified, but one who also hits that demographic you keep losing.

I couldn't care less about his race, but it's obviously something important to the righties who are so enthralled by him. If anything, that is even more offensive, since quite a few are acting like it's a shocker for a non-white to be so fantastic (to them). It's like the old "he's so articulate!"

Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
your nuts...... I would do something about that If I were you
His nuts what? Yes, that is a region you probably want to take care of well!

(sorry, I couldn't resist. )

Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm sure they're scouring every corner to find an affair or some drug he might have done........he may just be too clean for the left to have anything against him
Why would we care about doing that? I really don't see why you're all slobbering over this guy, or how you get that the "left" hates or fears him. Really, I don't! He means about as much to me as a stranger on the street, so why would I/we waste any time looking for "dirt" on a random man? Weird.

P.S. Drugs are fine by me, LOL.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh, spare us the BS... within MINUTES of his speech airing, there were like three conservative-started threads yammering on about his race (see the one titled "here's a BLACK man you can be proud of," for one). I can't speak for anyone else here, but that's how I immediately got the feeling you're all trying to come up with a new Black candidate - not just a candidate who is qualified, but one who also hits that demographic you keep losing.

I couldn't care less about his race, but it's obviously something important to the righties who are so enthralled by him. If anything, that is even more offensive, since quite a few are acting like it's a shocker for a non-white to be so fantastic (to them). It's like the old "he's so articulate!
"

Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,551 times
Quote:
your proud that you don't know something?
I'm sorry; I'm not plugged in to the nutbar hivemind so I'm a bit out of the loop on who's the Token of the Week. Thanks for making the thread to keep the those of us on planet Earth up to speed though.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm sure they're scouring every corner to find an affair or some drug he might have done........he may just be too clean for the left to have anything against him

Oh you know it, and if they ain't playing dirty, they ain't playing at all.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh you know it, and if they ain't playing dirty, they ain't playing at all.
Whatever was in that Kool-Aid you all drank, can I please have some??

Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,736,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I said I was leaving but, I had not noticed this post.

Holding a view about a God or Supreme Being must go with the territory of Pediatric Neurology. Over 40 years ago, I sat in a teaching hospital while a PN tried to explain to me what they had and had not found out, after an endless battery of tests, that had or could have caused my profoundly disabled daughter's condition. Close to the end of the conversation he said, "if people only knew all of the conditions and reasons that could cause a developing fetus to have her afflictions, there would never be another planned child born. I believe there has to be a higher design because they are so many well and perfect children born.......".

Now, if anyone feels the need to comment with a sneer on this eminent PN's credentials and unscientific thinking, I hope you can prove to me that you have as much scientific training as he did.
One does not need extensive scientific training in medicine to recognize a specious argument, and that is a whopper.

What was God doing when those unwell children were born? Playing golf? Is there a certain percentage of children he likes to make be born completely healthy? Why not just make them all be born healthy if He has the power to do so? Is He operating on a quota system? Never mind natural selection, that doesn't even make sense from a theological standpoint.

Highly educated people are not immune from nonsensical reasoning, especially outside of their field. And evolution and theology are outside of his field, so that appeal to authority is meaningless.

Once he starts talking about finding a watch on a beach it's time to find a new doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies