Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 AM

918 posts, read 817,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Instead of thinking about who black folk should be proud of think about what white conservatives should be proud of...
(highlighting is mine)
WHY?

Why continue to encourage the deep polarization within OUR society by viewing EVERYTHING in a racial and political context?

Do you know what you're REALLY saying?

You're suggesting to the reader that there are two sides and telling he/she that iyo, one is wrong.
Without even realizing it you are propagating and encouraging the ever-widening gap of racism.
Why is it so essential to you to propagate and encourage the old "white guilt" syndrome?

I'm telling you that BOTH are wrong. That BOTH have stridently reacted to each other for so long that the TRUTH has become a 'collateral damage' casualty. That BOTH have jumped into the cesspool of hatred together! Malcolm came to understand that very TRUTH, but sadly...too late for him and his message fell upon deaf ears and Devils of his own creation came forth to consume him. In a not dissimilar way so did Marcus and Martin. Three icons of the letter M that spell MAN! And along came a John and a Bobby and they too were consumed.

I posted here 3 years ago and one of the reasons I left in disgust was that there was a very noticeable clique of blacks here who saw and posted about everything in either overt or subtle racial context. They were the fuel for the fire of an opposing and hostile reaction. At that time I was very combative about my beliefs. It's amazing how from 72 to 75, with some introspection I was able to view from the WIDER pespective and find a more enlightened realignment of principles. I no longer allow myself to wallow with you in that cesspool.

At that time to that same group, conservative meant white racist and to true conservatives that attitude meant black racists and never would those two groups EVER find common-ground. What a microcosm an metaphor for where we are TODAY. Not unless someone pulled themself out of the cesspool and turned to show them how to do similarly, would the smallest of change take place.

NOTHING has changed, that same clique is still here and I've directly (and with purpose) reminded one that I'm back (to get his attention for I know him to be an intelligent fellow). There is one difference now and I'll be damned if I'll miss this opportunity to stand with HIM.

A polite and softer speaking man, not given to contentiousness, has appeared upon the scene of public discourse. Not a Messiah or higher being, but simply a Man. Do YOU not wonder why is it he INSTANTLY garnered so much widespread attention? He makes those of us who are NOT afraid to face our own truths do just that. He speaks straight from his heart, empowered by his mind and looks into the audiences' soul. He's one of those rare 'do as I do not do as I say' people who is genuinely pained to have to talk in racial context to awaken his fellow man. He's not a religious messenger of a man. He's a professional and complete man though. He's a doctor, and because of a subliminal and intense caring, a great doctor. And a greater person because of a calling due to his totality and completeness as a Man.

He marches always forward to a principled tune of life that he's made his own, never distracted by the petty as we all are.

So, if you are genuine as one who TRULY believes in the equality of man..., you need to get some introspective exchange going with and from The Man in The Mirror and seek out the REAL TRUTH and take the first step of change....if YOU are big enough for that challenge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why are you all wetting yourselves over this guy? You think he's the only black man who doesn't agree with Obama on everything, or was it the "PC" comment that got you so excited? I certainly don't fear him, as I know nothing of him beyond that one speech - and while it made a few good points, it was hardly right-wing in nature and also not a bid for presidency. Whatevs, nothing to see here really.
I agree.

This guy is just the latest "flavor of the month" for the wing nuts.

As soon as someone says something that they perceive as being critical of Obama, the wingers fall all over themselves making that person their latest folk hero. Look how they slobber all over that pants crapping, draft dodging serial pedophile Nugent every time he opens his yapper.

It sounds like this doctor is a good guy, accomplished and generous, but it cracks me up to watch the wingers practically draft this guy as a potential presidential candidate - based on one speech. LOL

Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think I heard the same speech you heard since we heard so nearly the same things from him. It was the way he dealt with PC for so much of the speech that impressed me the most, but he did speak about our government and how it is run in a manner that I agree with. However, he didn't say anything about politics as so many here seem to think he did.
And that makes him qualified to be president?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
I hope this article is fake because in it he sounds more like Allen West or Herman Cain and admits that his aim was during the PRAYER breakfast meeting was to enrage Obama (a bait Obama didn't take). Just makes Obama that much more classier than this doctor.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Btw, I knew somebody would have this "comeback." Very predictable!
Yeah.....they've got that one trick pony thing down, don't they?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I hope this article is fake because in it he sounds more like Allen West or Herman Cain and admits that his aim was during the PRAYER breakfast meeting was to enrage Obama (a bait Obama didn't take). Just makes Obama that much more classier than this doctor.
^^This^^

Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 AM

918 posts, read 817,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
A TOTALLY INACCURATE ASESSMENT of what he said.

Here is that first quoted comment by The Blaze:
Quote:
“I was kind of surprised, because I figured he would just be fuming. But he probably figured that’s what everyone figured and he knew people were watching,†Carson said.</SPAN>
You managed to extrapolate a totally different meaning from that passing observation he made, that was quite rational an observation. He, Dr. Carson, did not in fact admit..."that his aim was during the PRAYER breakfast meeting was to enrage Obama". YOU SAID THAT, NOT HIM!

Care to explalin yourself?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post

You managed to extrapolate a totally different meaning from that passing observation he made, that was quite rational an observation. He, Dr. Carson, did not in fact admit..."that his aim was during the PRAYER breakfast meeting was to enrage Obama". YOU SAID THAT, NOT HIM!

BECAUSE I FIGURED HE WOULD JUST BE FUMING.

Are you just being dense or are you a Tea Partier?

Even before Carson met Obama he "figured he would just be fuming". So he had some preconceived notion of how Obama would react to his speech at the NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST WHICH WAS NOT A ONE-On-ONE POLITICAL SMACKDOWN.

And in that article Carson explicitly states that blacks aren't thinking for themselves.

It took Carson all of one week but multiple Hannity appearances to stoop down to Herman Cain levels of attacks..

Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post

Well, I'm not the poster who you are responding to, but it seems to me that if someone says he "figured" someone was going to respond in a certain way, that at least part of his intent WAS to try to get a reaction - especially when he also says he believes the reason the person didn't react the way he "figured" he would was because they were being watched.

It most definitely comes across like he was expecting a reaction to what he said. And that perhaps he was a little disappointed he didn't get the reaction he "figured" he would.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 AM

Question Ben Carson....fast turning into Herman Cain?

So the man who launched into a bunch of political solutions at a NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST meeting is now making comments which make him sound more like Herman Cain.

Note: this is all on a conservative website, the "liberal media" isn't even paying attention to him, and Carson continues to make multiple appearances on Hannity.

From the article:

1. Carson had preconceived notions of how Obama would react to his speech - that he would be "fuming". To his credit, Obama didn't take the bait and just thanked him on his speech. Classy.

The doctor said that, following the speech, Obama approached him, thanked him for his words and told him that the address was very good.

I was kind of surprised, because I figured he would just be fuming. But he probably figured that’s what everyone figured and he knew people were watching,” Carson said.

2. Carson continues the Herman Cain meme of "blacks not thinking for themselves":

“I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t kind of think for themselves and [that they] just kind of go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think,” he said.

Dear Dr. Carson - it took you all of one week and multiple Hannity appearances to start descending into Herman Cain territory. Please avoid Fox News and Tea Partiers!

Dr. Carson Tells TheBlaze How Obama Reacted to His Bold Prayer Breakfast Speech: ‘I Figured He Would Just Be Fuming’ | TheBlaze.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies