Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
It's too bad that Ben Carson's speech is being so politicized and "racialized."
More proof to the statement that Americans of ALL races are obsessed with race, not just black people. I saw an interview he did with Fox News and he kept reiterating that he was not trying to play party lines and his speech was not about party lines, yet Hannity kept trying to imply it was. Interest thing is the vast majority of people I have seen talk about the speech or post the speech were right-wingers who won't let it die. A few right wingers on my Facebook news feed posted it multiple times. Blacks and lefties are not "threatened by Ben Carson" in the least bit. It is only right wingers who keep bringing it up. I guess a black man who has a different opinion on things than Obama is the fuel for many of your morning woods! Even if the black man wants Obama is even more liberal than Obama(Ex Lupe Fiasco, Tavis Smiley..etc).

I also see right wingers going crazy over Bill Cosby's statements about poor blacks, yet never have anything to say about Cosby ripping Donald Trump over the birther issue or the fact Cosby said he sick of the entitlement mentality from EVERYBODY, both rich AND poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
More proof to the statement that Americans of ALL races are obsessed with race, not just black people. I saw an interview he did with Fox News and he kept reiterating that he was not trying to play party lines and his speech was not about party lines, yet Hannity kept trying to imply it was. Interest thing is the vast majority of people I have seen talk about the speech or post the speech were right-wingers who won't let it die. A few right wingers on my Facebook news feed posted it multiple times. Blacks and lefties are not "threatened by Ben Carson" in the least bit. It is only right wingers who keep bringing it up. I guess a black man who has a different opinion on things than Obama is the fuel for many of your morning woods! Even if the black man wants Obama is even more liberal than Obama(Ex Lupe Fiasco, Tavis Smiley..etc).

I also see right wingers going crazy over Bill Cosby's statements about poor blacks, yet never have anything to say about Cosby ripping Donald Trump over the birther issue or the fact Cosby said he sick of the entitlement mentality from EVERYBODY, both rich AND poor.
Exactly. They are extremely obsessed with it. Just this thread, "now there's a man that AAs could be proud of" - what? They are so limited in their thought processes, that everything has to be politics or racial issue. You're right about it being similar to how people act about Bill Cosby, while of course being very selective. Apparently, some people aren't allowed to have opinions without it being made to be a race/politics issue.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM

361 posts, read 272,949 times
Quote:

so right wingers arent allowed to like black people now? I hope you realize thats exactly how you sound right now

Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
so right wingers arent allowed to like black people now? I hope you realize thats exactly how you sound right now
No, that is how you are trying to misconstrue my words!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
No, that is how you are trying to misconstrue my words!
yea basically thats what i got from what you ans others have said.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Now while I liked Carson's candid speech, not sure it was right of him to proceed figuring the President would be fuming etc. That sounds quite willful if in fact that is what he said. That comment there makes me look differently at him based on other issues. Interesting nonetheless though...

Old 02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
We have made it clear that we are saying this based off of observations on this forum and in the media. It seems anytime the right finds a black person who does not agree with Obama, they champion him.

Lupe Fiasco is probably the best example. 9/11 truther,Pro Palestine/anti Israel, Anti GOP( 2007 Speech during the a concert he attacked the entire GOP and never even mentioned Bush), yet the GOP defended him for his Anti American Government rant( which they called anti Obama).

and as I and others have said. When Ben Carson made that speech, the Threads started said the same basic thing, " a black man that black people can be proud of "

I can understand how a conservative could like what he is saying and that having nothing to do with just wanting to prop him up as a an Obamaesque alternative, but you seem to be oblivious to what is going on around you when it comes to other conservatives propping him up, even though i and others even gave you Quotes from the other threads as well as countless other examples.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We have made it clear that we are saying this based off of observations on this forum and in the media. It seems anytime the right finds a black person who does not agree with Obama, they champion him.

Lupe Fiasco is probably the best example. 9/11 truther,Pro Palestine/anti Israel, Anti GOP( 2007 Speech during the a concert he attacked the entire GOP and never even mentioned Bush), yet the GOP defended him for his Anti American Government rant( which they called anti Obama).

and as I and others have said. When Ben Carson made that speech, the Threads started said the same basic thing, " a black man that black people can be proud of "

I can understand how a conservative could like what he is saying and that having nothing to do with just wanting to prop him up as a an Obamaesque alternative, but you seem to be oblivious to what is going on around you when it comes to other conservatives propping him up, even though i and others even gave you Quotes from the other threads as well as countless other examples.
First of all I hate lupe Fiasco. Even it it is true democrats are equally guilty. Many people voted for Obama based on race and admitted to doing so. Politics is politics nobody is innocent. I hope we can at least meet on that middle ground/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies