Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why? I do not believe in redefining marriage and do not cite "equality". If you're for "marriage equality" than you MUST support consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite.
You don't believe in redefining marriage?

Just WHAT is your definition of marriage?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,050,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Once again: if a man marries his brother, how would they refer to themselves: as spouses, or as brothers?

If you can't answer the question, then congratulations! You've just figured out how inherently absurd the OP's question is.
No less absurd than two men or two women. Lol at two husbands or two wives.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-27-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,119,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
YOU are the one who keeps using the term "marriage equality," and you clearly have a specific definition in mind, along the lines of ANYONE can marry ANYONE. People who support gays and lesbians having the right to marry their gay or lesbian partner are NOT supporting ANYONE being able to marry ANYONE.

Marriage has limits now. Marriage will still have limits if gays and lesbians can marry each other. This ANYONE marrying ANYONE is your own ridiculous hyperbole.
What?!?!?! I never use the term "marriage equality" it's lazy and moronic. That term is the new pc buzzword for mindless sheep and is in several threads here and in the media. I am simply holding those who cite that term as their reason for supporting the redifintion of marriage accountable and saying that if they don't support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage than they are hypocrites. Again, this thread is specifically for those that cite "marriage equality" as their reason for supporting the redefinition of marriage. Eiither you believe in equality, or you do not. Defend you position.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM

6,496 posts, read 6,710,676 times
Quote:
Seriously? It's really simple and has been explained numerous times in this thread.
Ummm, no, it's not been EXPLAINED at all. You keep stomping your little foot and saying the same thing, with no logic or explanation.

Quote:
If you support the redefining of marriage to include two dudes under the guise of "marriage equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you support marriage equalitry, or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend you position.
Using your apparent definition, then, NO I am not in favor of marriage equality. OK? Good enough?

ALL that I am in favor of is for any two unrelated consenting adults to marry each other. That's it. Not THREE, not a GROUP, not BLOOD-RELATED.....because I don't believe in your farcical "definition" of EQUALITY. I admit that I pick and choose which people should be allowed to get married, just like YOU do SOPHIASMOMMY. I just happen to include gays and lesbians on my list.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:13 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,285,483 times
Quote:
This thread is specifically about consensual incest marriage and marriage equality. In the majority of states marriage is defined between a man and a woman. Those that wish to redefine marriage to include two dudes cite "marriage equality" as their reason. If equality is your reason than you MUST support consensual insest marriage. or you're a hypocrite. I am simply holding those people to their own standards.
Why am I a hypocrite? A woman married for 15 years receives more benefits than a gay cojuple than lives together for 30 years. How is that fair or equal?

Quote:
Please, please, please thoroughly read threads that you choose to post in; that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Again: If you cite "equality" as the reason you support the redefinition of marriage to include two dudes, than you MUST support consensual incest marriage or polygamist marrige. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you believe in "marriage equality" or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend them.
It is quite simple. Treat everyone equally.

Black man = white man = black woman = white woman = Asian woman = Asian man = any man = any woman.

Hetero man can choose to marry a hetero woman, but a homosexual man or woman does not have that choice. Related people do not have a choice whether they are gay or straight. There would be hypocrisy if a related hetero couple could marry and a related homosexual couple could not, we prohibit both couplings regardless of sexual orientation.

It's very simple really.

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times
...and if you correlate same sex marriage to incest...you must be a mindless nut. How many stupid threads with this insinuation do we have to see every week or so?!

8,982 posts, read 10,483,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No less absurd than two men or two women. Lol at two husbands or two wives.
Careful now, your mask is slipping. Opponents of equal marriage rights for same-sex couples are not supposed to admit that their opposition is based on anti-gay animus.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-27-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM

29,636 posts, read 16,622,096 times
Quote:
All of the proponents of redefining marriage cite "equality' as their reason. Okay, fine, but if equality is the reason than you must support concentual incest marriage, polygymist marriage and any other marriage between consenting adults. If you do not, you are a hypocrite.
So by your own logic, you support a father marrying his daughter ?

5,999 posts, read 7,119,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
As I say every time this topic is brought up:

I do.
You are one of the few non hypocrites here. Perverse, but consistant, nonetheless.

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Liberal hypocrisy. Love to them only matters if its only 2 people who are unrelated.....
As opposed to the conservative hypocrisy of claiming to be for less government regulation except when more regulation changes something to suit their agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies