Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I give him a pass on this since he didnt write his own book. Ayres wasnt informed of this. Now the lie that obama wrote his own book... That he doesnt get a pass on.
Yeah, the book lie is fairly amazing. Both book lies, actually.

"His best writing time comes late at night when he's all alone, scribbling on yellow legal pads," wrote the embarrassingly credulous Jay Newton-Small in Time two months before the November 2008 election. "This is how he wrote both of his two best selling books -- Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of Hope -- staying up after Michelle and his two young daughters had long gone to bed, reveling in the late night quiet."
Time Magazine was apparently short-handed on fact checkers. As to Dreams, Obama's oldest daughter was born in 1998, three years after the book was published. As to Audacity, his family may have gone to bed early, but that was in Chicago. Obama was in DC. He came home most weekends, but I cannot imagine the Obamas abandoning their Twelve Oaks social life for book writing.

Read more: Articles: How Author Obama Foreshadowed President Obama

Ah what tangled webs we weave.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:42 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Arrow Uncle and Grandfather have the exact same name

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
but actually, 'stayed' with him in boston. Carney's really spinning this one. Gee, we never thought to ask him about it. Yet, Mr President's book said he had never met him.

Surely, not another lie. Nah.

White House changes story on Obama's uncle

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...57752919,d.eW0
In all likelihood back in 2011, the White House press were mistakenly referring to Obama's grandfather, who has the exact same name as the uncle - Onyango Obama:

From the NY Times in 2012:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/wo...ther.html?_r=0

Quote:
The president’s grandfather, who went by Onyango, played a key role in the younger Mr. Obama’s life even though the two never met. He was a central figure in Mr. Obama’s voyage of self-discovery captured in his autobiography, “Dreams from My Father,” which describes the journey of a mixed-race American to Kenya to explore his roots.
The above statement which is a reference to Obama's book Dreams From My Father refers to Obama's grandfather Onyango Obama, not his Uncle Onyango Obama.

Both the Uncle and the Grandfather have the same name.

Both are named Onyango Obama.

So in all likelihood, the White House staff must have researched Onyango Obama in the book, read the quote about the two never met, and mistakenly provided incorrect information to the Boston Globe reporter back in 2011.

To me, this is the most logical reason the mistake happened.

And I'm guessing nobody ever noticed this mistake until it was brought up again this year ... two years later.

Last edited by RD5050; 12-06-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 09:01 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Obama didn't lie, he just wasn't precise enough.
Yep, just a 'mis-stated truth'.

He could look you in the eye and say 'you are a free man' as he locks the door on the cell, and make you believe it.

Simply amazing he gets away with selling campaign lies as truth.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
In all likelihood back in 2011, the White House press were mistakenly referring to Obama's grandfather, who has the exact same name as the uncle - Onyango Obama:

From the NY Times in 2012:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/wo...ther.html?_r=0

The above statement which is a reference to Obama's book Dreams From My Father refers to Obama's grandfather Onyango Obama, not his Uncle Onyango Obama.

Both the Uncle and the Grandfather have the same name.

Both are named Onyango Obama.

So in all likelihood, the White House staff must have researched Onyango Obama in the book, read the quote about the two never met, and mistakenly provided incorrect information to the Boston Globe reporter back in 2011.

To me, this is the most logical reason the mistake happened.

And I'm guessing nobody ever noticed this mistake until it was brought up again this year ... two years later.
How many times are you going to repost this? What is this the 4th/5th time? Keep posting it and people will believe it?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
How many times are you going to repost this? What is this the 4th/5th time? Keep posting it and people will believe it?
I'm pretty certain that new people joining in this thread aren't going back and reading every previous post, so repeating my information is for them, not for you.

And does it bother you that someone here actually has a logical explanation for the Boston Globe mistake from 2011?

Does it "spoil the party" you Republicans seem to be having in this thread?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
I'm pretty certain that new people joining in this thread aren't going back and reading every previous post, so repeating my information is for them, not for you.

And does it bother you that someone here actually has a logical explanation for the Boston Globe mistake from 2011?

Does it "spoil the party" you Republicans seem to be having in this thread?

Well, that is your opinion...but the WH, is not accepting your opinion...thanks for playing...

Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, that is your opinion...but the WH, is not accepting your opinion...thanks for playing...
To my knowledge, The White House has not yet stated the reason the Boston Globe mistake was made in 2011.

It may be due to the reason I stated, or it may not.

We do not know at this point.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The White House has not yet stated the reason the Boston Globe mistake was made in 2011.

So they are neither accepting or denying it either.
So, they are going to tell another lie?

Quote:
White House spokesman Jay Carney said that Obama met Onyango Obama when he arrived in Cambridge, Mass., in the late 1980s to attend Harvard Law School; Obama stayed briefly with his uncle until his new apartment was ready.
From the link you quoted....

It very clearly states that obama stayed with Onyango, in MASS....

Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
To my knowledge, The White House has not yet stated the reason the Boston Globe mistake was made in 2011.

It may be due to the reason I stated, or it may not.

We do not know at this point.
When did his father die?

And when did obama attend college?

Answer those, and you will get an answer that you may not like....

Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

From the link you quoted....

It very clearly states that obama stayed with Onyango, in MASS....
Which link was that?

Is it from 2013, or earlier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies