Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I'm showing how a simple mistake about Obama's relatives was possible, due to the Grandfather and Uncle sharing the same name - both are named Onyango Obama.
Yes or no. Do you believe that the White House Press Secretary's function is to speak for the President?

If not, why not?

If so, do you think that the President expects his PS to lie for him? Or tell the truth?

If you expect the PS to lie for him, then therein is the problem.

If you expect the PS to tell the truth, particularly in details about the President's personal life, wouldn't you expect the PS to consult the President instead of a book?

The PS sits in the same room with Obama for almost every meeting. Peer your eyes to the corner of every room in many White House sourced pictures and you'll see Jay Carney's slimy caricature plastered into a notebook and pen furiously taking notes. That's what he does. Why? He speaks for the President, therefore he has to know what the President is saying.

So, given these questions, we look forward to a bit more insight into your logical reasoning as to why you think the PS wouldn't ask the President directly instead of consulting a book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:32 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, his fathered died in the early 1980, obama went to school in the late 1980, how is it possible that he stayed with his dad?
Obama first entered college in 1979.

His father died in 1982.

Precisely what article are you referring that mentions he lived with his father (i.e. Barack Obama Sr.) during school in the late 1980's?

Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Obama first entered college in 1979.

His father died in 1982.

Precisely what article are you referring that mentions he lived with his father (i.e. Barack Obama Sr.) during school in the late 1980's?
First, I will apologize, I was talking about his father, not his grandfather....

So, just to be sure, you are talking about his grandfather, correct?

Well, if so, that just makes your case even worse, depending on who you talk to, his grandfather died in 1979 or 1975.

Family of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Barack Obama's paternal grandfather (c. 1895–1979). (One source gives 1870–1975 as his dates of birth and death, possibly based on his tombstone in his home village
So, the WH article says that in the LATE 1980's when he went to harvard, that he stayed with his uncle...yes....

Quote:
White House spokesman Jay Carney said that Obama met Onyango Obama when he arrived in Cambridge, Mass., in the late 1980s to attend Harvard Law School; Obama stayed briefly with his uncle until his new apartment was ready.
White House changes story on Obama's uncle

So, again, if his grandfather (Onyango Obama ) died in 1979, how could obama stay with him in the late 1980's before he went to harvard?

Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am obviously aware of the article. It is the entire basis for this discussion about his Uncle.

But your article is from 2013.

It was released AFTER Obama was personally questioned about his relationship to his Uncle.

The whole point of this discussion is to show that Obama never lied about it in 2011.

Back in 2011, Obama was not aware that a White House staff member gave incorrect information to The Boston Globe about his relationship with his Uncle.

And now that Obama was made aware of the mistake in 2013, the mistake has been corrected.

There is nothing more to this story.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Yes, I am obviously aware of the article. It is the entire basis for this discussion about his Uncle.

But your article is from 2013.

It was released AFTER Obama was personally questioned about his relationship to his Uncle.

The whole point of this discussion is to show that Obama never lied about it in 2011.

Back in 2011, Obama was not aware that a White House staff member gave incorrect information to The Boston Globe about his relationship with his Uncle.

And now that Obama was made aware of the mistake in 2013, the mistake has been corrected.

There is nothing more to this story.
The WH PS, should know obama, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes or no. Do you believe that the White House Press Secretary's function is to speak for the President?

If not, why not?

If so, do you think that the President expects his PS to lie for him? Or tell the truth?

If you expect the PS to lie for him, then therein is the problem.

If you expect the PS to tell the truth, particularly in details about the President's personal life, wouldn't you expect the PS to consult the President instead of a book?

The PS sits in the same room with Obama for almost every meeting. Peer your eyes to the corner of every room in many White House sourced pictures and you'll see Jay Carney's slimy caricature plastered into a notebook and pen furiously taking notes. That's what he does. Why? He speaks for the President, therefore he has to know what the President is saying.

So, given these questions, we look forward to a bit more insight into your logical reasoning as to why you think the PS wouldn't ask the President directly instead of consulting a book?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
First, I will apologize, I was talking about his father, not his grandfather....

So, just to be sure, you are talking about his grandfather, correct?

Well, if so, that just makes your case even worse, depending on who you talk to, his grandfather died in 1979 or 1975.

Family of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, the WH article says that in the LATE 1980's when he went to harvard, that he stayed with his uncle...yes....

White House changes story on Obama's uncle

So, again, if his grandfather (Onyango Obama ) died in 1979, how could obama stay with him in the late 1980's before he went to harvard?
I never stated that Obama lived with his Grandfather - Onyango Obama.

I stated that (according to Obama's book) Obama never met his Grandfather - Onyango Obama.

And I also stated that Obama's Uncle has the same name as the Grandfather.

Both are named - Onyango Obama.

So it's possible that the White House staff who provided information to The Boston Globe in 2011 thought that since Obama stated he never met Oyango Obama, they may have believed it was his Uncle who he never met.

It's possible the staff did not know back then that Obama had two different relatives with the same name?

Again, it's just a potential logical explanation for why the staff made the mistake in 2011.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Say what you want. He will be President for 3 more years. IMO Better than Romney.Romney and his staff thought they had the election won hands down. Makes me wonder what big thing would have surprised Mitt and his crew had they won the election.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So, two people with the same name, and no one thought to check up on the other person?

If the excuse here is just more ineptitude and a general atmosphere of apathy and incompetence within the tightest circles of the Obama admin, I'd have to go along with it, since being morons and fourth rate inept hacks is the norm with these clowns.
Too bad we didn't have Google in 2011....oh, wait..................

Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
One would have to wonder... Don't democrats ever get tired of trying to cover for Obama lies?
No.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Nobody told the President that he knew him. He didn't find out until he read it in the papers just like everybody else.
Poor President ByStander ……. nobody tells him anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies