Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
I will comment on the bolded text ... so we don't pay for ANY preventable diseases or injuries either? MOST cases of Type2 Diabetes are preventable, MOST cases of heart disease are preventable, lung cancer and other diseases in smokers, liver disease in those that drink a bit too much, strains and broken limbs of those that play contact sports, I don't think I need to continue in order to prove that excuse is rather silly.

Just be F'n honest ... some don't want to or can't have sexual relations with another person, and they believe since they can't or won't, NO ONE else should either.

Sexual repression does distort thinking in other areas.
Exactly! Car insurance pays for auto accidents. Most people are somewhat at fault, no matter who is legally at fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 PM

797 posts, read 1,344,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Wait - the same liberal tree huggers screaming about hormones in milk and meat and eating organic foods are ingesting hormones on purpose?
great point !

Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It shouldn't even be an issue. Unplanned pregnancies are a burden
on society. Medicaid will be exceeding that of Medicare. Its killing the nation.
Paying for the pill is a small price to pay IMO.
I don't suppose it ever occurred to these people that if you don't want a child, cannot afford to care for a child, then maybe *just maybe* you shouldn't be having sex? What are we just a bunch of animals in heat that we cannot control ourselves? Give me a break. There is such a thing a self-control the problem being that so very few people have it.

I don't think I should be required to pay for animals in rut, sorry.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't suppose it ever occurred to these people that if you don't want a child, cannot afford to care for a child, then maybe *just maybe* you shouldn't be having sex? What are we just a bunch of animals in heat that we cannot control ourselves? Give me a break. There is such a thing a self-control the problem being that so very few people have it.

I don't think I should be required to pay for animals in rut, sorry.

20yrsinBranson
Generally speaking humans have a sex drive that is built in and doesn't come with an off switch. So no, "just don't have sex" isn't an answer and only makes you look ignorant about life.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
If God(yes, I believe there is a God) didn't intend on Humans having intercourse for other reasons than procreation why does it bring so much joy to those involved and isn't it like it is in most other mammals?
If God just wanted us to eat food to keep us alive, why did he make it taste so good?

The reason sex is pleasurable is because the ratio of intercourse to conception is very low. Therefore you have to do it ALOT to ensure pregnancy. That's why.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If God just wanted us to eat food to keep us alive, why did he make it taste so good?

The reason sex is pleasurable is because the ratio of intercourse to conception is very low. Therefore you have to do it ALOT to ensure pregnancy. That's why.

20yrsinBranson
Some people don't, some may want to do it ALOT just for fun, others don't get the chance very often. It's a crapshoot really.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Generally speaking humans have a sex drive that is built in and doesn't come with an off switch. So no, "just don't have sex" isn't an answer and only makes you look ignorant about life.
Eh.

Free will.

It's an answer.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Seriously? I was taught that decent people behaved like refined adults not alley cats. People I have had the good fortune of knowing don't hump like bunnies. Apparently, you have had different experiences (and friends). I am not passing judgment and saying one way is right and one way is wrong, I am simply saying that self control is a learned behavior that requires discipline. It makes for better people, in my opinion, of course.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Businesses Sue Government Over Birth Control Mandate

It seems like every couple weeks, I'm getting an e-mail from Planned Parenthood about the ongoing battle to get birth control covered in health plans. Why? What is the big deal about covering the pill?
Because it has been politicized as a 'womens rights' issue.

The spin is
- if you believe women should pay for their own birth control rather than be subsidized by government mandate you are a misogynist.

- if you support a religious objection to state funded 'day after' type contraception you are an ignorant bible thumping misogynist.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Exactly. BC is a preventative measure and it a whole lot cheaper than pregnancy, delivery and then coverage for an infant (and maternity leave). It's cheaper in the long run, results in less unwanted pregnancies and abortions, and less unwanted kids. What's not to support?
I'll answer your question: What's not to support?

Women. After all, we're all whores.
Men have no culpability.
It's the american christian way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies