Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Btw the most idiotic comments I am reading are from the lefties on this board. I will never understand the logic of requiring tax payers to pay for everything. If we do that then everyone will go broke who is paying taxes while those who don't will get more. It's why states like Illinois and California are going broke.

Like I stated before I couldn't care less if private employers pay for birth control. What I don't think is right is why a religious employer is forced to pay for something they disagree with. People say goofy things like that their views are outdated, but in USA we are supposed to believe in what we want.
But arent BC pills generally covered? Its my understanding that some religious employers want to take out prescriptions that are generally included. What about HIV meds (HIV is associated with homosexuality), what about common pain meds because they lead to addiction, what about anit-depressants (weakness of the mind). For some religious folks these are all things they disagree with.

As for meds and health care paid for solely by tax dollars, not employer/employee paid premiums, Im more concerned by the amount of narcotic prescriptions that end up being sold on the street than tax dollars being spent making it easier for people to have protected sexual relations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Please state where I said I hate the poor. No I hate abusers because they cost me more in money. I asked you in another thread if you give to the poor whether financially or volunteering and you didn't answer, which leads me to believe you don't. Also, leads me to believe perhaps you are on assistance and feel you deserve to abuse the system.
Oh, you didn't actually say it like this: "I hate the poor." However, if I list here everything you've said which has scapegoated the poor, I'd have quite a lengthy post. You must think people are dense. Of course you'd never actually say, "I'd hate the poor." You're much more clever than all that.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But arent BC pills generally covered? Its my understanding that some religious employers want to take out prescriptions that are generally included. What about HIV meds (HIV is associated with homosexuality), what about common pain meds because they lead to addiction, what about anit-depressants (weakness of the mind). For some religious folks these are all things they disagree with.

As for meds and health care paid for solely by tax dollars, not employer/employee paid premiums, Im more concerned by the amount of narcotic prescriptions that end up being sold on the street than tax dollars being spent making it easier for people to have protected sexual relations.
I don't know about the others, but most religions don't oppose pain meds or even HIV. I'm not sure what the Catholic Church thinks of HIV medicine but since it is helping with life it is probably ok. I know their issue with birth control is that many forms abort an embryo before it implants in the uterus and that people should be open to life. I don't completely agree but this is their view and must be respected when it comes to financial aspects. I also know many religious organizations require the person to be of the same faith and this is important I think with this issue so it's a non issue.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh, you didn't actually say it like this: "I hate the poor." However, if I list here everything you've said which has scapegoated the poor, I'd have quite a lengthy post. You must think people are dense. Of course you'd never actually say, "I'd hate the poor." You're much more clever than all that.
Once again I stated that I don't want to support the freeloading leeches who refuse to work like the baby mamas/baby daddies. I NEVER said anything about helping the poor. In fact I do help the poor, yet you refuse to state if you do, which tells me you don't. Contrary to what many delusional lefties think there is a big difference between a person who falls on hard times who needs a helping hand versus someone who refuses to help themselves (like people who keep getting pregnant).

Old 03-08-2013, 01:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
I will comment on the bolded text ... so we don't pay for ANY preventable lifestyle diseases or injuries either?

MOST cases of Type2 Diabetes are preventable, MOST cases of heart disease are preventable, lung cancer and other diseases in smokers, liver disease in those that drink a bit too much, strains and broken limbs of those that play contact sports, I don't think I need to continue in order to prove that excuse is rather silly.
He didn't say we don't pay for preventable diseases. He said we don't pay for people to engage in risky behavior "safely". Two different things. To use your Diabetes example, medical insurance doesn't pay for you to drink Diet Coke so that you won't get the sugar from drinking regular Coke. If you already are pre-diabetic they might pay for medication to help keep it from becoming full blown diabetes. But that's treating high blood sugar. What they don't do is pay for healthy food for you so that you won't eat unhealthy food.

Quote:
Just be F'n honest ... some don't want to or can't have sexual relations with another person, and they believe since they can't or won't, NO ONE else should either.
Some people who oppose birth control, or oppose birth control being covered, or oppose a mandate that birth control have no copay, may feel as you said. Others may not.

Quote:
Sexual repression does distort thinking in other areas.
So does feeling that your own opinion is the only possible rational opinion. Which I'm not saying you do - I'm just making the comment that this goes both ways. Those who insist there's no legitimate reason not to pass out birth control out like candy are just as wrong as those who insist that their religious codes should be followed by everyone in society.

Banning birth control is wrong.
Making birth control free is wrong.

Quote:
If God(yes, I believe there is a God) didn't intend on Humans having intercourse for other reasons than procreation why does it bring so much joy to those involved and isn't it like it is in most other mammals?

Is this a test like all the buried Dinosaur bones?
It brings joy because it is an evolutionary incentive to engage in activities which perpetuate survival of the individual and the species. The fact that it feels good makes people want to do it. It's the same reason that dopamine is released when you eat. It's a part of survival instinct.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Generally speaking humans have a sex drive that is built in and doesn't come with an off switch. So no, "just don't have sex" isn't an answer and only makes you look ignorant about life.
Saying it isn't fair to tell women not to have sex is not a legitimate response when you are perfectly willing to tell men the same thing. Now, the fact that only women can get pregnant does lead to conclusions - namely, that she's the only one who gets to decide whether or not to have an abortion. However, men and women both have sex drives. If "just don't have sex" isn't an answer for women paying for their own birth control, then "just don't have sex" shouldn't be an answer for men paying child support if the woman makes a unilateral decision to keep the baby instead of aborting it or giving it up for adoption.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
There needs to be a balance. The fact that you won't stop all irresponsible sex is not an excuse for going in the other direction and actually encouraging it. We can provide people with the protection for doing it without actually encouraging them to do it. It's your right to smoke and cigarettes are available, but we pretty strongly discourage you from doing it because of the consequences. Sex should be the same thing. Here's the products you need if you're going to do it, but we discourage you from doing it unless you're ready to deal with the potential consequences.
But isnt providing reliable affordable BC a means to reducing irresponsible sex. and isnt using BC the first step in dealing with the potential consequences of sex.

We discourage smoking because the consequences are lung cancer and hypertention leading to expensive medical costs, chemo, radiation, surgery, and hospital stays which insurance covers. If there were a pill that would prevent the consequences of smoking, IDK but Id think people would encourage insurance companies to cover it. The consenquences of sex are pregnancy and childbirth which can lead to expensive medical costs that insurance covers. Guess what, there is a pill that prevents said consequences.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I don't know about the others, but most religions don't oppose pain meds or even HIV. I'm not sure what the Catholic Church thinks of HIV medicine but since it is helping with life it is probably ok. I know their issue with birth control is that many forms abort an embryo before it implants in the uterus and that people should be open to life. I don't completely agree but this is their view and must be respected when it comes to financial aspects. I also know many religious organizations require the person to be of the same faith and this is important I think with this issue so it's a non issue.

But what if they did. What if it was a religious organization but a private employer who personally opposed these things? Would it be ok to limit your employee's coverage to suit your own beliefs if everyone is required by law to provide coverage.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Once again I stated that I don't want to support the freeloading leeches who refuse to work like the baby mamas/baby daddies.
Ahhh, here's the Jesus follower talking again. Such a good Jesus follower! Certainly fit to be teaching Jesus words! Hell yeah!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But what if they did. What if it was a religious organization but a private employer who personally opposed these things? Would it be ok to limit your employee's coverage to suit your own beliefs if everyone is required by law to provide coverage.
If a private employer is paying then yes they have the right to say what they will pay for. It might be unfair but it's their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies