Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
The burden of proof is on you, you were the one who disputed him.
I don't have to...unless he was stating something as fact...which he wasn't.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM

267 posts, read 202,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I disagree with that. If the victim was a white person, you would not hear anything about it. It seems to be the black community that gets up in arms every time a criminal is killed by the Police. And every time it is the Police that are at fault, not the criminal.
If a white man tan from plain clothes officers and was subsequently murdered people and the media would be outraged, and rightly so. However if it's a black child, mind you he is a murder victim, he would be villainized and demonized to no end. You have people in praising the actions the a child was murdered but let this have been Edward from Syracuse or a white surburb, this whole forum and the media would call for justice.

As stated before and witnessed by the comments in this thread, a black life isn't worth a damn in Amerikkka, and it will never change

Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I haven't waded through 17 pages of commentary, but the bottom line is this:

Unless it can be shown that the cops put the gun on the kid, this is a 100% good police shooting. The claimed he pointed a gun at them, a gun was recovered. So unless the gun came from the cops, they were justified.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
If a white man tan from plain clothes officers and was subsequently murdered people and the media would be outraged, and rightly so. However if it's a black child, mind you he is a murder victim, he would be villainized and demonized to no end. You have people in praising the actions the a child was murdered but let this have been Edward from Syracuse or a white surburb, this whole forum and the media would call for justice.

As stated before and witnessed by the comments in this thread, a black life isn't worth a damn in Amerikkka, and it will never change
Ah, what? If a multiple time criminal draws a gun and tries to shoot a police officer, I don't really care just how much skin pigmentation they have. I'd hope the cop is the faster draw and drops him/her. I don't happen to know too many "Edwards from the suburbs of Syracuse" that are dumb enough or violent enough to do so. We did have a low-pigmentaiton idiot from my area that tried to run a cop down with is car a few months ago that has now assumed ambient temperature. No problem with that at all.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't have to...unless he was stating something as fact...which he wasn't.
The logic you use...

Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I haven't waded through 17 pages of commentary, but the bottom line is this:

Unless it can be shown that the cops put the gun on the kid, this is a 100% good police shooting. The claimed he pointed a gun at them, a gun was recovered. So unless the gun came from the cops, they were justified.
What if he was just trying to ditch it? Cops freak out at the sight of a gun. They fired 11 times, shot the kid four, 2 torso, and his legs. I don't like this at all.
Then they get sent to the hospital for trauma. Next we'll be paying for their disability.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM

267 posts, read 202,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ah, what? If a multiple time criminal draws a gun and tries to shoot a police officer, I don't really care just how much skin pigmentation they have. I'd hope the cop is the faster draw and drops him/her. I don't happen to know too many "Edwards from the suburbs of Syracuse" that are dumb enough or violent enough to do so. We did have a low-pigmentaiton idiot from my area that tried to run a cop down with is car a few months ago that has now assumed ambient temperature. No problem with that at all.

Gtfoh, most of white folks in here would try to humanize him (white victim), but because this young man happens to be heavily melanated in comparison to ed, you people praise the murder and the murderers.

Most of you don't the psyche of a young Afrikan man in Amerikkka, a country with a system that's sets us up from birth for failure. Now I could careless what you white folks think about that cause you will not understand and will likely never understand, because you lack empathy for your fellow man.

Like said before if a society produces a people who praise the murder of a child or young man, or who praises murder period is sick.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, because the cops have shown themselves repeatedly to have dishonest officers among them who kill and lie about it.
And Black teenagers with guns have shown themselves to be honest forthright citizens incapable of killing people at the slightest whim?

Your post is indicative of why I lump middle class African-Americans with poor African-Americans. The thinking of the two groups from my standpoint is the same. Middle class people tend to support law and order. While they don't support police brutality most middle class people would at least give them police the benfit of the doubt not reflexively side with criminals.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post

If pigs could fly. Join the rest of us on this planet.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What if he was just trying to ditch it? Cops freak out at the sight of a gun. They fired 11 times, shot the kid four, 2 torso, and his legs. I don't like this at all.
Then they get sent to the hospital for trauma. Next we'll be paying for their disability.
So what do you think this is some sort of movie? Where the cop can get a shot off at the last millisecond before the gunman fires on him? Cops have families they'd like to go home too. They don't have the luxury of waiting to see what a kid with a loaded gun is going to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies