Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Very sad...... Disgusting and sad!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Exactly, nobody knew he had a gun, but they are taking the cops word for it. I am not.
His family even admitted he had a weapon.
Go talk to them if it bothers you that much.
I say, show me the proof that he was a "fun loving" kid as the media describes him.
Fun loving if you enjoy getting a dull pencil jabbed in your eye maybe.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Damn, victim much?
Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I don't believe anything fully because I wasn't there. The least of whom would be his friends and relatives who have already been quoted with questionable info.....(cousin says he was just pulling up his pants and he wasn't even there...)

As soon as the media flaunts 8 yr old pictures all over the place with their wording explains enough with respects to any news-reporting, they are stretching as far as possible for chaos....they should be fined. So they are fully un-reliable.

Obviously the eyewitness's will say what they think will fly to nail the cops. The cops prob know this and prob have much more to add. How does anyone know.

So you guys all hasty to know what really happened makes no sense. What we know is he indeed had a gun... he is a known criminal who carries a gun..the cops say they introduced themselves and the wit deny....problem is the wit say and the cop say he was leaving the group and going down the street when the car pulled up....so how could they have heard ..? ( time required and hurriedly walking away) Who knows what was going on...possibly a call with respects to some incident. Who knows.
You're basically agreeing with me

Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
His family even admitted he had a weapon.
Go talk to them if it bothers you that much.
I say, show me the proof that he was a "fun loving" kid as the media describes him.
Fun loving if you enjoy getting a dull pencil jabbed in your eye maybe.
Not from what I read. Show me where the family said he was carrying a gun.
Like I said, even if he did have one, I find it absurd that he would be dumb enough to point it at the cops. They weren't in uniform and the car wan't marked. Why would he do that?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
What a Train wreck

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
This poor young man...........he resembles NLN-Tray-Tray(RIP)!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I already stated that I refuse the read the BS article....they mislead with the toddler pic in order to dramatize dynamic social participation, nothing can be trusted from the media. they already lied. They also fully explained that their version is dramatized for effect. The media should be charged and heavily fined, I'm firm on that.
"Undated photo". How convenient. That photo is NOT of a 16 year old boy. It's more like an 11 or 12 year old boy. And the very first sentence goes like this:

Quote:
A fun-loving 16-year-old boy was fatally shot by cops in Brooklyn late Saturday...
No bias there! NO agenda THERE! NONE!

Sheeple, please, stop letting the media think for you by tugging on your little heart strings. Use your damn common sense for a change.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I don't have no such positive emotions to the people who captured my ancestors, and were being systematically imprisoned or murdered across this country by policemen at rates that has not been seen in even the worse of countries.

Slavery still exists and I'm not one who goes and enjoy a cup of tea with the enemy, if my ancestors were killed and my grandparents all had to face more severe discrimination and pain as well as had to fight just to have CIVIL rights then no I will not be the one to have sympathy with my enemies, you understand. I have faced discrimination and covert racism all my life during grade school, had teachers report me to the FBI for a paper. I had to see Nazi signs and racial slurs while using the restroom during school, I've seen how my county treats the different sides of town based off racial demographics and how much funds go to the less fortunate, which isn't much at all. I see the covert racism and discrimination, I'm not afraid to speak on it, or stand for what I see as evidently true, time and time again I see this.

And who gives the hood the guns, cause I don't see no black man owning any gun manufacturing companies, but I do see police, plain clothes and uniformed throughout the hood constantly, I see how the drugs come in and how the liquor (package) stores are on corners and strips numerously throughout the hood. I'm part of the new generation who grew up with the most distractions and the most COVERT obstacles to face and yet we're more than likely not able to overcome it because we don't even know it's there. I have a feeling of what this kid went through because I've had a similar experience, sadly he was just 16 and murdered, you see a criminal gunned down by the good guys. I see a young soul who never had a chance. I don't care if people sympathize with me for this child's loss life, I'm glad I got the message out and let it sit on every person's conscience who probably would not have heard about it outside of CD.

I'm not waiting for more facts because I see the facts everyday that makes this case what it is. I don't need to be schooled on how the hood is, when I live it. God bless me with this mind and this fighting spirit for a reason and it wasn't to lead a gang, but to lead my people out of mental and spiritual bondage which results in an everlasting physical bondage. I'm no fool, far from it, so I don't suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, I'll fight by any means and anyway I can whether it's in the hood, on the forums, in the streets, in school, etc it don't matter. I see the bigger picture and will not be blinded by the bigger obstacles.
Have you traced your ancestry? How do you KNOW your ancestors were brought over as slaves? MANY blacks came over as freemen and even more came over OWNING slaves from the start? Even IF your ancestors were brought over as slaves, how do you know who captured them? You realize that the first slaveowner in the U.S. was a black man? Maybe you need to get away from the revisionist history, and learn the REAL history.

Do you really think that numerous liquor stores are part of an evil plot against you, or MAYBE they are there, because someone felt it was a good place to make money.

As for THIS kid, there are witnesses who state he pulled a gun on the police. What do you think they police are going to do? Sing Kumbaya while they get shot? What was a 16 year old doing with a gun anyways? Worse, a 16 year old with a rap sheet.

I feel bad that this child's life was ended so early, but for his own actions, you and I wouldn't be having this particular conversation.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
The boy was not African American. He was of Caribbean descent, according to the NY Times article.
I know my post was in response to a comment by a particular poster who claims to be middle class but hate cops.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Act II:The riots

Quote:
A vigil for an armed Brooklyn teenager who was fatally shot by police officers turned violent Monday night when a small group broke off from the gathering and began throwing bottles at a local police precinct station house and knocking food off a bodega stand, the authorities said.

Mr. Browne said the group “trashed” a bodega at Church and Troy Avenues, “knocking all the fruits and vegetables from a stand.” Officers at the scene said a group of young people rampaged through a Rite Aid store on Church Avenue and tried to steal a cash register. At least two bystanders were injured; one was hit in the head with a bottle and hospitalized with a laceration to the head, said Kim Royster, a police spokeswoman. Inside the store, bottles of wine and other products were scattered about the floor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/ny...l?ref=nyregion
What a sick people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies