Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
The anger and disdain for Christianity in your posts is exactly why it should NOT be taught by teachers. If you were a teacher, could you honestly leave out such terminology as "religious nonsense" and your attitude about it? Probably not. It's indoctrination.
How true!! And that comes from a non-religious person .... though I am often accused of holding religious based ideas, simply because I possess the raw intelligence necessary to look at the intricacies of a Swiss made watch and realize that it couldn't have created itself, or be created by natural processes. Silly me, I think a watch maker made it.

That a living cell, or even that of DNA happens to be infinitely more complex than a watch, doesn't seem to have the tiniest impact on those unevolved brains of the evolutionists. The sad truth is, the very belief in life being created through evolution is evidence of evolution's flawed philosophy, because contrary to the claims .. human beings have never been dumber than they are today, proven by believing such absurd things.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The matter may decay into energy, but the energy goes on and on and on. Only that energy doesn't have to be considered a soul, it doesn't have to go "someplace", it simply is.
Why do you suppose that the soul doesn't obey energy conservation laws?

I never said that the soul "went anywhere" - only that it is eternal.

The question of where is a religious topic and there is a sub-forum for that.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb What's wrong with teaching evolution in public school?

As this thread illustrates, there's no problem with teaching evolution in public schools.

The problem is too many dummies refuse to learn it.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
The anger and disdain for Christianity in your posts is exactly why it should NOT be taught by teachers. If you were a teacher, could you honestly leave out such terminology as "religious nonsense" and your attitude about it? Probably not. It's indoctrination.
The legitimacy of teaching sciences such as biology (including evolution) has no relation to GregW.

Tell me, is teaching math "indictrination" to you?. How about Geometry or Chemistry?

There is no "doctrine" in evoution, only fact. Therefore teaching evolution can NOT be indoctrination.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
More bad news, neither you, nor I, nor anyone else has, or has ever had, a soul. Face your mortality like a man, and make the best of this life, for it is all you will ever have. Overcome your fear - be brave.
I fear three things - the three F's - fire, falling, and failure.

Thus I strive to not ignite, keep my balance in high places, and to always succeed.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

The soul isn't "eternal" is is "mythological". Science has discovered atoms, and indeed protons, neutrons and electrons, and, recently, sub-atomic particles, yet with all of our sophisticated sensores, nary of tendril of evidence of sould has ever been uncovered. It if existed, we would "see" evidence of it.

Face mortality and accept it. Doing anything, including "living", forever would be a torment beyond description.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM

83 posts, read 95,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Why not?
What's wrong with evolving from a primate ancestor?
What's wrong with those primate ancestors evolving from rodents?
Becuase you do not have non-disputable evidence that shows direct and complete connection to this ancestor. Therefore, it's not fact. Furthermore, evolution fails to explain why humans are the only species to develop complex language, the ability to speak, play music and so on. I find it degrading to teach that I'm nothing more than an animal and you have proven it as fact.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I fear three things - the three F's - fire, falling, and failure.

Thus I strive to not ignite, keep my balance in high places, and to always succeed.
Two of which threaten your mortality, so you really are saying is that you are completely terrorized by your mortality. It is natural, but move beyond it. For the limited nature of life, i.e. is is scarce and finite, is the only thing that gives it value.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,958,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with teaching evolution as a theory, along with creation as a theory. Neither should be taught as proven fact, because both are unproveable.
Technically gravity is just a theory too.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:

I don't suppose anything about the soul.

And if you are positing an afterlife, and the soul is the repository of that afterlife, then it's either going somewhere, or it's hanging nebulously, with no purpose, no intention, nothingness. I'm pretty sure that you don't believe you die and your soul is consigned to nothingness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies