Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Are there actually still people out there that think like this?
In countries that think like that, there are far fewer gays than here. Go figure, maybe there is truth somewhere there when you raise you boy like a man instead of woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She whipped him with a plastic cord. Let's not make him into a martyr here, that's a far gentle reaction to the situation. (Edward's title is a bit dramatic).
According to the story in the OP's link,
Quote:
Forest Hill Police meanwhile say Moore went too far, causing bleeding and leaving marks on the boy’s thighs, forearms, hands, torso and back.
She beat a 15 year old boy til he bled. That's not a gentle reaction. That's child abuse.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
In countries that think like that, there are far fewer gays than here. Go figure, maybe there is truth somewhere there when you raise you boy like a man instead of woman.
Say what?

Are you saying that in countries that consider beating homosexuals normal, there are fewer of them?

How the fudge would you even begin to know that? They gonna all willingly form a line for the next beatfest?

Perhaps they all leave there for greener pastures so to speak. Or perhaps they are being killed off; another laudable concept in your eyes?

You cannot be serious.

Clarify please?

Last edited by BruSan; 03-27-2013 at 09:28 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Is hitting your 15 year old son with a plastic cord really that 'ignorant' after you saw him getting a BJ in YOUR house by his 18 year old cousin? What would you do, wag your finger? Count to 3? I think it's a tame response, mine would be far bigger.
Answer - yes, it is ignorant and guaranteed to solve nothing. We don't live in the dark ages any longer and beating someone with an electrical cord is just stupid. She should have taken her frustrations out on the 18 year old IMO.

You still have not produced any facts where I have made this boy a martyr; nowhere did I indicate he was a martyr. I just think she's not very smart and reading her words only reinforces my opinion.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post

She beat a 15 year old boy til he bled. That's not a gentle reaction. That's child abuse.

AND the kids grandparents are then ones reporting this to police! They obviously disagree with her methods as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post

He got some cuts. That's not child abuse considering what he was doing.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Its the war on children and we still have no violence against children act.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Clarify please?
I don't know how to clarify any better than I did. There is a difference between here and other countries. In those other countries, men are married and have kids. Are some of those men 'homosexuals?' Who knows, maybe they have some attractions to other men but in the end they're fine with their families and children.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Answer - yes, it is ignorant and guaranteed to solve nothing. We don't live in the dark ages any longer and beating someone with an electrical cord is just stupid. She should have taken her frustrations out on the 18 year old IMO.
She was probably worried the 18 year old would beat her up.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

You still have not produced any facts where I have made this boy a martyr; nowhere did I indicate he was a martyr. I just think she's not very smart and reading her words only reinforces my opinion.

Thank you best post. Yes i am sure as a parent she was shocked. Two wrongs don't make it right. Problems are not solved by beating someone with and electrical cord.

People are damn ignorant if they think, homosexual tendancies, are able to be beat out of a person. Don't work that way.

And the older cousin was by far, in the wrong. This is where you talk to your child about his or her feelings, and this is the problem so many teens have with their parents. Why tell a parent their true feelings, if all parents are going to act in this way.

Yes it is shocking but her actions make her no better then the older cousin. Talk is the best method of communication and understanding. When that barrier breaks down, your relationship is in trouble. Beating someone with an electrical cord, is not only stupid but also ignorant, because that just amplified this problem, by 100%. This fifteen yr old child is most likely right now so very displaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies