Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So because they get married and have children they aren't gay anymore? Seriously? It's called a cover, genius. My high school drama teacher was married with 2 children, but anyone who actually knew him and his family knew that he was gay. His "friend" went on family trips with his family every year, and they weren't all that successful at hiding what was going on from those of us who were paying attention. But I guess in Chechnya he'd be considered straight because he was married with kids, eh? I wonder, could they execute him twice, once for being gay and once for committing adultery?
In Chechnya he wouldn't have sex with his male friends on the side either. If you preposition any man for sex, they can kill you and be immune from the law. In Chechnya, probably not much verification of the story (whether he's lying) would happen because to admit you were prepositioned for sex by another man would be a highly dishonorable thing to have attached to your name. You would be the talk of the town. But like I said, it's rare (pretty much unheard of) for homosexuals to be caught and killed whereas this happens all the time for adulterers. Btw, in Chechnya, if you catch your wife cheating it's incumbent on you to kill her and the man she was cheating with. If you don't, it's expected her blood relation (usually a brother or father) to kill her and then subsequently: YOU. (in this case the cheating man can also be killed) It's considered if you're a weak man to not be able to control your wife, and then commit her punishment like a man, you failed your oath to the men in her family and dishonored both.

Also an interesting aside is that most Chechen's swear in Russian instead of our language. If you insult someone's relatives, especially mother, they can kill you. It's considered a justified provocation. But when said in Russian, no one takes the curses literally.

Quote:
If you seriously believe that there are no homosexuals in Chechnya because of their prohibitive laws, I doubt you could tell a gay man from a straight one if you were at a gay bar.
It might educate you to live abroad in a country with similar laws. You speak from a position of ignorance of being immersed in a liberal culture your entire life. You simply can't imagine the differences and you think everything runs along the lines they do here, just more 'repressed.' I can say that's not true.

Last edited by zombieApocExtraordinaire; 03-27-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Sodomy and incest. A double header for some.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Sodomy and incest. A double header for some.
There was no sodomy here.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 PM

353 posts, read 395,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think the mom took appropriate action here and probably saved her son from a lifetime of homosexual acts.
Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Sexually Active Son « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

I seriously doubt that he will ever think about engaging in any form of homosexuality again.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Whipping your kid with an electrical cord is ghetto.
It may very well be "ghetto," but he certainly learned a valuable lesson.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post

It might educate you to live abroad in a country with similar laws. You speak from a position of ignorance of being immersed in a liberal culture your entire life. You simply can't imagine the differences and you think everything runs along the lines they do here, just more 'repressed.' I can say that's not true.
Exactly. It's hard for certain Americans to fathom, but many other cultures have no interest in encouraging or promoting homosexuality to the masses.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,336 times
This mother has done irreparable damage to her son, that will inevitably affect her relationship with her son for life.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:34 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
He got some cuts. That's not child abuse considering what he was doing.
Considering what he was doing? Was he hurting someone? Stealing something from someone? What was he doing that was so reprehensible that it warranted being beat with an electrical cord until he bled. This is not an edged weapon that cuts quickly. This is a piece of plastic clad wire. You know how hard you have to hit someone with it to make them bleed? Tell me how this kids actions, which as far as I can see cause no harm to anyone, are deserving of such treatment. I get that he was doing something wrong. With that fact I agree. He had let someone into the house without his mother knowing it, and was doing something of which he knew she didn't approve. But the punishment far exceeded the crime.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I seriously doubt that he will ever think about engaging in any form of homosexuality again.
I seriously doubt that you are correct. This misguided mother did absolutely nothing to prevent homosexuality in her son - unless he was just experimenting and is not really homosexual at all. IF he is - no amount of beating is going to change the fact that her son is a homosexual. None.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:44 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
There was no sodomy here.
Yes, there was. According to the original story anyway. The mother walked in and witnessed it, which is what set her off on beating her son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies