Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't know how to clarify any better than I did. There is a difference between here and other countries. In those other countries, men are married and have kids. Are some of those men 'homosexuals?' Who knows, maybe they have some attractions to other men but in the end they're fine with their families and children.
Well here's something to consider;

You know nothing of those "other countries" and their socio-sexual makeup.

You cannot say with any authority that countries that actively discourage homosexual behaviour with violence have any better marriage statistics.

In the country in which this event took place men are married and have kids as well as many who are not married and have kids with multiple mothers and vice-versa, what does this prove in relation to homsexuality rates?

"Attraction to other men but in the end they're fine with their families and children"........say what?

You're implying that repressing homsexuality and faking heterosexuality is a HEALTHY lifestyle choice, while raising children,..... really?

Good grief!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well here's something to consider;

You know nothing of those "other countries" and their socio-sexual makeup.
How about the fact I've lived in Chechnya? My family and blood are from there? I know her very well.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Talk is the best method of communication and understanding.
For women. For men, physical punishment is the best understanding.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You're implying that repressing homsexuality and faking heterosexuality is a HEALTHY lifestyle choice, while raising children,..... really?
In many ways, yes. They don't seem worse for wear.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,756,837 times
Quote:
How about the fact I've lived in Chechnya? My family and blood are from there? I know her very well.
You know I lived in Virginia for a few years. And I have family there still. I guess this makes me an expert on the socio-economic climate of Virginia.

BTW, Chechnya is not a country, its a state that is part of Russia. And if you are using Russia as an example of good morals, you may want to start in the Middle East, they are a little more "medieval".

Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
And you obviously think that Chechnya's familial standards are superior to the U.S.'s, yet here you are!

C'mon now you cannot believe you can effectively "restrict with control" such a thing as someone's sexual predilictions. Were that the case pedophilia would be merely a word in a dictionary. Sadly, that is not the case.

Successfully eradicating or eliminating something versus simply driving something underground are two polar opposites.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
For women. For men, physical punishment is the best understanding.
Aaah; yes, the KGB were so very good at that; yet the wall came down regardless ....no?

You're losing more and more credibility with each post you make on this topic. I suggest quitting while you're already behind.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
And you obviously think that Chechnya's familial standards are superior to the U.S.'s, yet here you are!
I'm here due to what happened in 1999 (I left in 2002). I'm now ironically a dead man if I ever step foot back in Russia or Chechnya because I fought on the 'wrong' side of the resistance (may God show mercy to Habib Rahman) as a result both Putin and Kadyrov will have me killed if I ever return or get anywhere near Russia or Chechnya. But maybe sometime I will return, my heart is very much there. Some of my family members were executed by having explosives strapped to them and being blown into pieces. That's very much the political reality in Chechnya.

Quote:
C'mon now you cannot believe you can effectively "restrict with control" such a thing as someone's sexual predilictions. Were that the case pedophilia would be merely a word in a dictionary. Sadly, that is not the case.
Pedophilia is rarer than homosexuality. If it was socially accepted, it'd be far more common.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think the mom took appropriate action here and probably saved her son from a lifetime of homosexual acts.
Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Sexually Active Son « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
There are a lot of sickos around. Look what the officer said:

Quote:
“Even that day when the police officer came out here, he told me out of his own mouth, ‘If it was me and I walked in on my child,’ he said, ‘parent to parent I probably would have shot him.
It was wrong for him to be with his cousin, but what bothered this woman was not the cousin thing, or the fact that he was having sex at FIFTEEN. Those two should've bothered her. But no, she was bothered because it was a "gay" issue, and she's a woman with prejudices.

I'd have been livid about the cousin thing, and having sex at only 15. That's just wrong. Too young, too soon, wrong all around.

As to you, it's clear you're not interested in the real issues here: abuse, sex at 15, a cousin. You're simply prejudiced against gays.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
BTW, Chechnya is not a country, its a state that is part of Russia. And if you are using Russia as an example of good morals, you may want to start in the Middle East, they are a little more "medieval".
It's an autonomous Republic, and independent of Russia on everything except foreign treaties (Sharia is law in Chechnya). And it was an independent country when I lived there (called Ichkeria). We got ahead of ourselves and decided to invade 'Russia' (Dagestan) because we are always willing to fight no matter the odds.

We have some of the strictest laws than the 'middle east.' When it comes to female rights and gay rights, we were stricter than any country on the planet other than the Taliban run Afghanistan, but now we might be the strictest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies